21 coaches online • Server time: 04:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sogeking

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, new coach here, Quentin aka Sogeking. I'm a french student, 24 and enjoy blood bowl since 10+ years. I used to play with my brothers the tabletop game, but now that we're all grown up, we don't play anymore. I played a bit with the blood bowl video game and dungeon bowl, but those weren't really doing it for me.

I don't really know how I got back to blood bowl, but thanks to some lurking around on reddit and youtube in the last few days, I've come here to play again after a long break. So if you guys have any tips on which race to start back with, that'd be great! I used to play with humans, skavens and vampires. Also are there blitz games here? I "play" some go online and there are different time settings, is it also the case here?

P.S: It seems I have an old account here, from 2009, with no games played, so can mods delete/unactivate it? The username is cacaroule

Have fun y'all
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs are sort of the go to team if you want to have a strong team that can lead someone not too experienced to victory, is not punishing mistakes too much and yet at the same time forces good behaviors on a coach since being good at the game in general and being good with Orcs is pretty similar overall.

Yet, it would be a bit boring to recommend Orcs to everyone, so here is my recommendation: Slann, they are not so great but still great fun.
Here is one of my Slann teams. Check it out! Smile
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans are a good team for newbies, and so are Skaven. If you want to expand beyond that, other good strong solid teams for rookies are Orcs, Undead, and Dwarfs. You could do worse than to consider Amazons or Dark Elves if so inclined.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I'm not new as my join date probably shows, but I'm getting back into BB in both tabletop and digital forms lately so I figured I'd jump back in here. Just retired all my old teams to start fresh, will read up on leagues and such soon.
Miceycraft

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back Dominion!

Starting fresh sounds like a great idea.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominion wrote:
Hi, I'm not new as my join date probably shows, but I'm getting back into BB in both tabletop and digital forms lately so I figured I'd jump back in here. Just retired all my old teams to start fresh, will read up on leagues and such soon.

Hey dude, welcome back to FUMBBL Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Srota

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I am Srota, somewhat new coach here. I have been playing BB for the last few months primarily via BB2 for my PS4 and PC, so I have a good number of games of just fooling around under my belt, in addition, I am also participating in a local league at my FLGS with a rather sub-optimal orc team that came fresh out of the new box.

I look forward to playing games and getting to know you all, and hopefully even winning someday as I grow and develop as a coach.
Harad

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hurrah! Welcome and have fun.

You may do great out of the blocks but if you find things a challenge, keep in mind the 145 club which can be a great place for newer coaches to hone their skills.

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=2922&op=view
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I AM GROOT

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Srota wrote:
Hi, I am Srota, somewhat new coach here. I have been playing BB for the last few months primarily via BB2 for my PS4 and PC, so I have a good number of games of just fooling around under my belt, in addition, I am also participating in a local league at my FLGS with a rather sub-optimal orc team that came fresh out of the new box.

I look forward to playing games and getting to know you all, and hopefully even winning someday as I grow and develop as a coach.

Hi Srota, welcome to FUMBBL dude Very Happy

Plenty of places to get some practice in here, and a lot of people willing to answer questions should you have them. The link to the welcome to fumbbl guide in the opening post will take you to a fairly concise guide for some of the most common things that arise when people first join. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions it doesn't cover.

Throweck

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, 145 is a great place to play. See banner below Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all, I am back after a long absence. Used to play this game a lot and I want to start again. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a good league? The site seems bewildering to me after so long away.

Many thanks,

Alan.
lemf

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Valis,
Welcome and enjoy. Click on the banner above your post and that will take you to a great league.
VALIS

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers lemf!
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

145 is a great league to get you back into the swing of things before finding a competitive one. Loads of great leagues around though once you're feeling more settled in. WIL, OBBA, DLE, College Fumbbl are all great - plenty of others around too. Welcome back Very Happy

Jump to: