28 coaches online • Server time: 14:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
knightsweats

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2015 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The Order of the Snow King 1-1 Naglfari Vikings

The Vikings came into the game looking for a win to go top of the Kraken Sea conference. The Order were hoping to build on their one game winning streak and get to mid-table. Still below 1000TV The Order reached deep into their bag of tricks for assistance.

The opening kick went out the back of the end zone and so was handed to the bull centaur for safe-keeping. The Vikings set up a tricky defence, using their golums to stand firm while the wolf used some sneaky chain-pushes to get a one die on the ball which set it loose. There then began an ugly scrum to recover the ball. Thorleif who had been awarded a slightly premature MVP in two of the team's three games belated proved why as his Sure hands prevented a mass stabbing and he scampered home for the lead. When the perfect D was far from perfect and simply resulted in lots of stunned dwarves it fell to Thorleif to go in for the goal-saving tackle and the half finished 1-0.

Second half began well with quad 1s ending both teams first turn. The Vikings made a big rush for the end zone allowing The Order to have four dice on the ball-carrier, but they all failed and the Viking dodged in for the equaliser. 1-1. The Order got the ball back with three turns left to try to score and in doing so very nearly gave up the winner. Fortunately Nuffle declared otherwise and the game was drawn.
Kharon

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2015 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

"All right, lads! Fall in! Time to start.

Now. I've seen the Chief after yesterday's match, which explains my black eye and bruised ribs. Yeah, he's not happy at all. AND I'M NOT HAPPY EITHER!

You've got to be more careful with the ball! It's got long horns on it, for gods' sake! A bit more finesse would be in order so you don't stab yourselves or your team mates with it.

And stay off the sidelines! You've got no business in there, and if you do, then it's supposed to be zoom in and zoom OUT. Not zoom in and get pushed out!

Rossion's pyre has burned out and hopefully he has found his forefathers in the afterlife. End of discussion. Gronir will be working as our waterboy until he can eat solids again. End of that discussion, too. As you can see, I hired one of the lads who were filling the gaps last match. Welcome to the team, Rosdir. Sorry about your brother, but at least you got to play in his last game, eh? And that discussion's closed like I said.

Now, onto our next match. We still have a shot at winning this division. We have to win the goblins, a tie won't suffice. And we have to pray that the Akkar beat the rats. Yeah. I know it's hard to pray for those dark cousins of yours, but if we don't win the division, it's back to the logging camps with the most of you. So try to find some faith in your wayward brothers, eh?

Now, the Chief will be here soon to give a little speech about the importance of killing trolls. You just nod along and say 'yes, Jarl' when appropriate. After he leaves, we'll start our regular running drills. Which won't end until someone throws up of exhaustion. We have to win the next one. And the game after that. And the finals.

No more mistakes. No more mercy. Do or die. Do even if you die. I's all-or-nothing-time now, lads. All or nothing."

Kharon

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Vinnskor Storm vs. Trollheim Trixters tonight at 1930 bbtime!

Championship of the division is up for grabs for the goblins, come see it live!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

.... is this still going on? we finished weeks ago

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Wife,

If you're reading this, I didn't win the Goblins of Trollheim Trixters and didn't get the team to play-offs. I'm so sorry.

The man presenting this letter to you is called Leif the Mad. It's really important that you do as he says. You and the kids will be taken here, to Norsca, to live with me. Don't look back, because Leif and his men are going to burn our town to ground and then spell (probably wrong) my name in the ashes with salt. So that everyone knows who's fault it was.

But worry not, my love. Life here isn't exactly all terrible. And maybe if I can do better in the next season, Jarl Rego will let us return home. Hope that the seas are calm on you voyage, see you soon!

And for the record: I will enroll the Storm to the Season 2 (when ever it begins). This was fun. Thanks to all my opponents and grats to radge for taking goblins onto the next round!
radge

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheif Torkel here. I've been asked to say a couple of words.

Well, this was a proper grudge match. Half a century ago Mountain Trolls killed 'Jarl' Rego's grandfather, Jarl Ogurr, destroyed his home town and in effect also the jarldom of Vinnskor.

We're in a similar line of work, me and Cheif Rego, but we havenae been on speaking terms since I started in the troll business. He, on the other hand, has begun trading with elves... elves! If it's one thing I have in common with the filthy Night Goblins I have to put up with, it's that we can't stand the buggers. It's something about the smell... the wee critters cannae stand it.

The effin elves started straight away... jumping, dodging, throwing, scoring goals... but we had a clear plan: just wait for them to fall, and then put the boot it. The bloody ref was on his toes (probably elven blood in the bastard), but we kept getting more elves out than he could eject goblins. Coach Kharon is well respected, but even he struggles when he's only got a handful of players to his disposal.

We finally managed to pull off a draw and with it secured the Sea of Chaos division of the Norscan Survivalist League. I'm VERY disappointed that the Dark Elves, Skaven, Viking Vampires, Norse and Wood Elves could not kill one single goblin between them. Coach radge has been ordering the trolls to use the wee buggers as missiles during the game, but the stinky bastards just won't die.
arry

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Skaven can still win Sea of Chaos, you know, if I manage to go 2-0 against darkies, because the primary tiebreaker is the TD difference.

That said, I'm afraid our league goes the sad way of Hubba 2: off for a good start, then petering out as the enthusiasm drops off.

Do we stick to original deadlines, which put end of Round 4 at November 23? That's such a long time away!
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if my opponent Eddie will show up. He hasn't been online for 8 days.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

arry wrote:
Skaven can still win Sea of Chaos, you know, if I manage to go 2-0 against darkies, because the primary tiebreaker is the TD difference.

On the group page (League rules) it says:
Quote:
Tie Breaker
If two or more teams end on the same points total at the end of a season, the tie is settled accordingly.
1. Head to Head results
2. TD diff average
3. TD for average
4. Cas diff average
5. Cas for average
6. Coin Toss

As goblins won against you, doesn't that mean they take the division?
arry

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Kharon wrote:
As goblins won against you, doesn't that mean they take the division?

You must be right; I either didn't see or didn't understand that phrase. There goes my chance at glory. Very Happy
radge

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2015 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

arry wrote:
You must be right; I either didn't see or didn't understand that phrase. There goes my chance at glory. Very Happy

I was as surprised as you! Kharon was kind enough to point it out to me and congratulate me after our game.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally played my fourth game. My kill streak ended, but hopefully started a new streak by winning.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2015 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

We can but hope.

I just finished my fifth game, which I won by virtue of being a massive lucker.
And now I'm curious: Is there or is there not a sixth round?
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2015 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

This season is over for the Ginnungagap Invaders. We didn't kick nearly as much ass this season as we would've liked, however we expect to gather more scalps next season. Bring'em on.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2015 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

We just finished the last game of the Frozen Sea Division.
Just wanted to say thank you to all the nice coaches I played and that I really enjoyed the league.
And that even though the team is a little bloated due to some nice new Rotters that I can't fire, I can't wait for the Play-Offs to start!
Go Critters!
 Jump to: