30 coaches online • Server time: 09:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sonrises

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:

\o/
And Quali VIII is ours! Goblins-Vamps-Pro Elves

and HLP has almost a qualy of its own (qualy 1) Mr. Green Mr. Green Wink
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

So the plan is simple, we will sit in this pub. Eat, drink till we pass out and wait until someone who looks official comes along and tells us to enter the Crown of Sand chasm and find our stinking pillar of fire.

Did the Buc's B side buy their map from The Great Gobbo? Did the The Great Maw conduct an intervention and direct these wayward sons to a desert based Betty Ford clinic? Did some cowardly nurgle coach bribe Tomb King Settra to have the B side ejected from the tournament before it had even begun?

Join the Human League Premiership!
Wex

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

1: Human/Khemri/Underworld
    Human: 15
    Khemri: 4
    Underworld: 1

2: Nurgle/Undead/Ogre
    Nurgle: 14
    Undead: 5
    Ogre: 1

3: Orc/Chaos/Slann
    Orc: 14
    Chaos: 4
    Slann: 1

4: Chaos Dwarf/Skaven/Norse
    Chaos Dwarf: 12
    Skaven: 6
    Norse: 2

5: Dwarves/Necromantic/Halfling
    Dwarves: 10
    Necromantic: 5
    Halfling: 3

6: Dark Elf/Lizardmen/Chaos Pact
    Dark Elf: 8
    Lizardmen: 5
    Chaos Pact: 3

7: Woodelf/High Elf/Amazon
    Woof Elf: 7
    High Elf: 6
    Amazon: 3

8: Goblin/Pro Elf/Vampire
    Goblin: 7
    Pro Elf: 6
    Vampire: 4
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice Breakdown, Wex! Only 4 Chaos. Surprised It's interesting that there was no cut this year. Let's see if some low TV braves with loads of inducement manage to make a good run. I'm wondering at the deadlines, though. As some of the qualifiers have 5 rounds, shouldn't the 1st round deadline for the qualifiers that only have 4 rounds be 3 March?
cdassak

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans #1, in a way expected, but only 4 chaos!

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

And 29 total for ARR!
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my, 4 chaos? Lets take a look:

Evolution 2013
Schnucken
Tzeentchs Tricks
WMD's in The Box

With the exception of Bill these are not our usual suspects.

Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Who's #1? Humans!

Plenty of mirror matches in Qualifier 1 but the real story will be eliminating Khemri from their home major before the finals. Lets look at the non-mirrors coming up:

Crumbling Bones II v Redwood Sons of Anarchy

Three super annoying Tomb Guardians are going to be able to lock down a huge amount of pitch real estate with a gridlock inducing amount of strength, guard and standfirm (not to mention their mobility). The crumbly ones also enjoy a ST4 Blodger ball carrier who could be difficult to take down. No agility boosts means they still face the eternal Khemri curse. The silver lining of any clouds that might turn up is at least their coach can pretend its rain not tears.

The Men of Mayhem have seen better days, but will be bringing inducements, an AG5 Blitzer, and speed to burn. They'll miss their Kicker, and on paper it looks like a tough ask. This team always put it all on the line and their coach won't go wondering, and I'd back them 100% if they played with 1 minute turn limits.

The ref, weather and potential wizard could be huge here, but hoping for a Human win.

MuayThai Legends v Underworld Spooks

With one tackle pomber and no other mighty blow a lot rests on the shoulders of the human's sole superstar. As long as he has support from the rest of the team, he could really shine with such a short stunty bench in the opposing dugout. The humans also bring inducements, so there are some interesting choices available to them pre-game.

Flying the flag for ARR! the Spooks bring 3 mighty blow claw combos to the game, as well as a nice spread of AG4 to give them a ballin' running and passing game. And can someone tell me who did they rob for that bankroll?

This will be another close game, and could become totally nuts if the Spooks bring their own fireworks.

Da Walking Dead v D3

How to survive a Zombie apocalypse? Cardio, Cardio, Cardio. This is one lesson that Rick and Carl Grimes have really taken to heart. With only one rookie on the team the LOS is going to look expensive depending on what this human team do with their spending money.

On the other side of this match we have a Khemri team coached by one of the best Khemri coaches to ever scream "just pick up the damn ball!". This is probably the Khemri's best hope for representation in the finals, and they are a solid team with two superstar Blitz-ra's and a superstar Thro-ra bringing real game winning potential.

Human Rage v Tombtown Raiders

Finally I get to talk about a human team that doesn't need a stack of cash to turn up on game day. The Rage might be Roid induced looking at their Blitzer core and a pair of Linemen have suspiciously pointy looking ears. Regardless they've been cleared to play and here's hoping their slobberknocking coach gets to celebrate at the end of the game.

Trying to prevent this is another ST4 blodger ball carrier, who comes with a backup blodger. The Tomb Guardian core looks a little softer than others and a near rookie pair of Blitz-ra's makes this team appear a little softer. Whispers from the Bookmaker's divination division a talking about an interception play to make the game!?

SID Lords v AG Ain't Nothing But A Number

A young group of humans that couldn't ask for a better stage to make a name for themselves. With 15 games to their names they have a positive record in terms of Wins, TD's and Cas. They've collected a few niggles here and there, but they have yet to sack a player for an injury. Their youth also means they haven't developed much past the core skills.

The last of the Khemri teams has averaged a AG boost every 2 games. Even having only 4 games to their name this is fairly impressive. They'll have over half a million of inducements, so we might see Ramtut make his one and only appearance at this years Crown of Sand.

jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

SO, I figured I'd chuck in a rookie goblin team for giggles, fully expecting to miss out.

Instead... I've got in. And I'm waiting for my opponent since they got unlucky as the only teams in the Goblin/Elf/Vampire needing to play in round 1.

I looked them up... Timetis' elves at TV 1.96m, or Tarabella's vampires at TV 2.26m. Just how many bribes can my 900k gobbos buy again?? Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Is Chaos suffering from the XFL having tied up or mauled the usual contenders?
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

thebursar wrote:
Is Chaos suffering from the XFL having tied up or mauled the usual contenders?

Could be that.

OR

It could be that Chaos and Nurgle have this pact going on.

Chaos won last year and Nurgle before that and Chaos before that and Nurgle after that.

SO it is Nurgles turn. So the chaos teams just did not show up to clear the field for NURGLE.

Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Collective fumbbl is still wondering - whereever did the bucs go?
Wex

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2016 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Since I'm in Qualifier II...

Round 1:

Another Rotten Team vs 10tacle Experiment
2060 Nurgle vs 2360 Nurgle

Another Rotten Team
    3 Pestigors, 2 with blodge
    1 Blodgestep Warrior
    1 Blodge clawpomb warrior
    1 clawpomb warrior with +MA & Tackle
    1 Block/Guard/Standfirm/Tackle Warrior
    1 Blodge Beast
    Many useless rotters

vs

10tacle Experiment

4 Pestigors
    1 Dodge Sure hands
    1 clawpomber
    1 Frenzy wrackle
    1 mb blackle

1 blodge tents warrior
    1 block/guard/claw/mb tents warrior
    2 block/guard/mb tents warrior
    1 Standard BoN
    Many rotters

Who wins? The Clawpombers, or the Tentacled monstrosities?
(The Clawpombers, of course. Totally unbiased here)

Mirkwood Buccaneers vs Graveyard War Room
1720 Undead vs 1790 Undead
Mirkwood Buccaneers
    1 Blodge +ST Mummy
    1 standard mummy
    1 Blodge Wight
    1 +AG Wight, tackle
    1 Blodge Ghoul
    1 Guard ghoul
    1 +ST Blodgestep ghoul
    Several Zombies
    +ST zombie

vs

Graveyard War Room
    2 Mummies
    1 Baby Wight
    1 Pomber Wight
    1 Blodge ghoul
    1 Guard blodgestep ghoul
    1 wrackle ghoul
    many zombies

Who wins? the Stat freaks, or the team with more disposable bodies?

Public [ B]eating vs Westeros White Walkers
1610 Undead vs 1710 Undead
Public [B ]eating

2 Mummies
    1 Agile pomber Wight
    1 baby wight
    2 blodge ghouls
    many zombie

vs

Westeros White Walkers
    2 Pomb mummies
    1 baby wight
    1 underdeveloped wight
    2 blodge ghouls
    1 guard/blodge ghoul
    1 baby ghoul
    1 Blackle Dauntless zombie (???)
    many zombies

Last round 1 game has already been played.

I'll get to Round 2 games in a few days.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2016 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

jamesfarrell129 wrote:
SO, I figured I'd chuck in a rookie goblin team for giggles, fully expecting to miss out.

Instead... I've got in. And I'm waiting for my opponent since they got unlucky as the only teams in the Goblin/Elf/Vampire needing to play in round 1.

I looked them up... Timetis' elves at TV 1.96m, or Tarabella's vampires at TV 2.26m. Just how many bribes can my 900k gobbos buy again?? Razz

Would be a great game to spec Very Happy

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
TheSpydyr

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2016 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

fling on fling action just concluded, with guess who...flings winning!. It was the rookie fling team with zara putting the hurt down on the more experienced fling team and winning 3-0. Was a fun match and now the rookie flings have to wait to see if they draw dwarves or necro. Bring 'em on!

A DM only rolls the dice because of the noise they make -- Gary Gygax
 Jump to: