26 coaches online • Server time: 06:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2016 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from Skavenblight **

Well FUMBBL fans it is time to kick off the new year of Majors. As always we start in the underground of Skavenblight. So get ready to get that vomit taste of defeat out of your mouths from last years majors. Now is the time you can dream that you actually have a chance to make some "noise" in the majors for the upcoming season.

So, get your teams ready to go and get them applied.

Warpstone Open Applciations<<<<<<<< Click here to sign up.

Remember this is a Ranked major so only R teams need to make the trip to the swamps of the ratmen.

Iam once again set up in the penthouse suite of the posh Ritz Skavenblight to cover all the action and give you insight you will find no where else on FUMBBL or the know universe.

GET YOUR TEAMS APPPLIED!!!!!!

Last edited by PainState on Jan 14, 2016 - 00:00; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2016 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

IMPORTANT WARPSTONE OPEN INFORMATION

To qualify for the Warpstone Open, you must win one of the 13 Qualifiers commencing on January 14th 2015. All [R] teams may apply for a spot in one of the Qualifiers.

To be eligible for a spot in the Qualifiers you need to apply to this group.

Applications will be sorted by TV and the Highest 104 teams at the application deadline will be accepted into the group. IF we have less than 104 applicants then the blank spaces in the draws will be evenly distributed and filled by teams that automatically forfeit any game they are drawn in.

Coaches may apply with one team only for the qualifiers. There are second chances in this tournament however. If you are defeated you may apply to the main page, with the same team, in hope of winning one of the Warpstone Lottery tickets. All duplicate applications to this group will be deleted!

So, top 104 teams based on TV or TW will be admitted into the WO. IF you should lose, do not fret.

You will need to reapply for the WO, and there will be a lottery of 3 lucky teams who will get a second shot in the Main Draw. NOW YOU MUST NOT PLAY MORE THAN 3 MATCHES after you are knocked out to be able to enter the Warp Stone Lottery.

#1 Do not play more than 3 matches after you exit.

#2 YOU MUST REAPPLY TO THE GROUP...admins will not add you to the lottery. You must move and actually do something.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Warpstone Open **

Well FUMBBL fans the defending champion Uusiverikulho has arrived one week early and they are getting primed and ready to defend their title.

Between warm up matches they are doing press conferences and "meet and greet" events at the local bars.

Just got word from the WO that the plan is for 13 qualifiers of 8 teams but they will make room for 13 qualifiers of 16 teams. So, 208 teams max for the Warpstone open. More than enough slots for most teams to make the "cut" to get into the WO.

One week left, get your teams set and ready and get them applied.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Warpstone Open **

Well, it seems the Blood Sea Buccaneers have arrived and I have found this "flyer" that is posted all over the "red light" district very interesting.

Blood Sea Buccaneers are looking for two players that are dirty, low down, low character, cheap shot artist, bushwacker, back stabber, thug, hooligan, convicted of murder 2+ times, veteran of any war or just one mean ass dude.

50K signing bonus and the chance to lay the dirty boot leather into somebodies head, multiple times during the Warsptone Open.

If interested see coach Hicksey at the nibbled cheese pub. You can bring a resume if you like but it is not needed.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

** Programming note **

I like the new banner for the Warpstone Open

BUT

I think the banner for the qualifier group should have something on it to show that you are looking at the qualifier group page and not the "main" Warpstone Open page.

IMO

move on, nothing else to see here.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the WO **

I was walking around town when I came across a very sad sight.

Coach Chainsaw was sitting on the corner with a sign that said: "Please, do not dodge me on the GameFinder."

He was sitting in the mud like a common street urchin "pan handling" for a few copper. I went up to talk to him and he said inless Iam offering him a match on the Game Finder, then bugger off.

I went into the pub he was sitting in front of. Had a few rounds, talked to the local rats to get the pulse of the town and when I walked back out, he was still sitting there looking at the Game Finder with every match up green lighted and still no offers.

poor Chainsaw.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open Pickers Challenge

We kick off the first major of the new season with another "pickers Challenge".

We will use the qualifier group format for this challenge.

Here is how it is going to work, I will go into greater detail as we get closer.

When the groups are posted you will make one pick for each group. So 13 picks in total.

You will get points depending on how far each of your teams go in the qualifier period.

Once we enter the main draw, you will then pick the entire 16 team field and get points for each round of correct picks.

I will have a plan for coaches who miss the first round, showed up late, and they can still get in on the pickers challenge.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Pickers challenge!!!

get your pennies ready folks...i need to buy a new house

*bump
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I like the new banner for the Warpstone Open.

Don't quit your day job for a position as an art critic Milford.

Rats are not Skaven, and Skaven don't give two scrits about cheese.

You wouldn't put monkeys with bananas on a human major banner would you? I think not.

Back to the drawing board for the artist imo, who, to be fair, has made some really good banners for other FUMBBL tournaments. Credit where credit's due.

Anyway, it is rumoured some very disgruntled witch hunters out of the Drakwald forest will try to gain access to the tournament this time. Hopefully to eradicate some of the evil that pester the realms of Old World.
chimp2010

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The Grimsby Gougerz are gonna take a stab at another major!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

Well, good sir. Because of my position that I hold on FUMBBL some would call me more of a politician. Thus, I must at all times strive to find that balance between praise and critic.

I will defer to you from here on out if I need a informed thought on art or graphics.

Yours truly, Milford.

Very Happy Shocked Surprised

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
PainState wrote:
I like the new banner for the Warpstone Open.

Rats are not Skaven, and Skaven don't give two scrits about cheese.

You wouldn't put monkeys with bananas on a human major banner would you? I think not.

Back to the drawing board for the artist imo, who, to be fair, has made some really good banners for other FUMBBL tournaments. Credit where credit's due.

Actually monkeys with bananas on a human banner sounds spot on! Humans in a fantasy world.....pffft

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2016 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh everybody knows Skaven are the most cheesy roster around! What's not to like? I love the banner.

Walpurgis 2 have applied. Coffers are empty but what can you do.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2016 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

After several years in exile, some albino rats may be back in Skavenblight just in time for the big tourney (if TV permits).
Uedder

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2016 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

After being kicked out in last year's qualifinal by the sage's boring delves, after kicking the Watchmen in the nuts in the FC opening game, and after falling to anisdrin's space tails, the Screamers are joining the Warpstone Open.

Looking for death or glory or both.
 Jump to: