36 coaches online • Server time: 11:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 21:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed an issue that caused problems when trying to create teams for a league.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a limit to the number of tyes of positions on a custom roster?

DLE College 7s
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The league pages should probably at some point have a link to the custom rulesets...
Helloo

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, looks like it will be great stuff

I've made a ruleset and set for a group, but when I create teams with my ruleset it cuts off the bottom of the page where you normally write the team name.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 22:54
FUMBBL Staff

Helloo wrote:
Thanks, looks like it will be great stuff

I've made a ruleset and set for a group, but when I create teams with my ruleset it cuts off the bottom of the page where you normally write the team name.

That's odd. Which browser (and version) and OS?
Helloo

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I don't know too much about those things - think it's Google Chrome, and whichever version of Windows which came before Windows 10.

It doesn't really matter though, I'm just playing about with it. If it works for other people I can just join other leagues, no need to run my own. Thanks again Smile
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 23:23
FUMBBL Staff

I can't reproduce the problem. Mind giving me a more detailed way to reproduce (with links to things, and what you click on, preferrably with a screenshot of the problem).
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Fyi, you have to upload iconm player pic and also choose skills, before doing anything else. Because otherwise the settings will be reset for the positional.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be convenient if there were a way to go back to roster list from the roster page.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Fyi, you have to upload iconm player pic and also choose skills, before doing anything else. Because otherwise the settings will be reset for the positional.

If you click save before adding pics ors skills it doesn't reset

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your replies Christer. Can we add bribe cost to rosters?

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
I can't reproduce the problem. Mind giving me a more detailed way to reproduce (with links to things, and what you click on, preferrably with a screenshot of the problem).

If you can see the groups I am a member of on the left side of my homepage, it's the one called "Unnamed"... so when I click "create team for this league" it lets me select the race, including new ones, but on the next screen after I choose a race it shows the stats but not a tick and "create team" at the bottom (not team name as I said before, I was remembering wrong how it should be), and thats the same even for old races like Wood Elves

I can get a screenshot but hopefully that makes more sense, also it doesn't literally cut off the whole bottom of the screen - it shows the border pictures at bottom, just no tick and "create team".

EDIT - actually, it is there just invisible or because it's below. The cursor icon changes when I move near the bottom of the screen so I can do it now Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Christer wrote:
Hmm.. Mutations are dealt with in a somewhat magic fashion.. I'll have to rethink things a bit to fix that particular problem. Stay tuned.

Edit: Ok, there's now a "None" option for mutations (selected by default). For already existing positions you've made, you'll need to go back and change the mutation category.

That's cool. If it wasn't hard to do, could you add the None category for the other options? Might be useful for custom league ideas.

+1. The more options the better. Or less options in this case!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 01:05
FUMBBL Staff

Is there an option to use existing FUMBBL images (icons and player images) instead of uploading them? Seems a shame to have to download and then re-upload all of the fumbbl icons for teams that will be using them (which I'd guess will be a lot).

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2016 - 01:26
FUMBBL Staff

Roland wrote:
It would be convenient if there were a way to go back to roster list from the roster page.

The reason it's not there is because it's not obvious where a "back" link would take you. For example, if I added a link that simply took you to the ruleset where the roster belongs, it would create a situation where you add an external roster to your team, click on it and then "back". It would take you to the ruleset that owns the roster you added rather than yours.

So, let's just add it to non-external rosters? That would make it essentially random as to when the link appears and when it doesn't. Plus, the roster page itself doesn't really know where you came from.

So, make it simply keep track of which roster you clicked the link from? Well, a direct link to a roster would become strange. A "back to ruleset" link would be hard to understand where it would take you since you may not have been on a roster before.

So, just make it go back in your browser history? Well, you have a back button on your browser already, and I don't need to add another one.

Yes, I'm being a bit extreme in these situations, but those are the concerns. It's important that links back and forth are clear where they point without generating more complexity into a system that's already pretty tough.

When making the UI, I made a conscious decision to not have a back link there because of these concerns. I'm not totally against adding a back link there, but my initial gut feeling was to not do it.

WhatBall wrote:
Can we add bribe cost to rosters?

I don't think that's directly controllable by the site. I believe there's a hard-coded special case for rosters named "Goblin".

Helloo wrote:
EDIT - actually, it is there just invisible or because it's below. The cursor icon changes when I move near the bottom of the screen so I can do it now

Ok, I noticed what's causing it. It's a problem with the footer overlapping content on that particular page, and it's a direct consequence of your browser window not being tall enough. I'm assuming you're running on a low vertical resolution display (like a laptop or some such).

I'll see what I can do to fix this problem.

mister__joshua wrote:
could you add the None category for the other options?

Unfortunately, that's a bit trickier (or I would have done it straight away). In the end, it comes down to a situation where you could theoretically select "none" on all categories ending up with a player having a skill roll and nothing to pick. That's lock the team from playing more games, which is less than ideal. It can also happen if you have a single category available and too many skills on the player itself.

These categories weren't designed from the start to be adjustable to a great extent. In fact, the mutations are pretty much a hard-coded exception to how things work.

I may go back and consider these things again, and do the necessary adjustments to avoid teams getting into a locked state. Not super high on my priority list at the moment though.
 Jump to: