56 coaches online • Server time: 16:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
thesquig

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
2 2 1 10 ? No hands, Iron man, Thrall. (no stunty, low movement so needs help standing up. (kinda like a turtle upside down does) no hands due to armour, cant fit hands out and iron man due to armour. (kinda see him like a big round blob of armour with a gobbo hiding inside.

Good idea, but av 10 is too high, even for the fluff, i think it would funnier to see the little fella stunned all the time cus he was av5 or something. But he is still an ironman. He wouldnt be targeted too much as he is an iron man, but he will be stunned all the time. hilarious IMO

Fluff could be something like; armour doesnt help, its his blessing from the gods (nuffle) that saves him. [/quote]

Clementus

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Then why couldnt he stand up? or Why is his move so slow <shudders>. Fluff doesnt work but thanks for the idea.

Flings Rule!
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think people need to be a bit less liberal with the block skill.

Zzzorg the Alligator warrior (pygme)

M3 S2 AG2 AV8 Stunty, thick skull, right stuff, dodge, stand firm, jump up.

Zzzorg never was very gifted mentally and his fellow tribesmen always made fun of him until the day when the village was attacked by a giant scorpion. Someone told the dim witted Zzzorg to keep it busy while the others fled the scene. And that he did. The scorpion pinched him and clawed him for a whole afternoon until it tired and went away. Zzzorg became the villages hero and a visiting bloodbowl-scout picked him up for the big (Smile) leagues.

30-40 K to freeboot? Not sure he's worth it though as he is no good. Although he of course is better then any alligator warrior will ever be.

When I'm at it I must ask why alligator warrior are so expensive? They are totally crappy. Without dodge they stand up to even less then a regular pygmé.
Goallie11

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of these might be able to be converted.

http://www.blood-bowl.net/Weapons.html
Corneto25

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

"deep in the squigs spawning pit somehow a young mino maiden found herself lost.... after some ****** for nights and days, this hideous creature was born... "

*squig herder's only

the One horned Freak
5 5 2 8 frenzy, OFAB, pogostick, RSC, horns, wildanimal, mightyblow, thick skull.

....moooooooooooooooooooooooo
outofcontext

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I like a lot of the earlier ideas. A couple comments and thoughts:

Chaos Halflings:

Logan - 5 2 3 7 - Dodge, Stunty, RSC, Claw, Frenzy, Regenerate, possibly Jump Up - 80k, 100k w/Jump Up

It's more true to the comics. Wolverine's berzerker rage needs to be in there, as does regenerate.

Fairies:

I think the Wisp is perfect; a creative and useful player that won't destroy the dynamics of the game. He's reprinted for reference.

Wil-o The Wisp - 8 1 4 1 - Dodge, Stunty, No Hands, Iron Man, Jump Up - 70 K

Goblin Cheaters and Squig Herders:

I'm highly in favor of giving both races the same set of stars. Any goblin dastardly enough to bring a squig onto the pitch is a cheater in my book. Out of all the ones listed, Doom Driver looks the best.

Halflings:

I liked Winky Churnspoon, both as a name and as a player. Again, a reprint.

Winky Churnspoon - 6 2 3 8 - Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Guard, Thick Skull - 100k

Nurglings:

How's this for a tentacled stunty?

Gutmuck Sludgepit - 4 2 2 7 - Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate, Thick Skull, Tentacles, Stand Firm, Bonehead - 100k

Pygmy:

I like the ideas of Zon'ikh the Hedgehog for fluffy reasons, but I think stunty stars should stay away from dauntless. I'd like to see Zonikh as more of a hunter. My suggestion:

Zon'ikh the Hedgehog Warrior - 6 2 3 7 - right stuff, stunty, dodge, spikes, catch, pass block - 80k

Strigoyan and Squig Herders:

It's a poor idea to have a thrall in armor, as AV10 or Iron man. Not only does it severely unbalance the gameplay, but it makes no sense fluffwise. Why would a hunger critter chew on an armored man when there are so many more accessable meals on the table?
marcusbay

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfing Chef with MA 5 ST2 AG 3 AV 7 , block frenzy +meat clevor (spelling) (like dragger or something +1 to armour n damage rolls)
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Tentacles do not work on ST2.

If you are thinking maximum annoyonce without plugging any gaps in hte nurgling list I'd guesstimate something like:

Nurgling; dodge, thick skull, regenerate, prehensile tail, diving tackle, foul appearance. Cost; about 80k-ish.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2004 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

why dont they work? Vs others str 2's in stunty, it is great, fail it on 50% go, actually less but its still GOOD to a point. And fun!

Flings Rule!
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2004 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but he is so easy to knock down that you don't really need to dodge away from him.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2004 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Tentacles works nice on ST2 players in stunty. Vs another ST2 player you have a 5/12 chance of success, and they can't reroll it. With stand firm he's hard to knock down, not like many stunty players have block or tackle. I like star players that are good, and not excellent..
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2004 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Squiggly Badsoup

6 2 4 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Tentacles, No Hands, Shadowing

An offensive juggernaut in the world of stunty bloodbowl, Squiggly had been twice blessed with both speed and finesse. Offensive play came so easily to him that he soon rose to the top in the bloodbowl world and took his team with him. In the championship game vs Chaos Halflings from the Southern Wastes it was Squiggly himself diving into the endzone for the winning touchdown as time expired.

"Ahahahahahahahaha!! I am the greatest scoring threat in the universe!! When I've the ball there is nothing that can stop me," taunted Squiggly, "Where were your pathetic Chaos gods when I was weaving through your lines and dodging your best tacklers you fools!"

Squiggly was never known for his modesty. Nor was he exceptional in his common sense. It was with much more than chagrin that a boastfull Squiggly at the big post-game feast started feeling an itch in his shoulder blades that seemed to be spreading down his arms rather quickly. A similar itching then started in his hips and moved down to his toes. The rest of the celebrants rushed off for the apothecary as Squiggly twitched and itched spasmodically on the floor of the mead hall. Suddenly his skin split forth the length of his appendages and out sprung a myriad of writhing tentacles that reached out and sucked in the nearest halfing that had rushed to his aid. Screaming in terror this poor soul tried to flee but Squiggly's tentacles kept pulling him along until a dozen teammates piled onto him in order to free their friend. Poor Squiggly somehow managed to break free despite his clinging tentacles trying to entwine with every halfling they could. He fled into the night screaming his insanity.

Unable to ignore his yearnings for the pitch, squiggly now plays for the only team that will accept him as anything other than a freak or a snack. The same team he taunted mercilessly in the biggest game of his early career now offers the only place he can call home. The Chaos Halflings.

I thought about prehensile tail but thought it too much for just a 'fun' star player. I liked the idea of tentacles on a str 2 guy but thought adding shadowing would make it tons more fun. In order to keep him fair and fun I compensated the stat increases with no hands. This guy would be ok with regular halfling stats too, but then I'd think tackle and/or prehensile tail should be added. If it wasn't obvious, the reasoning for the shadowing is that even if someone pulls free enough of the tentacles to flee, others try and cling and pull squiggly along with them.
passengerpigeon

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2004 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

For the Snotlings:

The Golden Grot -- the one snotling EVER to develop actual Blood Bowl talent. 4 1 3 5 Dodge, Block, Stunty, Dauntless, Strip Ball. No Regenerate or Two Heads -- there's only one of him! Cost I'm note sure about. Advice is appreciated.

--p
Artch

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

For the strigoyans : d´ark( or whatever ) the vegeterian
7236 regenerate,undead,dodge,stunty,strip ball, hypnotic gaze(learned from his father), 70.000

ever since he was born d´ark has found sucking blood out of people discusting actually he finds all meat disctusting , after having enough of his parents bloodsucking ( vampires can have kids right? ) he desided to run away from home , there arent many places for vampire kids to go so he decided to join this new strygoian team his friends were talking about ,and now after series of games he freebots to every strygoian team that pays. ( im not a good fluff maker but you get the whole idea )
bigdog

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Make a Killer Halfling Move 6, ST 2, AG 4, AR 7, Dodge, Stunty, Dauntless, Block
 Jump to: