35 coaches online • Server time: 11:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2015 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Road to the NAFC 2016

The first Online NAF tournament of 2016 is to be an old favourite, as we once again travel the Road to the NAF Championship! The FUMBBL tournament will kick off on Monday January 18th, and once again you can win your ticket to the NAFC (or other NAF Major of your choosing - see below) along with some other NAFC goodies.

The rulespack for our tournament can be found here, and here, and is summarised below.

The group page has an FAQ section, and you can ask any questions below. I hope you'll make 2016 the year where you join us in playing Online NAF tournaments!

Rulespack Summary

- Non-progression Blood Bowl!

- Team treasury: 1.10 M gold. All inducements are permitted except Special Play Cards, Mercenaries and Team Wizards

- Format: 6 games of Swiss in approximately 30 team groups formed according to timezone preference (Europe, America, Australasia), followed by a playoff to determine an overall winner

- Weekly rounds

- Skill package as per the NAFC - 3 normal skills before game 1, 2 normal skills and a double before game 4

- The winner will receive a free ticket to the NAFC '16, worth £50. The NAF have generously offered to substitute this prize with a free ticket to the winner’s local NAF Major tournament!

- A Stunty Cup will be awarded, and one coach will be selected at random to receive the 2016 NAFC free gifts

You can make a team and apply to the tournament right now! Teams should be made via this link, and then coaches wishing to play in European timezones should apply here, North American timezones here, and Oceanic timezones here.

NAFC Reminder

Full NAF Championship details can be found via the rulespack, or by contacting Joemanji via the NAF site or TalkFantasyFootball. If you’d like to attend this year, hurry! There is a £5 early bird saving and a reduced rate available at the convenient, on site hotel should you buy your ticket before the end of January!

You can also ask any questions below, I should be able to answer most things. If you are umming and ahhring about joining us for a tabletop tournament, you could do an awful lot worse than breaking your duck with the big one! Smile

Team Acceptance to the Group

I will begin to accept teams to the group on Jan. 11th, and then every other day thereafter. Please don't worry if you don't see your team in the group before the 11th, it'll come! Razz

Cheers,

Phil / Goo.

Last edited by Purplegoo on Jan 11, 2016 - 20:57; edited 4 times in total
straume

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

good stuff

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Good news! Hope we'll be as many as last year!

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

There was a fair bit of number-swelling novelty to the 2015 event, but we'll do our best to get as close to the participation and completion rate as we can.

Fingers crossed! Wink
sebco

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2016 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I've relayed the information on the main french BB forum. The more we are, the more it's good! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2016 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome!

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2016 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Good news. Smile

The rulespack should drop tomorrow night (you will see front page postings, blogs and bumpings), and applications will open then. I'll start accepting new teams on Monday, a week before kickoff.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2016 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I use the same team as I used last year? I stepped in for a one game fill-in but want to do the whole thing this year!

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2016 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep! You'd be advised just to re-check all of your skills etc. but you (and anyone else with a 1.1 M team from Online NAF year one) can reuse a team.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll note I've sneakily update the OP, with front page / blog support to follow.

You can create a team now, so why wait? Smile

If anyone is reading this that is a code whizz, any ideas why the same code is central on the European page, but skewed on the NA / Oceanic pages?

Answers on a postcard, or more likely via PM, please! Razz
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 23:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I did enjoy the insanity of the 254 player Swiss competition last year.

There's a bit of a sameness to having an Aus group split off every competition. While I understand the need for it (timezones), I would like to see another monster group NAF Fumbbl tournament. Are there any plans for another one?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps!

We went a reasonable distance in year one in terms of trying new things and refining formats. The monster Swiss we played in the first NAFC was fun, but as you allude to, it wasn't great for cross timezone play for six weeks, and from a competitive standpoint it was a touch of a lottery when it came to a sixth game final and how you arrive there with two coaches from > 250. However, as you say, it was a pretty fun monster mashup.

Rest assured that formats will continue to evolve and you'll see different things as we go. I am committed to keeping our full membership involved, so separate 'groups' may be a staple for a bit, but I'm not ruling out a return to the megaSwiss. Wink
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2016 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Again, I can't accept this team:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=829147&displaymessage=The%20team%20must%20have%20between%2011%20and%2016%20players.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2016 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not surprised, it doesn't have 11 players!

As the rulespack says - 11 players must come first, stars thereafter. The system is being helpful. Smile
 Jump to: