23 coaches online • Server time: 03:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

So yeah, it is mainly gonna be people who don't like restarting or artificially cutting down who are whining. Wink

I don't like restarting nor cutting down TV but of the two options I dislike less the latter.
About drawing chance:
even 40% is too much for my taste, since I have played against a lot of clawpomb already.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
How long was it since people actually played high TV Box?

Not for a long time. But having left I've found other things to do so don't feel that inclined to go back.

I would play if I had enough time to complete a sprint but mostly I'd rather just wait for a [L]eague game.

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Also huff, variaty would increase and the wall of clawpomb would be desaturated if more people played other races (go Humans!) at higher TV. Or if they made cool Chaos teams like Balle2000. Very Happy

But Fouly, none of your last 23 games have been even mid TV let alone high. You are basically doing exactly what Matt is saying to do so of course it is fine. Wink

If you play over 1500 you have around a 40% chance of drawing chaos, Nurgle, CD or pact. That is not too far short of every other game.

So yeah, it is mainly gonna be people who don't like restarting or artificially cutting down who are whining. Wink

I could have sworn I had averaged a tv of 176.94 for at least 16 of those games. But then maybe that's just not high enough to be called high tv. Is that mid tv box? If that's the case, I've only ever reached high TV BB 3 or 4 times in 10 years of playing and it's even less of a concern for me. Wink

edit: koadah, you do know that I'm talking about my HLP humans right? and not my latest 23 games? Just making sure. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

I could have sworn I had averaged a tv of 176.94 for at least 16 of those games. But then maybe that's just not high enough to be called high tv. Is that mid tv box? If that's the case, I've only ever reached high TV BB 3 or 4 times in 10 years of playing and it's even less of a concern for me. Wink

edit: koadah, you do know that I'm talking about my HLP humans right? and not my latest 23 games? Just making sure. Smile

No, the 23 was your last 23 Box games. You must play a lot of games. Wink

Your Championship tying Sprint only had 6 games vs the CPOMB 4. 37.5% Better than one in two but not as good as one in three.

Yes 176.94. I'd call that high for the Box. Not high enough to give you the title though. Sad

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if you're just trolling? Confused

What does my last 23 games have to do with it? I'm currently putting my Humans on hold for the FC and am trying to get a few new teams off the ground.

And 37.5% vs Clawpomb doesn't sound like it's just Clawpomb in the Box.

And to be fair, the TV average as a tie breaker is really dumb. I'd be far more pleased if it was something like TD difference (even though I'd still lost of course) Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
I'm not sure if you're just trolling? Confused

What does my last 23 games have to do with it? I'm currently putting my Humans on hold for the FC and am trying to get a few new teams off the ground.

And 37.5% vs Clawpomb doesn't sound like it's just Clawpomb in the Box.

It is much more likely to seem fine to someone playing a lot of low TV.

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

And to be fair, the TV average as a tie breaker is really dumb. I'd be far more pleased if it was something like TD difference (even though I'd still lost of course) Wink

Balle wins with 8 games vs the CPOMB 4. 50%. Higher TV. More CPOMB. It's to discourage from people hugging 1600. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

So you are trolling.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
So you are trolling.

Are you?

What you mean by that?

Sprinters vs CPOMBers

Cathay Cobras 8/16
Altdorf Mercenary Guild 6/16
Hacienda Heights Drifters 10/16
Vault Tec Squad 6/16
Äkta Människor 6/16
Italo Disco Kings BBL 9/16
Average Mediocrity 6/16

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
So you are trolling.

Are you?

What you mean by that?

My experience of High TV Box is from my games in high TV Box. The fact that this even has to be said makes this tedious.

And since this is a thread about the variety in high TV Box, the number of games I play at different TV levels don't enter in to it. As if playing one TV range somehow disqualifies my experience at another TV range.

Yeah, I play a lot of low/mid TV games. What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

So I asked if you were trolling because your points have no bearing on neither the topic nor what I've said specifically.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

And you know numbers don't tell the full story either.

A small example of what I mean from the stats you posted:

5 of Fat Cobras 8 games (62.5%),
3 of my Altdorf Mercenary Guild 6 games (50%),
2 of Hacienda Heights Drifters 10 games (20%),
2 of Vault Tec Squad 6 games(33.3%),
1 of Människor 6 games (13.3%),
3 of Disco games 9 games (33.3%),
3 of Average Mediocrity games (50%) are vs one and the same coach.

37.25% of the HLP Clawpomb games are vs one coach.

No, there's not a lack of variety of teams at high TV, there's a lack of coaches at high TV.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

OK. I get it. You're happy with the 37%. I mentioned your recent games because people often say "it's fine" when they mostly play mid/lower TV.

My mistake. I admit it. It would usually take me around 2-3 months to play 23 games.

So, 4 sprint teams hit 6 out of 16. The other 3 all had 8 or more.

I wouldn't complain at 6 if I was playing as part of a Sprint or Championship. For a one off casual game a 1/3 chance of getting a CPOMBer isn't that appetising.
Runs like DonnyRainboe's 10 of 16 is likely to lose a few coaches. Sprint or no.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Rather than relentless focus on the negatives, why not focus on some positives?

Two positives from this thread:
1. Box is better now, even at higher TV, than it was half a year ago.
2. For every coach that plays beyond 170 TV, the box will change considerably, because there aren't that many coaches up here.

The problem is not only the CPOMB lovers out there, it is just as much the coaches trying to avoid them. So if you dislike high tv, come join and it will start changing. Seriously, it's that simple.
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

im on my way albeit slowly but a game a day keeps nuffle.....riding me like a damn pony Sad
ive just began dipping my toes in the black box pond but quittings not my style Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

Two positives from this thread:
1. Box is better now, even at higher TV, than it was half a year ago.
2. For every coach that plays beyond 170 TV, the box will change considerably, because there aren't that many coaches up here.

[...]

So if you dislike high tv, come join and it will start changing. Seriously, it's that simple.

Aye. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Timetis wrote:
It's not that hard reaching the high tv, it's staying there!

I hate when I'm right Very Happy
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Timetis wrote:
Timetis wrote:
It's not that hard reaching the high tv, it's staying there!

I hate when I'm right Very Happy

1780k is still high TV though Wink