29 coaches online • Server time: 03:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lord_real

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea is a follow-up on the now forgotten circus elf team. That idea was of a stunty elf team. But as people pointed out. Stunty and ag 4 is a broken combo. This team idea is loosely based on it.

Picture yourself a mad circus travelling trough the entire old world. And as a side income also play some blood bowl Laughing

The teams primary player are the elven acrobat. A elf that’s star in the circus. The player is considered stunty because he is extremely nimble and agile. But the player also knows that’s he is the star of the circus and believes that playing blood bowl is below his standard. So he absolutely refuses to touch the ball. Hence the “No hands” physical trait (this reduces the usefulness of the 2+ dodges everywhere and doesn’t make this a passing game player). The Elven acrobat is more of a blitzer and cagebreaker (like a wardancer that isn’t used to score).
The ogre perform as the circus strong man and help to raise the tent and such hard work, all under strong supervision of the Halfling Ruffians. The Halfling Ruffians also see to that none of the circus stars start to have strange new ideas like “leaving the circus”. They also helps protect the circus from the various dangers in the old world and helps the circus performs some of its more “shady” side business.
The halflings are the runners, clowns and handlers of the circus. These halflings are not really trained to become blood bowl players and really don’t wish to be on the field. So they would never dare to be thrown by an Ogre. Hence they lack the “right stuff” trait (making this one of the few stunty teams that cant score in one turn).
The largest attraction of the circus is watching the Elven acrobat being shot out from a cannon. So to appease the crowd the management often bring the cannon to the games.

0-1 Ogre 120000 5 5 2 9 Big Guy, Bone Head, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team Mate G S
0-1 Circus Cannon 70000 1 3 3 10 Always Hungry, Blunderbuss, Really Stupid, Throw Team Mate S P
0-2 Elven Acrobat 50000 6 2 4 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Jump Up, No hands A
0-2 Halfling Ruffian 50000 5 2 2 6 Dodge, Stunty, Stand firm G
0-10 Halfling 30000 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty A

Rerolls: 80k (its hard to find time to train while on tour).

The ruffians should probably loose genral accsess. But I want to see what you would like to give them instead.

So what do you think?
Stovaa

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Certainly an interesting idea...
lord_real

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Any ideas or comments?
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I am afraid I am just being very picky, but you said no "right stuff" and then talk about a cannon with TTM!

Also, since when do Wardancers not score?!?!?! Sorry I prefer scoring with them than weakarse st2 catchers.

Sorry, but good luck and I like the idea.
borderline

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

R_Spiskit...note the Right Stuff on the Acrobat along with the Jump Up trait. The Cannon would be there purely to launch amazing and dazzling blitzes. I like the idea! The fluff is funny as well. Smile I can picture the sweaty and nervous halflings smiling towards the Ogre, keeping their distance...
peikko

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Off you go, playtest it with different tr's vs different races with different tr and maybe it will be added someday. Currently no new races are goin to be added on weekly or monthly basis. It will take couple months atleast untill more races will be brought forward.
lord_real

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

R_Spiskit, the acrobat has right stuff. Its the halfings that doesnt have right stuff. So no player that can score can be thrown. The throw team mate is used to make blitzes and to give assists. Forget the wardancer comment if that makes you confused. What I meant was that the team got a über-agile blitzer. This is balanced in stunty by the "no hands" trait. So that the acrobat never will be a non-stoppable scoring machine.

This team will have to rely on the slow halflings walking down to the endzone. The acrobats and ruffians will hopefulyl protect them on the way. Smile

Thanks borderline for the support. Smile

Anyone else in for some comments or ideas?
Stovaa

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the Ruffians could be AV 7?
They seem a bit.... un-ruffian like right now.
lord_real

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with giving them an av of 8 is that they become to good. Av7 is high in stunty.
I wanted them to be a fighter sort, without block, tackle or frensy. So I gave them stand firm. Does that work? Is it to good?

Is anyone hosting a site where I could put up a testrooster?
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

a testrooster! i want one! is it better than regular roosters?
Flaymin

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Har har..
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally a concept for a new stunty team that I can fully support. The Circus world must be doing horrible business if they can't make a living under the big top alone. The potential is there for some nice Fluff, but I think you could make it more Unique with a Novel playing style. As Peikko has said, stuty is all about FUN. So without further ado, here's my take:

Circus Team
0-1 Strongman M3 ST6 AG 2 AV 8 Bonehead, Thick Skull, TTM G, S
0-1 Freak M4 ST4 AG1 AV8 Really Stupid, Foul Appearance G, S, Ph
0-4 Jugglers M5 ST2 AG3 AV6 Dodge, Stunty, Dump Off A, P
0-16 Acrobats M6 ST2 AG3 AV6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, TTM

Fluff: If you've got a schtick, play it to the max. I tried to include the classic circus acts on the roster. Unfortunately the cannon is a large part of the gnome's schtick, so I didn't include it.
Unique: The main mayhem feature are the acrobats who can throw each other. I was going to use this schtick on the Horrors (mystical tzeentchian teleportation), but it feels much better on this roster. They've also got the jugglers who can play a passing game (I was torn between giving them Catch or Dump Off, I don't know which represents their juggling ability best).
Novel: I hope they'll offer up a new dazzling scoring style of play.

Balance: The Big Guys are weak with no mighty blow and lowish AV. Their baseline players are equal to gobbos. Instead of secret weapons they have dump off and TTM. I hope the weaker BGs balance out the stronger "secret weapons". The team shouldn't be clearing the pitch, but should add some offensive flair to the Stunty Leeg.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Circus

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure Hands would also feel very proper on the Jugglers thematically, although it may be a bit too good. And I don't think the Strongman looks weak -- ST 6 is powerful, and he'll learn MB soon enough.

These guys should be able to put together the best passing game in Stunty.

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
veron

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:

0-1 Freak M4 ST4 AG1 AV8 Really Stupid, Foul Appearance G, S, Ph

How about instead of the freak:

0-1 Bearded lady M5 ST3 AG2 AV7 Foul Appearance G, Ph
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Evo's roster, very nice, just a small niggle:

EvolvToAnarchism wrote:
Their baseline players are equal to gobbos.

Aren't gobbos AV 7?
 Jump to: