53 coaches online • Server time: 11:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Meech

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw another BB2 thread, but I did not see any mention of this. At the end of the credits, when done with the pathetic campaign, they are doing thanks. There is a quick (a second or so) Thanks to Fumbbl. I thought that was pretty cool, but I may have been mistaken because it was so quick (Like Foulscumm in the sack!)

Anyway, quick review is this. Bloodbowl 2 is pretty, but the campaign is dull as crap. Someone else bought me a copy to play with them, otherwise I would have waited for Summer 2016 Steam sale. So to rip off an old comic book fan letter saying - When I want blood on the pitch, make mine Fumbbl!

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I will say that they aren't snuffing out all mentions of FUMBBL on their website at the moment, but I don't know how strictly the policy had been enforced in the past.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

You can mention FUMBBL, you can't promote FUMBBL. Christer has had dealings with a programmer? over there, so the relationship between he and them isn't bad. Of course we/they are competition to some extent though.

I thought Meech was permabanned?!
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't bother with single player tbh.

I have 'if you really want to learn to play, try fumbbl.com' as my team motto on there (just meant as fair advice to other coaches). Should I remove that?

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

no, you should take a more aggressive approach

'if you want to learn how not to completely suck at blood bowl like the average BB2 coach does, try fumbbl.com'
Meech

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
You can mention FUMBBL, you can't promote FUMBBL. Christer has had dealings with a programmer? over there, so the relationship between he and them isn't bad. Of course we/they are competition to some extent though.

I thought Meech was permabanned?!

The great trick Meech ever did, was let people believe he was permabanned.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

What is so much better about Fumbbl over Blood Bowl 2? I'm new to the game and curious. The campaign and solo league in BB2 helped me learn the game so now I am looking to play online pretty much anywhere but I'm warmed up to BB2 now.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Beanchilla wrote:
What is so much better about Fumbbl over Blood Bowl 2? I'm new to the game and curious. The campaign and solo league in BB2 helped me learn the game so now I am looking to play online pretty much anywhere but I'm warmed up to BB2 now.

The coaching level, the concession rates, the teams available and that's just right off the top of my head.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The average level is higher on fumbbl, also there are all rosters, stars, cards, and all rules are implemented as of LRB.

Also, concessions aren't as easy and "free" as on Cyanide.

I'd say the difference is Fumbbl is where people play Online Blood Bowl. BB2 is a videogame portraying blood bowl.

Plus, Fumbbl is free and it's a community. And a good one at that, imo.
Gurbo

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The ruleset is better, and it works closer to the tabletop game. You have more options about what to do and when with your skills.
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Gurbo wrote:
The ruleset is better, and it works closer to the tabletop game. You have more options about what to do and when with your skills.

and this folks is a true convert
again welcome gurbo Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

bigbullies wrote:
Gurbo wrote:

and this folks is a true convert
again welcome gurbo Very Happy

Hahaha, thanks!
And yeah, haven't touched CE since my first match here. There's too much of a difference in the options available.
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech is an evil genius.

You all just fell for his cherry-location device.

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Drink! Drink our Kool-Aid! Very Happy

Welcome all.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I definitely like the idea of being able to use my skills whenever I want to. That's probably the biggest draw for me. The coach level is a bit intimidating since I am completely new. Is there a good place to start here? Also, is there a way to play async games or complete them later if I have to go? How long are matchmaking times for a newbie like me?

I guess these are questions better suited for another thread but I'm not sure where to ask so please point me in the right direction if this isn't a good place.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
 Jump to: