8 coaches online • Server time: 05:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2015 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

League idea Sparked by This Blog post

Basic concept is rookie league teams and when you join the league you have to state which of either the 4 main houses, one of the lesser houses or the undead horde your team will support

The league will be split into 2 seasons consisting of

Round robin phase called the battle phase (IE battle of the Vale ect ect) consisting of 6 teams each (one from each group if possible and will make up the numbers by doubling / tripling up if necessary)

with the winner of each battle going on to the Kings Landing knock out cup to determine who will be the King

on the subject of kings each team will have to designate one player to represent their king/chieftain/religious leader ect

If this player gets killed (Kings do not retire) then the coach has to select the 2 players on the team with the highest amount of SPP, One of these becomes the new king and the other has to be retired. The team also has to remove 1 RR to represent the turmoil following the kings death and the need for time to get used to their new managerial structure.

This league will aim to be as fluffy as possible and will encourage self inflicted team rules to match the fluff as much as possible, for example if this kicks off I will be playing A Necro based White walker team and the Wolfs will be representing wild Dire-wolfs and as such will never intentionally attempt to pick up the ball.

What does every body think of this idea

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2015 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Or maybe the final tournament can be the Hand's Tourney! Smile

I was thinking about a Melee format, like the one in the books.. Where there are no scheduled games, everyone can plays vs everyone, at the first defeat the team is eliminated and the last one is the Champion! With 100 or 1 games played, no matter! Smile

Obviously with a time deadline Smile
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2015 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Climber wrote:
Or maybe the final tournament can be the Hand's Tourney! Smile

I was thinking about a Melee format, like the one in the books.. Where there are no scheduled games, everyone can plays vs everyone, at the first defeat the team is eliminated and the last one is the Champion! With 100 or 1 games played, no matter! Smile

Obviously with a time deadline Smile

This could be run for all teams that get eliminated in the battle stage and would run until the Kings cup is finished and a new king is crowned

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Key points discussed in Blog post as my original concept was thrown together in a couple of mins after reading Climbers Blog post

*When the King of each team accomplishes a recordable task (I.E gets SPP the team earns points of some kind, exact details to be discussed).

*When the King dies the player with the fewest SPP on the Team becomes the new King, this makes it harder for the king to score points and the Team loses all King points accumulated so far.

*When the King dies you have to remove a team RR.

*The different factions also all have a different reaction when their appointed King is killed (To be discussed).

Any other Ideas welcome and if this gets enough support will hopefully make a good league starting once all the details have been fleshed out

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm against removing a reroll, you'r most important player died and then you have other losses, this might lead to the poor getting poorer and it's boring when a team gets to far ahead/behind in a tourney. But If you are set on it maybe you could offer an alternative. If your king dies you have to make some faction related sacrifice OR lose a reroll.

Some suggestions for faction/house/nation rules:

The Lannisters holds a number of "assistants", must have at least 5 cheerleader.

House Baratheon makes a sacrifice to the lord of light after each loss, by hiring and firing a cheerleader or assistant coach.

House Greyjoy must change all players gender to female. They may not fire injured players.

House Mormont is in disgrace. During each game, they must start each drive with their king in the end zone (friend zone joke).

House stark must start each drive with their king on the los.

House Clegane must choose a big guy as their king, you must have big guy access to play as Clegane (maybe undead works to).

House Arryn must choose the smallest, cheapest creature available to be their king. Stunty players is preferable.

House Tyrell holds a number of (male) assistants. they must have 5 assistant coaches.

House Targaryen must have at least one big guy that are not their king, symbolizing their dragon(s).

House Tully, apart from having the worst coat of arms, can and can never take dishonorable skills. Dirty player, sneaky git, fend, piling on, diving tackle, dump-off, secret weapon, stab and mutations is dishonorable skills (others may be added).

Wildlings, giants and the kids: They do not kneel, so their king does not count as a king until he has jump up. They may never take a "kneeling skill" that places you on the ground, such as piling on or wrestle.

White walkers and their friends must have at least 14 players in their roster, to symbolize the "undead horde" thing.

The Qarth does not have a king, but two council members that rule together. They add any points that they collect, but divide the total amount by four.

The free cities must have a bank of 100,000 at all times.

Slavers and their ilk are divided into slaves and masters. All linemen are slaves and may not handle the ball, if they catch the ball by accident, they must pass or handover the ball to a master during during your next turn (or this turn of he catches it during your turn).

Dothraki is savage and uncivilized and may not have more then 2 re rolls.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Ideas.

I'll stew upon your suggestions zhraia, and throw out my suggestions similar to yours.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Go ahead, some of them are better then others
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

My Suggestion for When Your King Dies:

House Baratheon: Stags are swift & hearty. The highest SPP player becomes the new king (We can change the pedigrees). The team must discard all cheerleaders and assistant coaches due to the turmoil.

House Lannister: Lions are ferocious. The highest SPP player becomes the new king (to the victor, the spoils). For each rank of the deceased king, the team must discard 1000 gold (Rookie, Experienced, etc) because Lannister's always pay their debts.

House Greyjoy: Because Krakens are so ferocious, kneeling is humiliating. So, the team must give up a player for ransom (they must retire any one player, including a rookie, OR give up a team reroll). The Coach may then chose the next King.

House Stark: Dire Wolves are nature's Alphas. When the King dies, the next in line fills in, so the player with the highest SPP becomes king. However; the weak are weeded out. Any player with more than one permanent injury is devoured (retired).

House Tyrell: Flowers are pretty, and in tune with nature. The coach may choose the next king if he can hire five cheerleaders before the appointment. The cheerleaders may never be fired as appearances are very important. If no king may be selected by the coach, a random player is selected by roll in irc chat.

House Targaryen: Dragons are the epitome of power. When your king dies you must fire your apothecary for either failing you, or healing the wrong player. After a one game wait, you may hire a new apothecary. You may choose your new king.

*Exception* If your King had a ST 5 or higher (Dragon Blood) you may ignore the one game wait.

House Martell: The Sun Spear is a piercing epic weapon. When a king dies, he often breaks his spear in defiance, and may either lose a team reroll or any player on his team. You may chose your new king.

Last edited by BillBrasky on %b %06, %2015 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

this seems rather complicated

can i just kill mens?

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Those are all great ideas guys!! Smile
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

lots of good ideas put forward but one question needs to be asked, whos in?

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2015 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2015 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested, but it's hard to promise anything until the rules are finished.
licker

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2015 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If I may ask a basic question...

Why is this in General Chat? Please move it to League where it belongs so it's easier for me to ignore it Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2015 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The simpler the rules the more likely I'll be in.

Jump to: