18 coaches online • Server time: 01:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah but gobbos arent TTM

By the way i like this roster (when can you have it ready for play testing Evo?)

Michael
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I gotta say I'm liking this theme, I particularly like the idea of a Halfling Ruffian and now you have Evos (The Doyen of Stunty) backing it's a sure fire winner.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta say i love it too, especially the freak that gets physical traits very cool addition. I'm concerned about the actual usefullness of dump off though, without access to nerves of steel the player using it will be in at least one and probably two tackle zones. Since he is stunty that means he will at best need a 5+ to get off the pass and probably need a six. I like the idea but it seems a little weak, most of the time you would be better off just getting blocked and hoping not to go down. Maybe if they started with pass or perhaps even weren't counted as stunty and had there cost increased a bit it would be a more balanced player, just my two cents.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback. I mulled it over some and think I'd change the team to the following.

Circus Team
0-1 Strongman M3 ST5 AG 2 AV 8 Bonehead, Thick Skull, TTM G, S
0-1 Freak M4 ST3 AG1 AV8 Really Stupid, Foul Appearance G, S, Ph
0-2 Jugglers M5 ST2 AG3 AV6 Dump Off A, P
0-16 Acrobats M6 ST2 AG3 AV6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, TTM

Changes:
Strongman dropped to ST5
Freak dropped to ST3
0-2 Jugllers dropped dodge and stunty

These changes make the team significantly weaker on the bashing side, but gives it a good passing game and useful dump off jugglers (although only 2 of them). I'd like to see 4 jugglers, but without stunty it might make the team too potent.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Immense Stunty Tournament

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure about the Strongman now... He seems a bit underpowered...

Something bugs me about the jugglers... They don't seem good enough on paper...
Dooby

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

0-1 Ogre 120000 5 5 2 9 Big Guy, Bone Head, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team Mate G S
0-1 Circus Cannon 70000 2 3 3 10 Always Hungry, Blunderbuss, Really Stupid, Throw Team Mate S P
0-2 Acrobat 50000 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Jump Up, No hands A
0-2 Halfling Ruffian 60000 5 2 2 6 Dodge, Stunty, Stand firm G or
0-2 Freak 60000 5 2 3 6 Dodge Dodge, Stunty A, Ph
(2 from Freak and ruffian can go bashy with ruffian or ball with freaks (if got two heads, big hand etc))
0-10 Halfling 30000 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty A

How about that? Goes backwards to your origional idead though
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

After losing access to my old website, I've quickly cobbled together a new site to host the Experimental Rosters that I'd been promising for quite some time. It's a bare bones site for now. Here's the link to my version of the Circus Team.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Neo Files

edit: to include the proper link.

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %21, %2004 - %19:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Paradiso

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the latest version of the Circus. It seems like really fun, although a bit frail in comparison to some of the other teams running around. Still, having non-stunty throwers would be wonderful.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2004 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I may have missed something but the test roster Evo posted appears to have no av values on it. Makes it kinda hard to playtest the team. Which is a shame as it looks pretty darn good.

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2004 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The bearded lady should have the same stats as a longbeard!
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2004 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I fixed the roster. Good luck playtesting it.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Project Rockstar

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I will begin to playtest this team, as it is very similar to my Merfolk team that didn't catch fire fluff-wise. Strongman looks very potent, as he is not a BG and can therefore use team re-rolls for ST 6 blocks.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Acrobats are insane at escaping from hand-to hand combat: If an acrobat is in an adjacent square to an enemy player, another acrobat can run close from behind and throw him away from combat 3+. Range: 3 squares, counts as long pass. 1-2=fumble, 3-4=inaccurate, 5-6=accurate. After this the stunty guy is freeto run around and use his dodge skill on something else. If throw fails, there's no tunrover.

There is also a bug in the Java BBowl that allows the acrobats to throw each other 8-10 squares forwards. Their Long Bomb range is 4-7 squares because stunty= add range by one, throw team mate= add range by one. The chance of making this über bomb throw is small, though: 1-4=fumble, 5=inaccurate, 6=accurate. With a re-roll the chances are: 4/6=fumble, 1/ 6 inaccurate and 1/6 accurate.

HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So, this appears to be the original thread for the Circus stunty team. If not, then it is surely adequate for my purposes. I have seen great support of this team repeatedly for several years. Every time a spot opens in the Stunty Leeg for new teams, this one gets mention.

So here is the most recent roster from Evo's blog:
Quote:
Circus Team Big Mayhem under the Big Top
Quantity Name M ST AG AV Skills & Traits Skill Access Cost
0-12 Acrobat 6 2 3 6 Right Stuff, Dodge, Throw Team Mate A 40K
0-2 Juggler 5 2 3 7 Dump Off A, P 40 K
0-1 Freak 5 3 2 8 Really Stupid, Foul Appearance S, Ph 60K
0-1 Strongman 4 5 1 8 Throw Team Mate, Thick Skull S 100K
Apothecary: Yes
Wizard: No
Re-rolls: 50K

Fluff: Circus troupes have become desperate due to the popularity of Blood Bowl. So desperate, in fact, that many have joined the Stunty Leeg in order to "survive".
Unique: The only way I can see human playing in the Leeg. Small but not quite "stunty". Their aerobatic skills makes this team distinct, while not duplicating another team's schtick (that's why there is no human cannonball in this circus).
Novel Playing Style: A team with a "true" passing game. And with only 1 "Big Guy" this team should focus more on scoring than slaughter... a welcome addition to the Leeg???

What do you all REALLY think?!?

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I just dont see them as stunty.

Edit: sorry if thats a bit negative, its just the way i see them. Maybe rebranded as a horror team or something.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on %b %06, %2007 - %03:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: