33 coaches online • Server time: 09:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FTJUK

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My Ag6 Elf Blitzer has skilled up and rolled a double. No idea where to take him with this as was going to get leap or dodge? Thoughts welcomed.

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8974634

Last edited by FTJUK on Feb 18, 2016 - 17:29; edited 1 time in total
Merrick18818

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

You've linked the wrong player. Smile

The AG6 Blitzer, however, I'd be inclined to take Dodge, rather than Leap. Dodging almost anywhere on a 2+ with a reroll, rather than leaping on a 2+ without a reroll, seems like the more solid option.
FTJUK

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Link updated!!

What about other options to be considered with the double roll?
Merrick18818

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I'm not sure there's a double skill that would be a better choice than Dodge, for him. He's clearly built to be a ball carrier, so the Strength skills don't seem too useful, and none of the passing skills would really help him as much either.
Timetis

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd definitely take dodge here. With dodge he's a lot safer, and wont take as much rr's

Guard or MB wont do much on him.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

He already has AG, AG, Sure Hands. the question is what would his next 3 skills of your choice be? I would want Dodge, Leap and Tackle. So for me the double is no use. I'd take Dodge, then Leap, then Tackle. If you roll +ST or +MA all the better and you miss out on Tackle.

If you want to do something abit different arguments could be made for Strip Ball (toss up with tackle for final skill for me) or Frenzy (awesome with Sidestep but poor synergy with Sure Hands) and Guard (always good but not my preference for a ball carrier), Dump Off or Pass on a double.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Take pass and make him into a deep thrower?!

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Dump off. At AG6 you don't need to worry about the Blitzer's TZ, and it synergizes so well with Elf NOS catchers.

Take Dodge on your next normal roll.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

100% Dodge. If you really want the double then guard but that will likely get him slaughtered.

Come back when he reaches his next skill and we can have the leap vs ag6 conversation (again)!

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

With AG6, good positioning of this player and good planning he should be able to get anywhere he wants better by Dodging. Using the Dodge skill with its built in reroll ought to make the need for Leap almost useless. Use that skill slot for something else.

I think I would either take Dodge now and ignore the Double.
Dodge, Tackle/Strip Ball or Strip Ball/Tackle
OR
I would take GUARD and focus on getting him to his next skill fast.
Elves usually are short on Guard so it could be nice to have more.
And I know... people will say "but to use Guard you have to put him where he is going to be hit and that will just get him killed".
BUT... you are going to be sticking him into the think of things every now and then to be able to use him.
If he has Guard (coupled with Side Step and eventually Blodge) he lends that assist to support players who could Chainpush him out to safety after he gets that loose ball.

I find Guard on a Ball Carrier type (and he will carry it some if not primarily for you) is great for helping the other players to help him get clean of TZ's and then move the ball to safety without risking the Snake Eyes Dodge or maybe by chainpushing him from a 3+ Dodge or 2 Dodges into a better position for an easier Dodge.

Which option I chose would depend on my current team I think.
Doubles can help to make players SPECIAL.
Skipping this Double is OK on him since he is already so special.
But if you really want to use the Double this is a good way to go.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The best elf blitzer ever Swift Sandrooster also had ag6.

He took mighty blow for his double. And dodge as superstar. I think both guard and mighty blow are a great addition to the team. He will skill so fast that dodge will come in very early.

Other options could be juggernaut for surfing and oneturning.
Dump off to go along with the nos catchers. With ag6 he will still roll a 2+ even with 2 tackle zones on him.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

without Dodge is going to be like the first minutes of Die Hard with a Vengeance, except that on a BB field there will be no Zeus Carver saving his neck....

pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm going dump off too

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge or dump off really either is great iv had dump off save my game once or twice well for that round once got me a touchdown that way lol once!!! but Dodge for survablity is also a great thing to have its like vest lol still hurts but your not dead Smile
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2016 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Dump-off or Guard for me for the doubles - a guard that you can place where you want (with leap and dodge eventually) is great, but I lean towards dump-off as he already has sure-hands. Any loose ball that he can get to is his and if he can't make it out of retaliatory blitz range then dump-off will get it to the NoS catchers.
 Jump to: