38 coaches online • Server time: 15:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
Ranked/Blackbox do not get their own private leagues, those are required to be in the League division. I don't think Stunty should allow them either, for the same reasons.

Simple solution for folks that want private stunty leegs is to go back to the old system & allow them within the [L] division. I personally would love to run a pro halflings private league, but this will also likely be solved when custom [L] goes live so be patient folks.

The problem with that are the special SW rules...
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

Leagues fall into that same purview. From my time as Stunty admin, inter-play leagues were not allowed, because it allowed coaches the opportunity to groom teams for majors. This in effect meant that majors didn't have the same prestige as Ranked and Blackbox majors, because from an outsider's point of view, "how can they be legitimate when any groomed teams can play on the same field as anyone else?"

Clearly setting up an [SL] division is a no goer in terms of the work required and Shadows point about grooming teams is valid. But I do see some solutions:

1. Let people run their own leagues that they administer themselves but make it very clear that any team that shows evidence of playing in a league is not allowed to enter tournaments.

Pro: Everyone can setup their own leagues, more variety.
Con: Alot of effort for admins/helpers to check every team for evidence of league play/grooming

2. Setup one official "Stunty Leeg League" run by a league commissioner under the overview of a Stunty Admin. This Admin does not need to do the donkey work but has to approve and regularly review the league structure to ensure that the league is open, competitive and not being used for grooming.

Pro: Admins don't have to do anything different for accepting teams in tournaments
Con: You need a keen and experienced commissioner to setup and run the league, I guess probably outside the usual fumbbl architecture?

I would lean towards an official fumbbl "Leeg League" as the best solution in terms of satisfying a section of the community and the workload expected of admins. There is clearly an appetite for a league within the Stunty community and a well run league is more competitive in terms team building than, for example, the uber cherry picking that is currently legal at the moment.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Another con of 1, would be teams that aren't part of the league playing a league team if it left and then joining a major. The chances of something nefarious happening there are pretty small, however these league teams could pollute the division as a whole.

As the main divisions do not allow this sort of thing, so neither does Stunty, with a official tournament structure.

2. I'm kind of pro. But maybe not on a full time basis. Possibly as a lower form of tournament, or an invitational or something. I think FUMBBL would benefit from an official league or 2.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2015 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is an idea to improve stunty: I should start playing stunty.

Why don't I play stunty? I don't know I was listening to an old 3DB podcast about stunty and it really captured me. Anyway I am just reading the handbook. And designing my own roster. Before playing a game. Stunty in the blood I tell you.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2015 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the pros for stunty are:

Works well with CRP.
It's not static and is tweaked.
Has for gone the 10K increments and 0-2/4 positionals.
Has a lot of the more recent site works, icons etc.
Less douch canoes using the division.

Stats don't have the parody of the main game, but that was never the aim. Which is good in some ways and bad in others. But it gives us a lot more freedom.

If you have the time to game and what more variety, Stunty is perfect.
Kam

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2015 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Possibly as a lower form of tournament, or an invitational or something. I think FUMBBL would benefit from an official league or 2.

I've suggested Stunty SMACKs, but it yet has to happen. I would really like to offer my help but I'm not sure I'm reliable enough for that (due to RL stuff).

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2015 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea is not to copy the R/B format for Stunty. Otherwise it becomes a diluted version of the main divisions. So I think Stunty Smacks would probably be a no. You can see Shadow's post on the previous page for a better clarification.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2015 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Well, the pros for stunty are:

Works well with CRP.
It's not static and is tweaked.
Has for gone the 10K increments and 0-2/4 positionals.
Has a lot of the more recent site works, icons etc.
Less douch canoes using the division.

Stats don't have the parody of the main game, but that was never the aim. Which is good in some ways and bad in others. But it gives us a lot more freedom.

If you have the time to game and what more variety, Stunty is perfect.

Not wanting to hijack this thread too much, I am definitely going to start playing. Right now trying to figure out what side I like. And really enjoying writing some fluff for the side I have invented. And yeah, I am a bit short of time, but next year I predict I will have a lot more time to play fumbbl.

I am a bit of a pixelhugger at heart. I hope I stunty can cure me of that.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
azzie

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2015 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

A thought (uh-oh!): Would anyone be interested in a sort of festival where, once a quarter, we have a Stunty Weekend through a metagroup. Usual sort of points-scoring system for results, KSIs, playing up (poss penalties for playing down). Doesn't matter who you play (this is a metagroup, not a league!) Top of my head I'd go win: 40pts, draw 20pts, lose 10pts. 5 bonus points per TD and 3 per KSI inflicted, and a +1 per 100 TV you play up, -1 per 100TV you play down. Best 3 or 4 games (it's a special weekend, get some time aside, play 4 games!) count. Record your scores on an official thread and the job's a good 'un. Two days means minimal tracking for the organisers and gives us all a little bit of hyped stunty craziness to look forward to.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2015 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

My advice to improve stunty:

Keep talking about stunty!

Seems to have been working recently Wink
https://fumbbl.com/p/stats
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2015 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If only I could play at weekends!

Alot of good ideas, we should keep brainstorming, summarise after a few more days and then present all the ideas to our Stunty Overlords to see if for each idea:

A) Would it be likely to get more coaches playing Stunty regularly long term
B) Is it even possible to implement without any code changes?
C) Do we have the manpower to do it or can we recruit reliable people?
D) How much of a bribe would we need to pay?

From my side I think to get more people playing we need to cater for different needs. From what I see on this site coaches like one or more of the following: leagues, metagroups, tournaments (major and minor), general pick up games (picking and TV matching). Of those we have (or had) the major tournaments, metagroups and picked pick up games covered.

I don't think we could ever realistically get a "stunty box" but an official league or two and some minors of some kind could in theory be done with some willing manpower. Some kind of metagroup like E.L.F. but for Stunty could also be really nice and get more of the uncommon stunty teams out and playing.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Would an unofficial Leeg league with games arranged through the gamefinder be strictly against the rules? I think if all the members places to keep their "league" teams out of tournaments it wouldn't be an issue given the overall quality if stunty coaches...
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that's prohibited aswell...

Last edited by Roland on %b %02, %2015 - %14:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Angmarred wrote:
Would an unofficial Leeg league with games arranged through the gamefinder be strictly against the rules? I think if all the members places to keep their "league" teams out of tournaments it wouldn't be an issue given the overall quality if stunty coaches...

100% most definitely. Any sort of arranging of games is prohibited.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2015 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a fun idea to improve stunty.
Turn spiked ball on for every stunty game.
 Jump to: