25 coaches online • Server time: 07:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2015 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

stunty is fun

MOAR TOURNYs!

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2015 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

What about give to Stunty the blackbox scheduler system insead of the gamefinder?

In case of very wrong match-ups (like 500 TV difference or more) at least the game will still be fun, as inducements in stunty are much more effective than in CRP!

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2015 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ryld wrote:
What about give to Stunty the blackbox scheduler system insead of the gamefinder?

In case of very wrong match-ups (like 500 TV difference or more) at least the game will still be fun, as inducements in stunty are much more effective than in CRP!

Well why not run the big experiment in Stunty of having both!

Gamefinder and Box activation.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2015 - 16:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ryld wrote:

That might not be a bad idea. In my experience large TV gaps in Stunty can often favour the underdog anyway (except for maybe high TV nurgs and gnomes).

@painstate: I like the idea, but not sure Stunty has enough active teams/players to support that.

Edit: It could be fun even to have a scheduler just for the Necromiser each year? Very Happy
ElanTheBard

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2015 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Ryld wrote:

Well why not run the big experiment in Stunty of having both!

Gamefinder and Box activation.

As mister__joshua said, I don't think it would be a good idea to split the already few players in 2 separate groups.

I really think that a BB scheduler will bring a lot of new life and chaos to the Stunty Leeg! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2015 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Clearly the only thing Stunty needs for it to improve are for more coaches figuring out that it's the best thing Fumbbl has to offer.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2015 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think a Stunty Blackbox would work long term, not enough players as it is and even if enough coaches could come on it just would encourage more boring minmaxed Cheaters and BlockleMB spam Skyre teams. I already get bored of seeing seas of the same team types in GF.

I wouldn't mind a "November Necromiser Madness" month where Stunty switches to Box though, probably a nightmare to implement though!

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2015 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The Greenfield Rumblers (who are admittedly playing WAY above a reasonable TV for this race) have just come thru a match vs a BlackleMB spam Skryre team which had the ref in their pocket the entire match.

Yeah, we got pitch-cleared in the first half. And then came back to win it anyway! Booyah! (Granted, that was some lucky-a** sh*t, but still, I hate playing Skryre).

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2015 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have liked more the "utopian" idea of scheduled leagues/tournaments.
luxyluxo

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2015 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Will stunty be included in the upcoming planned league reforms ?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

luxyluxo wrote:
Will stunty be included in the upcoming planned league reforms ?

It is being discussed.