26 coaches online • Server time: 06:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What Day is more apropos for you to play in an Instant Smack?
Wednesday
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Thursday
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Friday
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Sunday
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there BB coaches. I am still working out the details for this, but I would like to start having a discussion about it. I would like to set up a North American night where we can wrangle up some instant Smacks. What is an Instant Smack you may ask? Back in the day an instant Smack involved a bunch of dudes that all threw in their Ranked teams, roughly around the same TV, into a small quick random Tourney. Much like a normal Smack, but not over 3 weeks, but rather one day.

The Instant Smack has a Bracketed 3 Rounds of 8 teams, with Normal Tourney rules. By entering you are committed to play Two games at the least on the initial start of the Tourney. The final could be played another day if needed, as you won't be holding anyone else up. You must be able to commit to the first two games.

I always liked these. The only thing I wish is that was also available in a Brawl. Lets start small first. What day works better for the guys out there? Its not limited to these days, they are just ones I am limited to.

If you have any corrections or suggestions let me know! Im hoping to get this going in a couple weeks. Euros can also get this going in their own time frame if they should wish. Happy Nude Year!

keggie "Your Goblin Conservation Officer" mckill

Jeffro
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

hell yes

Blow Up Your Plane are IN like an INfidel.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

seen as im usually lurking around the american timezones aswell, i wouldnt mind helping even up the numbers when needed
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my god yes.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I would LOVE Friday night smack tourneys!

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a great idea. Getting 8 coaches to dedicate at least 3 hours shouldnt be too much of a task on Friday nights - hell I might participate and if not I'll certainly poke people into activating Box, especially after they lose in the first round.
fidius

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Is Friday not nookie-night for all you married guys?? Not a trade I would make, personally. Laughing
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
Is Friday not nookie-night for all you married guys?? Not a trade I would make, personally. Laughing
Dude, nookie and bloodbowl mix quite well. I dont even get timed out.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
fidius wrote:
Dude, nookie and bloodbowl mix quite well. I dont even get timed out.

+1

Friday for families with two working parents... we don't go out usually. And if we're gonna hop in the sack, it'll be late-late or early and then each go off to do other things we like.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:

Have you tried matrimonial-mornings?

Banging-Brunches

Sensual-Showers

Taco-Tuesdays

Last edited by mrt1212 on Jan 01, 2016 - 04:14; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Gods --- you lot really make me miss being married to Mrs Pythrr # 1.

Not.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

This is now a mehwidge thread.
JigerJones

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I could play on Fridays from time to time
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay. Lets tentatively plan to play a Smack on Friday night. Jan 8th 2016.

Start time? I personally get home at 730pm Eastern time (430 Pacific.) We could schedule it for 8pm Eastern time. Ill try to wrangle up an Admin to help us set this up. We could run several, if guys are up to it. There could be one started at 7pm Eastern. That way, when the second starts, the first guys who are already knocked out, can possibly join another. If that is their wish.

Next Question is, what TV? I think Ill leave that up to an admin. Maybe a random one is best, or whatever they feel it should be. We have a week to mull it over. Smile

Jeffro
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Keggie, should think about setting up an IRC channel to act as a lobby for those who want to participate. Might help a bit and at the very least another avenue to talk...SMACK
 Jump to: