33 coaches online • Server time: 11:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to have Stunty Vault implemented?
No way, dont mess it up!
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Oh yes, bring it on!
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Oh, definetly maybe!
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Yes, but not that way
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Could you finally delete whole stunty leeg?
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 19

peikko

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Having thinked as hard as I can without fainting in pain I have come up for one possible way to improve stunty leeg on the way many wants.

There could be 3-5 teams "vault" within stunty leeg. These would be new races to playtest. After playtest period of lets say month they would be either fixed and kept for another month for playtesting, moved to official status or deleted to give room for other new race to be playtested. If race is shown to be too broken and race is deleted, all teams of that race would be retired too.

This still means that these stunty vault teams have to be sensible and offer something new to Stunty Experience (tm)
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a good idea (i reccomend Evo's skyres slaves and his version of the circus team both might need to be tweaked a bit but at least we would know what to change)
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Please no!!! It's not worth the pain to add teams to the Leeg only to remove them as they are found to be broken. I'd hate to see a team, that I had played a ton of games with, deleted because the team was decided to be broken. The old process worked fine. I'd like to see well thought out teams added to stunty. I don't think it's a big deal to have to wait a few months for new teams to be added (the vamplings and squig herders had a big lead in time). I'd rather see things done right, rather than allow potentially broken teams into the Leeg.

With that in mind here's my criteria for designing Stunty Leeg teams:

Fluffy: It should fit into the Blood Bowl world. Look to the Warhammer world for inspiration. With a little imagination, you can expand the WHFB universe to create some fluffy teams (see Faeries). Please don't import someone else's creations (see Gully Dwarves). Please just don't add "-ling" to an existing Blood Bowl Team (see Strigoyan, maybe someone could come up with a better name than Vamplings and we could change Thrallings to Accolytes).
Unique: Stunty is all about mayhem! Most of that mayhem comes from each of the teams schticks (Gnomes=Mad Bommaz, Snotlings= Pumpwagons, Chaos Flings= Chainsaws, Pygmies= Hunter/Trackers, etc.). Give your team a schtick and PLEASE don't duplicate another teams schtick!
Novel: There is no real point to adding a team, unless it adds a novel playing style to stunty. The teams I'm presently working on all do that (Skryre= Swarmers, Circus = TTMing stunties, Ungors = frenzied brawlers, Horrors = changing Smile ) Before proposing a new team make sure you are offering something new to stunty.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Win a Goblin Cheaters team while supporting a good cause

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

i gotta agree with evo

expecially on the -ling part, it's as bad as the khemri's position holder names
Stovaa

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

couldn't we store the teams elsewhere, so that a team you spent time playing with wasn't just lost?
Hecropolix

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
couldn't we store the teams elsewhere, so that a team you spent time playing with wasn't just lost?

Yeah why not just move them to unranked?
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking that this would be more along the lines of teams which are nearly ready to be approved (ie been discussed and altered and pretty much ready for playtesting) so we could have a trial period and if it doesnt work out we can scrap/change them till they fit into stunty
peikko

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont see the team deletion part any problem. No team is immortal, they all get killed or retired at one point. Allowing them to stay would be real problem. Whole idea was to give opportunity to playtest them on real enviroment, if this is implemented and you make team of vault race and you know what you will be getting. If you playtest some roster now, you will play 100% games which does not give you anything growing.
Currently the real amount of playtesting is so close to zero it hurts. For every team proposal theres not even one playtesting game....
peikko

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hecropolix wrote:
Quote:

Yeah why not just move them to unranked?

Cause in the end there would be 100 races in fumbbl.
There is no other option than erase teams of that race.
Andariel

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I like peikkos idea...

Evo think about it. You get the teams you want in. u and everyone else plays a couple of games with them. There will be lots and lots of discussion wether the teams are ok or should be removed... If everyone seems to prefer the second option, those people will tell you why... Then u just change what is unbalanced on the team and you keep it rolling... This is the basics of playtesting... but only less than a dozen playtest ur teams... If this change is done they will be playtested by hundreds...

I don't really see a problem with the teams getting deleted... It is everyones task to find what is wrong and submit possible changes for discussion, so they can keep their team!
Lorion

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

If someone have really thought throogh teams to ad I would not mind ghaving vault teams.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree too with Evo !

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Please no!!! It's not worth the pain to add teams to the Leeg only to remove them as they are found to be broken. I'd hate to see a team, that I had played a ton of games with, deleted because the team was decided to be broken. The old process worked fine. I'd like to see well thought out teams added to stunty. I don't think it's a big deal to have to wait a few months for new teams to be added (the vamplings and squig herders had a big lead in time). I'd rather see things done right, rather than allow potentially broken teams into the Leeg.

With that in mind here's my criteria for designing Stunty Leeg teams:

Fluffy: It should fit into the Blood Bowl world. Look to the Warhammer world for inspiration. With a little imagination, you can expand the WHFB universe to create some fluffy teams (see Faeries). Please don't import someone else's creations (see Gully Dwarves). Please just don't add "-ling" to an existing Blood Bowl Team (see Strigoyan, maybe someone could come up with a better name than Vamplings and we could change Thrallings to Accolytes).
Unique: Stunty is all about mayhem! Most of that mayhem comes from each of the teams schticks (Gnomes=Mad Bommaz, Snotlings= Pumpwagons, Chaos Flings= Chainsaws, Pygmies= Hunter/Trackers, etc.). Give your team a schtick and PLEASE don't duplicate another teams schtick!
Novel: There is no real point to adding a team, unless it adds a novel playing style to stunty. The teams I'm presently working on all do that (Skryre= Swarmers, Circus = TTMing stunties, Ungors = frenzied brawlers, Horrors = changing Smile ) Before proposing a new team make sure you are offering something new to stunty.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Win a Goblin Cheaters team while supporting a good cause
 Jump to: