48 coaches online • Server time: 17:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

perhaps squigs could get a weaker fanatic? MA3 STR5 as to not make him too uber...
HoboJed

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

My idea for a nurgling star player would be more like this:

St'nx'b'd (Stinks Bad...geddit?)

6 2 2 7 Dodge, Regenerate, Thick Skull, Stunty, Block, Foul Apperance, Spikes, Side Step, Shadowing

Basicly, he is a guy who is really annoying and hard to get away from. I think he doesn't fix any of the teams weaknesses (ie, he doesn't make it easier to pick up the ball Razz), and he isn't seriously over powered... (could add an MA to make the Shadowing count more)

EDIT: If block is too good (mainly included to make it harder to knock him down), prehensile tail could be substituted to add to his theme...it's just I have trouble imagining a nurgling with a long tail... Confused
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i like that nurgling star
HoboJed

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh....I've got another one...obviously secret weapon players on a goblin cheaters team would be dull and therefore not special, so what would a cheater see as a star? Somebody who uses two weapons of course!

Mad (Yeah, that's his name, somebody who trys this should be known by no other handle...except maybe "Dead Meat" or "Sent Off")

6 2 3 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Pogo Stick, Chainsaw

Simple and to the point. He will be crazy to play with, just like any other player on the team, because he COULD leap into a cage and chainsaw their ball carrier...on the other hand he COULD leap into a cage and end up slicing his own arms off...

I just like the image of a goblin pogoing down the pitch whilst weilding a chainsaw... Razz

As tempting as it is to give him +AG (to help both starting the chainsaw, and pogoing), that would just be absurd. Razz
Dragracer

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

lol I like that
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not a troll for cheaters, I can see them getting together to chip in for a big guy.
Squiggy

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

hehehe...

Sashmo the Wonder Snotling.
5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Regenerate, Thick Skull, Two Heads, Leap, Sprint, Sure Feet.

Faster than a speeding gnome...
More powerful than a brownie...
Able to leap tall halflings in a single bound!

Popeye the Snotling
4 1 3 5 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Regenerate, Thick Skull, Two Heads, Dauntless, Multiple Block.

Watch out if he eats his spinach!

And for the Squig Herders...

The Clockwork Thrall
3 2 3 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Thrall, Stand Firm, Regenerate, Thick Skull.

Basically because most of the injuries seem to be caused by ofab, so having someone with a chance of staying on pitch as well as in the game seems like a good idea.

I won't include hiring prices, as I really don't know what would be fair.

pikathulu

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Names and fluf need work.

The idea is for some low cost interesting stars that could give a tiny bit on an edge rather than being a 1 man army (think Zug compared to Griff). I like the idea of a large number of star options where none of them are amazingly good.
NB: all prices are how much they cost to freeboot.

Snotlings (remember that snotlings are a group):

Scumly The Imitator - 4, 1, 2, 5 - Dauntless, Multiblock, Shadowing, Regen, Thick Skull, Dodge 30-40K
Logic:
Not that good, but multi+dauntless would clear out normal stunties and the possible big guy.
Would most likely be used when a 'real' star couldn't be afforded.
Hell, EVERYONE on fumbbl would love a dauntless multibock snotling Smile
Possible adjustments:
+ or - 10K depending on who usefull Scumly is
Fluf: Scumly (or rather the collective snotlings that all refer to scumly) have spent way too long watching, playing and cheering on blood bowl. They started out as nothing more than the typical big guy groupies that usually attend the matches, but eventually learnt something from the way in which the great trolls of blood bowl managed to leave a trail of broken bodies in their wake. They are master learners and, more importantly, imitators who are only every hired by the most deranged of coaches.

Pigtrot's Crew - 4, 2, 3, 6 - Dodge, Regen, Thick Skull, 2 Heads, Right Stuff, Guard, Tackle, Dirty Player
40-50K
LogicL
Snots that can compete against other teams star stunties. Lots of skills that arn't usually available to snotlings makes for a high price for how useful the are.
Possible adjustments:
+ 10-20K depending on the damage they cause
- 0 - 10K and lost DP (its deadly in stunty, possibly replace with Might Blow)
Fluf: Pigtrot's Crew are dead 'ard. At least as dead hard as snotlings come. They completly dominated the snotling leagues and are venturing forth into the full blown stunty league to cause as much damage as possible.

C Flings:

Igor Hunchshamble - 3, 3, 1, 8 - Thick skull, Foul Apperance, Tenticles, Really Stupid
30-40 K
Logic:
He can take damage but will go prone easily. ST 3 wont help much without blocking skills to back it up, but it makes the tenticles useful.
Possible Adjustments:
+10-20K and Standfirm
+10-20K and block
Fluf: If you cant figure this one out, there is no helping you.

Vamplings:
Master Irving Von Salkiva - 6, 2, 3, 7 - OFAB, Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Block, Tackle, Regen, Hypo Gaze
Logic: A damn good player, able to give the edge in high TR games. High cost should prohibit hiring at low TR where he might be a little to good. He would still be quite fragile, and i doubt hypno gaze would help much, but its good fluf
Possible Adjustments:
+10K if too many low TR teams are hiring
+30K and RSC (I dont like this idea. Makes him too good)
Fluff: A child vampire who, enthralled (hehe, get it Wink ) by a game of blood bowl he witnessed, ran off to join a team. Unable to qualify for the major league, he freeboots his natural abilities to any Lord willing to pay him(gold or blood will do).

Im tired now. More to come soon.
MixX

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Gwiff Obwolt, Snotling:
6 1 4 6 - Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Leap, Catch, Sprint

maybe remove the Right Stuff (he's too easy to chuck downfield with it maybe?), cost: 20-30K a match or something, dunno
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Kritlit The devourer

Halfling Star

Ma3 st3 ag3 av6
Dodge stunty Right Stuff Pass Really hungry Throw Team Mate Strong Arm

I just love to see a Ttm Stunty... must be my personal addiction...
besides, halfers could use another star next to deeproot

Snotlings: Gurt Snotflem

Ma5 str2 ag3 av5

Dodge standfirm, extra heads, piling on, Mightyblow, guard, multiple Block

The ultimate bashing Snotling... still useless but could be fun Wink

Nurglings: Cuzon The Mutated

Ma5 str2 ag2 av7

Regenerate, spikes, big hand, extra hands, regenerate, very long legs,prehensile tail, foul appaerance, Thick Skull, stunty
Price should be high.... Very High... 150 k or so Very Happy i just like the idea of a mutation mad nurgling Wink

Chaos Halflings:
The Mad Hatter

Ma3 str3 ag2 av4

Block,kick, break tackle, bonehead, mightyblow

i didnt include prices
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgling star: SmallPox the Flatulent

MA:5 ST:2 ag:2 AV:7

dodge, regenerate, thick skull, Stunty, horns, foul appearance, sidestep, sure feet.

The foul appearance is actually a cloud of gas surrounding him but let's say no more. Very Happy Sidestep is always annoying, sure feet and horns make him a blitzer with a serious flaw; no block-skill.

cost; about 40k I'd guesstimate.
Nicrolagh

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Pigmy:

Zon'ikh the Hedgehog Warrior: 6 2 3 7 right stuff, stunty, dodge, spikes, dauntless

could expend the "animal" concept to stars, and everybody likes sonic Smile

fairies:

Pazzoloony the Satyr: 6 2 3 7 stunty, dodge, horns, leader, no hands, hypnotic gaze

A little Satyr who shows up on games supporting fairies by playing his flute or disturbing the opps with sublimical melodies (thus leader, no hands, HG)
Could be use to give fairies some punch with some blitz power on the first half when trees tend to take root Wink . His flute could be considered as a secret weapon. (almost wanted to give him DP because of a nasty habit of shoving his flutes in opponents' euh... heh, sorry.)
Miyuso

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hungry Rumbletum

Cost: 60,000

Mv 5 St 3 Ag 2 AV 7

Skills: Frenzy, Stunty, Dodge, Wild Animal, Mighty Blow.

Hungry Rumbletum is a Dieter. After allowing a food supply train to be sacked by orcs, and skaven to overrun the graneries in the Moot, The eldars enacted the harshest penalty know to a halfling, Dieting. Considered worse than Exile, dieters are permitted very little food that halfling enjoy, particualry cakes and Beer. Asa result, Hungry Rumbletum is stronger and tougher than many of his fellow halflings due to his healthy diet, but his increased muscles come at a cost. Driven almost insane by the hunger for sweet things, he'll hit anyone repeatedly who comes near him, and doesn't dodge away from opponents, prefering to try and beat the cake out of them.

Brad
Uber

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Karazara The Relentless (Star Skink)

8/3/3/7

Block, Dodge, Jump Up, Shadowing, Side Step, Stunty

130,000 gp

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Erasmus the Insane
Race: Snottling Star Player
5 1 3 6 dodge, stunty, two heads, regen, thick skill, right stuff, pile on, multiple block, always hungry, nerves of steel 60k

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: