16 coaches online • Server time: 07:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DeathJester74

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

After I went 50-0 playing BB2 I knew it was time to stop. Too many lives ruined.
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: May 04, 2016 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish the Ulfwerner were a little bit larger in the game, they can blend in if you don't have skills turned on.

The new star players that were added... let's just say there weren't entirely done with models and Lewdgrip Whiparm may or may not be just a creepy head pasted onto a Chaos Warrior body.
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

So I doubt too much word has trickled around these parts because this audience isn’t very interested in what happens with Cyanide’s incomplete version of Blood Bowl. However, I do think that members of FUMBBL would be interested in people playing Blood Bowl for a chance to win $4,500. I expect that you guys are totally out of the loop, so I’ve gone ahead and copied the large write up I posted on other forums to catch people up on the coaches teams that will be competing in the semifinal, provide information on
when and where to watch the games, and introduce you to who will be providing commentary and analysis.

Coaches who only know of CRP rules for petty cash should also be made aware of Cyanide’s change to the rules in Blood Bowl 2 as it will be relevant for how I preview teams. There is not a petty cash phase, and instead coaches may directly add money from their bank (10k gold past 150k is treated as 10 team value) to inducements. In effect, a coach that is 20k in team value down may add 130k gold from their treasury to buy a wizard.

Blood Bowl 2 World Cup Semifinals Preview

The quarterfinals are over and with them all of the single elimination series in this world cup. Moving forward coaches will be playing in best of 3 sets. The first teams to two wins will move forward to the finals, and the other two coaches will move to a third place games. Coaches are not expected to play all three games if necessary, so expect there to be a reschedule for the rubber game if one is needed.

The format is extremely unique and due to certain mechanics in Blood Bowl 2 will force coaches to answer very hard questions about how they want to spend their resources going forward. Injuries and gold will carry over between matches. If a coach ever finds the game to be out of hand expect them to start playing purely to injure their opponent for the remainder of the match. A blodge step gutter runner can’t 1 turn next game if it’s dead.

Coaches may also find it hard to justify replacing their players when they could be saving up to buy a wizard with Cyanide’s bank rule in place. If a coach is only down 50k, they can still drop 100k from their treasury to pay for a wizard and give them an edge. Guinness has shown the advantages of this in two straight matches. I’d expect wizards to come out after the first game. The team with the lead will want to press the advantage, and the team down will want to force a third game.

The results of the quarterfinals were a shock based on the results of the tournament so far. Dorfs were only able to pull out a win in a mirror-matchup, losing in the other games to Skaven, Lizards, and Orcs. The resulting semifinal will give us 4 distinct races, all with a proclivity for bash and running games outside of skaven.

Match 1

Scheduled to be played at 17.00 GMT/11.00 EDT, Monday the 20th of June 2016. The cabalvision broadcast will be brought to you at twitch.tv/focushomeinteractive

Eshin Red Raiders(Skaven) coached by Mallak. TV 1030(1080 w/ Jman lineman), 3 rerolls, 1 apo, 0 Asst. Coaches, 0 Cheerleaders, 60k in the bank, 4 Fan Factor

Pending Level-ups: None

This team is busted right now. It is down to 2 gutter runners, missing a stormvermin, only 60k in the bank, and only 10 active players. Now it faces down another Dorf team, after barely escaping the quarterfinals against Bucky’s Dorfs. Mallak may choose to forgo purchasing more players and buy a wizard in game one, but that would put him dangerously low on cash to replace players moving forward.

There are few matchups remaining that a Skaven team at this level a development really wants, but Dorfs were certainly the last on their list. It’s going to be impossible without any claw, and a Rat Ogre that has been terrible so far to keep player count even remotely close. Mallak has shown an ability to generate a 1 turn score, and he’ll probably need to do that again a couple of times to have a chance in this series. They’ll have no chance if the games go to overtime, and will want to end the series early.

The Alcohogs (Dwarf) coached by Knockoff. TV 1180, 3 rerolls, 1 apo, 0 Asst. Coaches, 0 Cheerleaders, 120k in the bank, 4 Fan Factor

Pending Level-ups: None

The dorfs still only have two guard, and don’t have any mighty blow, but many players are within MVP range and rats should spit out a good amount of casualty SPP. The dorfs will likely only get stronger as these games and series go on. They’ll most likely be aggressive with apothecaries if players on the pitch ever threatens to drop out of their favor as the team isn’t carrying any spare players.

Knockdown pulled the upset of the tournament when he beat Mossman’s Cas Machine in the quarterfinals, a mirror matchup where the Alcohogs were down 5 guard to 2. If things go well for the Alcohogs, this matchup could be a massive gift for their world cup hopes. Getting to play Skaven, while farming cas SPP, while the Orcs and Lizards futily slug it out would leave them sitting in the catbird seat if they made it to the finals.

Match 2

Scheduled to be played at 20.00 GMT/14.00 EDT, Monday the 20th of June 2016. The cabalvision broadcast will be brought to you at twitch.tv/jimmyfantastic

Masters of Tilea (Orcs) coached by Spartako. TV 1150 (missing a black Orc) , 3 rerolls, 1 apo, 0 Asst. Coaches, 0 cheerleaders, 130k in the bank, 4 Fan Factor

Pending Level-ups: Blitzer, Thrower

The thrower levelup is obviously going to be block, but that’s the only sure thing here. The -movement Black Orc is going to be a liability against lizardmen or skaven when he returns from injury, but will probably be fine against Dofs. Spartako could wait to save his cash and purchase a wizard after game 2, or he could quickly buy and replace him to make sure his team is at full-strength. The Blitzer levelup is also an interesting question. Against Lizards and Skaven, tackle will be a very useful pickup, but will be totally useless against Dorfs if they made it to the finals. Guard will be helpful against Lizardmen and Dorfs, but not needed against a depleted Skaven team. Mighty Blow isn’t as useful as either, but will be helpful regardless of the matchup.

Orcs struggle against lizards because they aren’t quite fast enough to keep up, and don’t have the strength advantage they usually rely on. However, Spartako is the #2 NAF coach in the world, so I doubt he’ll have too much of a problem playing down strength, especially with upwards of 3 guard pieces.

Razzle Dazzle Rootbeer (Lizardmen) coached by Guinness. TV , 2 rerolls, No apo, 0 Asst. Coaches, 0 cheerleaders, 4 Fan Factor

Pending Level-ups: Skink

Guinness has paid the price for purchasing a wizard in his past two games. His team still doesn't’ have an apothecary or the third reroll, and he can no longer afford to purchase both with a Saurus dying in his previous match. He’ll probably have to continue playing with only two rerolls, and forgo buying a wizard the first match in exchange for finally getting an apothecary and fielding a 6th saurus.

In terms of matchups, Lizards handle Orcs well enough, especially when those Orcs don’t have an abundance of guard, mighty blow and tackle. However, Guinness’s team is under developed, and Spartako has been the best coach in the world cup so far. The Lizards will most likely only get stronger as the series goes on, hopefully gaining a bit more block on their saurus, but both coaches will most likely look to purchase wizards to either press their advantage or comeback from a 1-0 deficit.

Each match will be commentated with two of the following

• Crendor - youtuber and twitch streamer. Won the polaris Blood Bowl CE league, and organized the Polaris Speedbowl league, and Blood Bowl 2 league
  • cKnoor - Blood Bowl streamer and youtuber. Organizer for the Mister Hadwick Invitational Blood Bowl 2 league.
  • Lewpac - Blood Bowl streamer. Organzier of Blood Bowl 2 LewLeague. Plays in UKBBL league, and competed in the world cup.
  • VGPurist - Strategy game and Blood Bowl streamer and youtuber. Has broadcast world cup and world cup qualifier games.
  • JimmyFantastic / FUMBBL profile FUMBBL coach and twitch streamer. Plays on the OFL and Black Box. Has over 1500 games played on FUMBBL. Is always correct.
  • TheSage / FUMBBL profile - FUMBBL coach and twitch streamer. Plays in Twitch Blood Bowl League, and Hubba. Won the season 9 Warpstone Open with wood elves.

Last edited by SquirrelDude on %b %17, %2016 - %13:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

nice to see jimmy and thesage there
straume

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice write up!
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

go fumbbl!
Danish_Dan

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the post Squirrel, makes it sound pretty interesting, I'll be sure to follow it. And it's a nice pot of money for the winner too, wow.
Beanchilla

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

The_Sage's stream is definitely a lot of fun. I think it's awesome seeing the extent that guy has gone with the twitch chat, sound effects and keeping them all updated on YouTube as well.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
TheSpydyr

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm big in Cyanide's version as well and have streamed matches through the WC. I'd love to be on and commenting those matches, but will be at work sadly. I will try to watch the streams tho and comment in the text chat.

A DM only rolls the dice because of the noise they make -- Gary Gygax
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2016 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Beanchilla wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

The_Sage's stream is definitely a lot of fun. I think it's awesome seeing the extent that guy has gone with the twitch chat, sound effects and keeping them all updated on YouTube as well.

Thanks dude! Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2016 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

"Has over 1500 games played on FUMBBL."

since when has this been a positive CV line?

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2016 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

>.>

<.<

When you need something to put in there.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2016 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:
pythrr wrote:

>.>

<.<

When you need something to put in there.

Isn't "Fookin' Legend" enough of a CV?
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It goes live in minutes folks. https://www.twitch.tv/focushomeinteractive
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I watched the last play on the replay of the Dwarf -Skaven semi 2nd leg. Rather amusing, though would be rather annoying for the loser with that money on offer. Though then the loss for the crucial 3rd leg was even nufflier. Penalties after 3 legs!

Last edited by garyt1 on %b %21, %2016 - %07:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: