29 coaches online • Server time: 02:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2015 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

93 coaches this morning with the weekend rush to come. Check you're in, check your skills and get ready! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2015 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I've done my final round of accepting before tomorrow night, I now go dark for approximately 24 hours.

I've checked a bunch of teams, if you haven't received a PM from me, I've not spotted a problem with your submission. That isn't to say that there is nothing wrong, I encourage everyone to take one last look. Do you see yourself in the group? Are your skills and Inducements (if T3) correct?

See you tomorrow night for the big kick off! 27 or so hours to get that team in! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Your final day of applications begins! You have until 22:00 server, get those teams in NOW! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

A little over 90 minutes to go! It's now(ish) or never! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

... Currently an odd number in NA and in the Oceanic group. Go on, even us up! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

~ 20 mins to go, and an odd number in Europe and Oceania. In the event we kick off with temporary filler teams, I'll be looking for subs!

As ever, it'll take 15 - 20 mins at deadline to set everything up. You'll receive a PM when we're go!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

We've had a slight snafu with the system this evening, in that many of our European colleagues will not now be members of the group. That isn't too important, but if you'd like to be back, re-apply!:

The World Cup Warm Up is… GO!

Do not reply to this PM, please instead use the forum thread for all discussion.

Thank you for joining us for this online NAF tournament! Now that we have kicked off, I can finalise our structure. The winner of each Swiss group will advance to an eight team knockout bracket, and they will be joined by runners up from the European groups (reflecting the greater European representation) to determine our overall champion! We will also have a final between the top performing Stunty teams to decide the Stunty Cup and a playoff between the top 4 ranked teams entered into the Team Challenge (see rulespack for details).

The first round deadline is Monday night, 24th Aug, 22:00 server time. In Europe, each group has a different member of staff to deal with forfeits, Groups 1: Purplegoo, Group 2 easilyamused, Group 3 spubbbba. These are your staff members to PM if you find difficulty scheduling your games. You will find your group number on the tournament page.

Please find below six important points regarding the tournament, worth repeating especially as we have some coaches new to FUMBBL joining us. For the veterans among you, the below is a mix of handy reminders of good practice and important information for this event, so please take 5 minutes to read it anyway. Should you have been drawn against a ‘Temporary Filler’ team, we have had an odd number of applications, and we will endeavour to fill the game with a new opponent as soon as possible.

Good luck, have fun, and if you have any issues, please raise them swiftly in the forum thread. Thank you for your support!

Phil / Purplegoo.

Six Important Points

1. Tiebreakers: The WCWU will be using tiers then opponent record as tie breaker for 1st and 2nd place in each group. We will be using net TD + net CAS, TDs scored, CAS inflicted then random everywhere else. This is because opponent score is currently manually calculated.

2. Schedule your game as soon as possible. Your coach overview will now list your scheduled round 1 opponent next to your team. Make contact with him NOW! Azure’s blog (https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Azure&id=15803) is full of good advice on this point; but essentially, PM immediately, use the site scheduler and do everything you can ensure your game is played.

3. Inducements: Spend your remaining treasury to hire your rostered inducements each game when you enter the client. I have checked every roster and published every rostered inducement below, so everyone knows what everyone else should be bringing. Check your opponent is bringing the correct thing. Tick only the correct box!

4. No extensions will be granted. Games will be forfeited on time, at 21:00 GMT (22:00 server time) every Monday night. Server time is shown at the top right of your coach overview page, so you have no excuse!

5. Should your game be proving impossible to schedule (unresponsive opponent, no good mutual time to play, any other reason) invite your staff member to your PM chain ASAP. We will be making forfeits based on any and all information at our disposal, and if your opponent is not replying to PMs and you don’t tell us, you risk the forfeit going the wrong way.

6. If you spot any bugs, have problems, or experience any other issues, shout about it in the forum as they happen. We will do our best to remedy the situation quickly and fairly. I’m sure things will proceed smoothly, but if not, please bear with us, this is still relatively new to everyone! Smile

Rostered Inducements

Europeans

Zed – Glart, Nobbla, Bribe x 1
Boggo_le_gobbo – Bolgrot, Scrappa
easilyamused – Fungus, Bribe x 2
sarduk – Helmut, Bribe x 2
SzieberthAdam – Brick & Grotty

North Americans

mrt1212 – Nobbla, Brick & Grotty, Bribes x 2
Stimme – Glart, Skitter

Australasians

N/A

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %17, %2015 - %23:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2015 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

...We'll be needing a sub for the European group and an even number for Aus. If you fancy either of those spots, PM me (for Europe) or me and Chavo (Aus) ASAP!
bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2015 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know whether you are aware or not but Russo doesn't have a game. Smile

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2015 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sending PM.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2015 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to be sure this time: Deadline 22:00 means the game needs to be started, not finished by that time. Correct?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2015 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It is always so! Smile

Note: only in Europe. In the other timezones, see individual forfeit times.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2015 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

It being Wednesday, you should have made contact with your opponent and be starting to agree on kick off times if you haven't already played. If you're having issues, contact your staff member without delay!
bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2015 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless I'm going blind I appear to have started with only 2 skills.

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2015 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

My screen says you have three? PM me and explain / tell me what they should be.

Edit: I see the issue. You've picked Sure Hands on the Runner. PM me and we'll sort it out.
 Jump to: