45 coaches online • Server time: 11:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Crook666

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2015 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My nurgle team Decrepit Doombringers is suffering from this disease. After every game, no matter the result, spiraling expenses take most of the money won, so as you can see now they have zero in the bank.

This is slowly killing them, and if a good player will be killed or forced to retire I won't be able to replace him for several games.

Is there a way to deal with this? It is annoying to have only few money after each game, surely a team with this problem cannot hope to do good, because money you need to go ahead.

Do you experienced the same situation, and how did you cope with it?
Suppurax

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2015 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Play lower TV, that's where the fun is. Smile
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2015 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

You can minimise the effect by winning, and always reroll winnings if you roll 3 or less. Or save more money while you're at lower TV. But basically, no, there's no way around it. It's doing exactly what it's supposed to, and limiting your growth.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2015 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

XFL Nurgle is coming up and it looks like it might be open for [B]ox teams as well. I'm sure those guys can fix your problem Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2015 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought regen teams didn't have this problem?
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2015 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
My nurgle team Decrepit Doombringers is suffering from this disease. After every game, no matter the result, spiraling expenses take most of the money won, so as you can see now they have zero in the bank.

This is slowly killing them, and if a good player will be killed or forced to retire I won't be able to replace him for several games.

Is there a way to deal with this? It is annoying to have only few money after each game, surely a team with this problem cannot hope to do good, because money you need to go ahead.

Do you experienced the same situation, and how did you cope with it?

This was an international part of crp design, to prevent a run away team dominating a division. There are 3 ways to get round it. 1 don't lose players, 2 fire a couple of your best players and rebuild, or best of all keep your tv around 2100 don't go higher or lower. You shouldn't really need to go higher at any point.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2015 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Its tough when your team reaches such a high TV. One of my dwarf teams:
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=649649
faces a similar problem, they are at about 2250 when no-one is MNG. As previously mentioned the trick is to win, reroll winnings when you roll 3 or less.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2015 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

In my experience the tirck is to fire every player that gets a permanent injury that makes him perform less. -Ag on a Longbeard is fine for instance.

Looking at those dwarves though, I would instantly fire all those niggles. It would be painful to do now, but would hardly have hurt if you had always fired them on the spot before the game they would be MNG for anyway.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2015 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I'm happy with my team as it is, the niggle on that team dont make a huge difference, compared to something like elves. I got enough cash to replace anything I feel needs replacing, but not something I plan to do with the niggles.

Keep the thread for the guy who started it please guys....

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2015 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a team history graph, showing development over time. Yours is

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?op=development&team_id=774348

You've passed your first peak, and from here it's downhill for a while. More squishy and agile teams peak and trough roughly every 50 games, but Nurgle might take a lot more to cycle unless you help to speed it along. The drops are usually much faster than the climbs, once they get going.

The quicker and further you drop now, the faster you'll start piling up funds again, look out for any players that aren't carrying their weight and watch your numbers, RRs, and other junk to trim down. The more money you pile up before getting a high TV again, the longer you'll be able to work on climbing to new heights, before you run out and have to drop once more.

All older teams get up there repeatedly, run low on money, lose a few stars, and end up down at low enough TV to start gathering enough funds to reach a new peak. Typically you'll slowly bounce between 1500 and 2200 (give or take, flings peak a lot lower, various agile teams can get much higher for short runs and then crash badly), and it's an idea when your TV seems to be levelling off up high each time to save the team for the major tourneys or a run at your league finals or whatever.

As Garion said, this is the rules working as intended, taking your team out of contention for for a while and letting some other squads have a shot. Building legends is about having a player or two survive a few cycles.
 Jump to: