17 coaches online • Server time: 03:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pikathulu

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Faries
Wil-o The Wisp - 8 1 4 1 - Dodge, Stunty, No Hands, Iron Man, Jump Up
70 K
Logic: I realy like this idea for a semi etherial player. Awesome at distracting players and usefull for lending that vital assist of tackle zone. ST 1 and AV 1 means they will spend every second turn on the ground(to stop them just holding up a big buy all game), but jump up allows them to get back to the action. Ag4 and stunty would be devestating except for the no hands.
Possible Adjustments:
Would love to give them guard or sidestep to represent their ability to move at huge speeds, but i reckon this would make them too useful. They already have the potential to be either really good or just plain average.
I also though of the idea of removing iron man and giving them AV10 and Death Roller. This would represent the fact that they are hard to ever hit, but if you hit them, they are out for good.
Fluf: Etherial being that are experts at distracting the opposition. I think they fit in really well with the idea of the farie team

Squiqs

Mad Gark The Tamer - 6 2 3 7 - Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Leader, Pro
30 K
Logic: Nothing specical here, just freeboot a leader for the squigs. Pro adds something interesting.
Possible Adjustments:
Lose pro
Gain Diving tackle +10 K
+ 30 K and Chainsaw (its the way he trains the squigs - a little overpowering imo)
Fluf: A master squig hearer, renown in the arts of handling dangerous creatures. He left the army when he realised blood bowl paid better (even though it was a lot more dangerous)

Chaos Flings

Scylcia - 3 4 1 6 - Ball & Chain, Rsc, Claw, Foul App, Tackle, Big Guy
80 K
Logic: Very dangerous (especially with tackle) but only 2 dice blocks against stunty and no rerolls makes for a very unpredicable star (exactly what stunty is about). Cant take on big guys.
Possible adjustments:
- 0 to 20K depending on how usefull it is.
Possibly lose tackle (-20 K) or gain block (+20 K)
Fluf: Scylcai was the star cheerleader of the Chaos All Stars for several seasons. Unfortunatly, the choas gods, in a fit of excitement, blessed Scylcai a few too many times with their gifts, turning her into a choas spawn.
elara

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Dweezil Elgood
Chaos Halfling Catcher
6 2 3 6 dodge, stunty, right stuff, very long legs, catch
<--- Image is my avatar
Just a fast halfling to run with the ball. Easily hurt.

The Glyph
Gnome (or skyres slaves?) Defense Machina
1 1 4 10 thick skull, guard, stand firm, right stuff, pass block, jump up, foul appearance, blunderbuss
Gnomic engineers built this as a siege weapon, but found it was better on the blood bowl field.
Almost immobile, but puts on bursts of speed when threatened.
Can be put into position with a cannon.
Easily knocked down, but hard to keep down.

Stinkerbelle
Faerie blitzer
7 1 2 6 dodge, stunty, right stuff, dauntless, frenzy, piling on, dirty player
Tinkerbelle's evil sister.
Rather more interested in hurting people with the bad pixie dust than worrying about the ball.

Gumlig "spider" Droolhand
Goblin Cheater acid-netter
6 2 3 7 dodge, stunty, tentacles, poisoned dagger
A fan of classic dwarf warhammerers' play
Likes to tangle opponents in his net and then stab them with a very sharp knife.
buzzrocks

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i would like a hopping mad pogo stick chaos halfling!

5/2/3/7 right stuff, dodge, pogo stick, sprint, sure feet, no hands, horns

this ingenious scourge of the blood bowl field invented a pogo stick armed with enchanted demon horns of destruction(horns). his skill with the device is unparalled(sure feet), but perhaps this is because hes the only one that is idiotic enough to use it. unfortunately, due to the amount of concentration needed to steer the pogo stick, and its decidedly spikey nature, any ball that is passed to him will either bounce off his head or pop on the enchanted demon horns of destruction!! (no hands)

i think hes pretty well balanced, he doesnt have stunty cos i guess you would lose it with a pogo... he has a high movement rate (MV 5 + 4 GFI = 9 *possible* movement) and horns give him a blitzing quality, (hes just not actually any good at knocking down the opposing player) Smile you could use him for a desperate attempt to stop a player thats outpaced your normal flings, probably not knocking them down but at least putting a tz on em... hes pretty useless in offence due to not carrying the ball.

one question does pogo give u leap? or just the extra GFI square?

possible changes... to make him better you could give him sidestep, or MV 6 and no sprint, making it a little safer to move him his full allowance. possibly even shadowing, but then hes probably become a decent star and therefore not suited to stunty at all Smile
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

it gives you leap and 2 extra gfis
Stovaa

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Logan
5 3 3 8
Block, Dodge, Stunty, Claw, Dauntless, No Hands, Mighty Blow, Razor Sharp Claws

Logan is a little bit on the insane side, so feels right at home of the Blood Bowl pitch.

Yeah, I should stop reading Wolverine comics before I post. Oh, and Elera, that Chaos Halfing picture is just plain wrong.
Clementus

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

So no to the latest one!!! Thats just hideous, RSC, CLAW, block Dauntless!!, And why the hell Mighty Blow? No more rolls to use it on. But hideous, truly hideous.

Any thoughts on using Old players from the stunty League as stars? The more interesting ones at least....

Though both bashy, and wouldnt use any that are TOO bashy the following are old players who could be used. Would rather use players with a more interesting spread of skills admittedly.

Hamstead the Killer Halfling - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=434948

Flings Rule!
Aries

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgling Star: Zigga Slimefoot 5327 Dodge, Stunty, Thick Skull, Regen, Block, Tentacles

Kazah Ligarte: 5337 Dodge, Stunty, Thickskull, Regen, Two Heads, Block, Guard

or just give us wizard access... we need something to dump our money in... once you got 8 rerolls 9 coaches, 5 cheerleaders you start to toss your money away just to lower your TR and get zip for it...
Stovaa

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

fine, no godmoding gnome...

Marvo the wonder gnome
4 2 4 7
Dodge, Right Stuff, Thick Skull, Stunty, Block.

Marvo loves being shot from cannons...
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a thought, we'll need to make sure that the stars dont throw out what little balance we have in the leeg at the moment. Some stunty teams will have far more cash spare than others and in my opinion those teams stars shouldn't be nearly as good as the teams with very little spare cash otherwise you risk those teams dominating the Leeg as they can afford stars far more often then the other (possibly weaker) teams.
Although it must also be said that as it stands with star players its completely unbalanced, for example a coach who shall remain nameless, having already got a 90 point TR advantage (it was a cup game) decided to also hire 'Ripper' Bolgrot thus removing what little chance he had of losing the game and IMO removing all the fun and tension.

Teams that I consider to have surplus cash regularly are Nurglings, Snotlings and in my experience Gnomes (and probably some others that I dont or haven't played). You'll notice that with the possible exception of gnomes these are probably two of the best stunty teams without star players.

Just a thought.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post 16 Posted: May 25, 2004 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Based on fluff alone, here's a list of my favourite Stunty Stars so far:

Chaos Halflings
Logan
Comments: The whole reason the Chaos Halflings were add was because someone thought it would be cool to have a bunch of Razor Sharp Clawed stunties. So, I feel it's only fitting that the early days of stunty are honoured by creating a RSC chaos fling star, and I think Logan (or some derivative reference to Wolverine) would be suitably stunty.

Fairies
Satyr & Wisp
Comments: Both play up the fae aspect of the team. I think the satyr could be an interesting addition with his horn and pipes.
Maybe name him after a famous satirist Twisted Evil The Wisp also has potential but might be tricky cludging the most appropriate skills.

Gnome
Cusimano, the Gentle Giant
Comments: Of all the stunty stars, Cusimano is the one I'd champion the hardest for. The gnomes were Cusi's creation, and I only think it would be suitable to memoralize him with this star.
Weevol Knievel
Comments: I hope a few people got the reference here. Inspired by the legendary daredevil, he certainly belongs on a team that likes to play with danger.

Goblin
Comments: Already have enough stars. Potentially throw the whole Stunty Stars concept out of balance. Do we really want to use Goblin Star player access as the baseline for Stunty Stars. I'd rather not see BG stars in the Leeg. Can we live with the anomaly that is goblins or can we have another solution to their distorted stars?

Goblin Cheaters
Doom Diver Catapult
Comments: Classic goblin mayhem machine. Is it needed in the Cheaters Roster, or should it belong to the Herders, or both?
Steef Ozztin the Six Million Gold Piece Grot
Comments: Another reference that might need some explaining. I love this one. A bionic grot with a suitably outlandished combination of secret weapons. One of my favourites.
Gumlig da Venomuz Spida
Comments: I really liked this suggestion. A dastardly goblin netter. Again, could go with the Herders too.

Halfling
Hot Pot
Chef
Comments: If we can work around the fumbbl code and give the halflings some new stars, I'd like to see the fluffy Hot Pot added. Maybe even a chef with leader/guard, as the halflings work extra hard to protect their dinner. A suitably silly chef name would be needed (Bork?)

Nurglings
Smolpox the Flatulent
Comments: A star that plays up the nurgling fluff would be a good idea (FA). Another option would be a tentacled stunty.

Pygmy
Zohnik the Hedgehog Warrior
Comments: Liked this one alot. Bonus points for silly referent. A spikey and quick totem warrior.

Skink
Minixorus
Comments: My favourite name of from the first attempt at stunty stars.

Snotling
Comments: I know everyone thinks a dauntless stunty would be REALLY cool, but we've already got Orcslayers as a gnome schtick. But if anyone deserves a silly skill it would be a snotling star. I'd go with the more clever piling on. Perhaps [insert snotling name here] the Burrowing.

Squig Herders
Comments: See cheaters for ideas. A cleverly named herder or hopper might also be a good idea.

Strigoyan
Comments: Since the Strigoyans lost Fangs for play balance, maybe a Fanged star player might be fun.

I deliberately left discussion of stats and potential skills to a minimum. As what I'd really like to see is some suitably fluffy Stunty Stars.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Recommended Reading

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you have to bear in mind that the stars available to certain teams adds to their ability i.e. balancing of the teams. Therefore any introductions would adversely effect Halflings and goblins and the already broken gnomes. I know Stunty is for all intents and purposes experimental, but to add stars would effect the overall balance.

I like the idea of small stars but agin they can impact teams tremendously and should be treated with caution.

Flings and especially gnomes need to be looked at if the introduction of pygmies can now be seen as the standard for stunty teams.
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Squiggy and Snork: Squiqhopper: 5 4 3 7 pogostick, rsc, very long legs, spikes 120.000k

Mainly a hopper who can control the bloodlust of this squiq and a squig with long legs and a spiky shape Wink I'd like build that model Smile

And take up the idea of the perfect ofab herder:
6 2 3 7 dodge, stunty, thrall, iron man, no hands (cut of by squigs Very Happy )

no hands anymore, but a incredible resistance against squigbites. 60k

maybe add a niggling injury or two to some stars if they are too good.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. not so sure about the Herder, Like the plan but why not make him protected due to the amount of armour etc on him? But due to this he is not agile at all and has problems standing up?

2 2 1 10 ? No hands, Iron man, Thrall. (no stunty, low movement so needs help standing up. (kinda like a turtle upside down does) no hands due to armour, cant fit hands out and iron man due to armour. (kinda see him like a big round blob of armour with a gobbo hiding inside.

Flings Rule!
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile cool idea

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Winky Churnspoon
Halfling Chef

MV 6 ST 2 AG 3 AV 8

Skills. Dodge, Stunty, Rightstuff, Guard, Thickskull.

50,000 a game.

*I was considering giving him strongarm... He does do alot of churning in the kitchen Wink*

Winky has always been a butch little chef, and has always been very proud of the guys that go onto the bloodbowl pitch, showing the world what the moot has to offer. Winky perpares the preprematch prematch, halftime, postmatch, postpostmatch and the mighnight feastsfor the "Cuppa Soupas". His desire for the on-pitch action became all too apparent after joining in with a late foul against local rivals the "Uphill Gardeners" in the moots local championship, which spurred him to start a bloodbowl career of his own. Winky will now play for almost any halfling team for a price and is admire for his stubborness on the pitch, in the face of danger.

Squig

Jump to: