57 coaches online • Server time: 22:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Vote!
This is great. I would totally play that.
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Mostly agree, some change are dumb.
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Bah LRB6 if fine, this is a waste of time.
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Mostly disagree, a lot of changes are dumb.
52%
 52%  [ 30 ]
You're dumb, please don't post anymore.
22%
 22%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 57

Dach

Post 18 Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Bored at work so... Razz

Those are mostly minor change, I don't like making too much complicated change.

Apothecaries

Roll D6:

1 No effect, injury apply.
2 Badly hurt and miss next game.
3 Badly hurt.
4-6 No injury, put the player in the in KO box.

(You can still use your Apo for a KO. Also to make badly hurt downgrade to KO. Same as LRB 6.)

Kick-off Table

2: Throw a rock
3: Get the Ref
11: Riot

Touchback

No touchback awarded if a receiving player fail to catch the ball and result in the ball getting out of bound or in the kicking team half.

Interception

Make throwing roll before interception roll. No interception roll if the thrower fumble.

SPPs

+1 SPP for injury made with a chainsaw, bomb or stab skill.

Decay

-1 to Regenaration roll. (No more double injury roll.)

Regeneration

Change from extraordinary to mutation.

Succesfull regenaration roll put the player in the KO box.

Sneaky Git

Re-roll to armor roll or injury roll when you foul.

Stunty

Player with stunty ignore the tackle skill on adjacent player when they dodge. (A player with tackle blocking/blitzing a stunty player still cancel out his dodge skill.)

Inducements

0-2 Freelancer assistant coach for 20k
0-2 Freelancer cheerleader for 20k
0-2 Igor
Dwarf get bribe for 50k.

Chaos Dwarf

Remove sprint on the Bull centaurs.

Goblin

Remove Loner from the Trolls.

Necromantic

Zombie gain Decay, Lose 1 AG.

Nurgle

Rotter gain Regeneration, lose 1 AG.

Undead

Vampire

Thrall gain Thick skull.

Chaos Pact

Marauder access to Strenght skill change from normal to double.

That's it! Discuss! Wink

Last edited by Dach on %b %10, %2016 - %03:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Awful

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Jim for your constructive feedback, after our quick exchange on Reddit I expected nothing less from you. Wink
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

wot is readdit?

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont like it either. Increases the number of very skilled players, while also increases the upside down games. (From the games perspective KO or BH is as good in some cases as a perm or death.)
On the other i would expect to make the already strong high TV roster getting stronger.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm I get your point bghandras, mostly in tournament environment the apo preventing one good player from coming back is bad. Didn't think about that.

Are you thinking to same about KO on regen?

I did that, because I think regen is currently too strong vs the apo.
kwèk

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Dach wrote:

Apothecaries

Roll D6:

1 No effect, injury apply.
2 Badly hurt and miss next game.
3 Badly hurt.
4-6 No injury, put the player in the in KO box.

(You can still use your Apo for a KO. Also to make badly hurt downgrade to KO. Same as LRB 6.)

I don't get it?... Right now the APO downgrades BH to "reserve"... and gives you 50% chance of getting a reserve player? Now you change it to a KO... which makes it worst for the match (since you still have to have make a KO roll). Keeping a player on the field saving a KO is pretty usefull in tournament play, and having him stunned still keeps him out for at least a turn.

The entire idea of nerfing the APO in the first place was to get more injured players... and make it more difficult to create legends. Which in leagues that run long is not a bad thing at all. Also... making the APO worst got away with "ageing"... which most players (including myself) found a lot more frustrating then an APO fail.

Dach wrote:

Kick-off Table

2: Throw a rock
3: Get the Ref
11: Riot

I think this is pure subjective...
The implications are minor, and just has to do what you like more. But I don't mind "throw a rock" on number 2 at all... it's pretty frustrating to see your important player die or go KO for a full drive, because of randomness.

Changing 3 to 11 doesn't really matter... it's more fluff wise I guess. Just changing 2 with 11 did make your point.

Dach wrote:

Touchback

No touchback awarded if a receiving player fail to catch the ball and result in the ball getting out of bound or in the kicking team half.

This I consder to be a really bad rule change. If the ball goes directly to the line of scrimage... and you don't catch the ball, the ball scatters to the opponent side (on a player), they don't catch the ball, ball scatters to the 2nd line of the opponent side... if the opponent has set up his players on line 3, it will be really difficult to recover the ball and the chances of starting a normal drive go trough the drain. I think the game is random enough without those situations to happen.

This can also result to several players in the wide zone not catching the ball, and the crowd passing the ball back deep in the opponents enzone... against Skaven or Wood Elves that could mean you start in defence and loose your drive completely.

Dach wrote:

Interception

Make throwing roll before interception roll. No interception roll if the thrower fumble.

I've always considered this to be more logical... I don't see a problem here. I don't know why the rule got introduced this way... maybe they had a reason back then? You should clarify with some of the people that tested the rules up until now, just to know why some rules got implemented.

Dach wrote:

SPPs

+1 SPP for injury made with a chainsaw, bomb or stab skill.

I don't see why... if you wanna skill them, just make them score TD's or do other fancy stuff. They are kind of cheating annyway, shouldn't get rewarded (even tough the fans like it)

Dach wrote:

Decay

-1 to Regenaration roll. (No more double injury roll.)

I believe the decay rule should change... I'm just not sure if this is the way to go. Maybe just give them an automatically "nigling" injury (as in, they start with +1 on injury, and all SI(mng) give them a nigling.
(this means changing all 41, 42, 43, 44, ... , 48 results to nigling injury)

Dach wrote:

Regeneration

Change from extraordinary to mutation.

Succesfull regenaration roll put the player in the KO box.

Why? ... And why put it in the KO box. I don't see a problem with regen in the current ruleset... but maybe I'm wrong.

Dach wrote:

Sneaky Git

Re-roll to armor roll or injury roll when you foul.

I never took sneaky git... and pretty much considered it a way to random skill in the new ruleset. Rerolling armor and injury is just not done... except for Piling on. I don't think we need to have more of that. Maybe think of changing the sneaky git rule as:

"if you are catched by the ref, roll a D6, on a 1,2,3 the ref spots the foul as normal, on a 4+ the game continues and the referee doesn't spot the foul. If the Referee spots the foul on armour and injury (aka 2 doubles) sneaky git has no effect. (cause they are sneaky)"

Dach wrote:

Stunty

Player with stunty ignore the tackle skill on adjacent player when they dodge. (A player with tackle blocking/blitzing a stunty player still cancel out his dodge skill.)

Believe me... this is not what you want. I also don't see anny reason why to change "stunty" , it's good as it is... I'm glad they changed the rule that 9 on injury is automatically BH, that was great. Thanks! If you want to change stunty teams, there are other things to consider then this.

I'm not going to comment on the inducements... Don't really see why it's nescesary. I mean, not all the money has to be stuffed into inducements... if you have 10K or 20K left to spare, it's just like that. I don't see a reason to change it.

Next up... the "why" bracket??

Dach wrote:

Chaos Dwarf

Remove sprint on the Bull centaurs.

Necromantic

Nurgle

Rotter gain Regeneration, lose 1 AG.

Undead

Vampire

Thrall gain Thick skull.

Chaos Pact

Marauder access to Strenght skill change from normal to double.

Why? ... Just why???
They have 2 types of lineman, 2 bull centaurs, and a mino (not the best of the big guys)... I don't see a big problem with the chaos dwarf team... why take away sprint?

Thralls really don't need thick skull... Vamps are really not that bad if you know how to play them.

Why would you change the stats of zombies? They have ag2 isn't that bad enough? Why go to ag1? There is no reason for it... they just have ma4. And why give them decay?

I also don't see why the rotters need to have -1 agility... just change the decay rule, and make it a bit less punishable. Casualties can go through the roof sometimes making it hard to play.

Dach wrote:

Goblin

Remove Loner from the Trolls.

HURAY
Fully agree on this one

Things I personally considered in rule changes:

1. Make ma9 the highest natural movement you can have, just like AV10 is the highest armour value you can have. Therefore there won't be "natural one turners", and this issue won't come up in the future.

By doing so, you can give the wood elves back their ma9, and loose their sprint. Which I honestly didn't mind that much, and was largely changed because people were creating ma10, sprint, sure feet , one turners... which right now is only reserved for skavens. (or Woodies that get 2x ma advance).

What to do with +MA on a roll when you have ma9 ? Take +AV or take a normal or double skill (if you rolled a double).

2. Make Claw + MB not cumulative. When you use claw, you can't use MB , when you use MB you can't use claw... Or do something about the fact that Claw (with a lot of teams) is just generally accessable now, and stop the creation of Claw, MB, PO teams that just wreck the hell of your team and create random mindless games after 3 or 4 turns. (which can also happen without the MB/Claw combo... but Claw/MB just make it happen more)

3. Change the Take Root rule... When a treeman is rooted he can a roll a D6 in the beginning of the activation. On a 6 he unroots, on anny other number he stays rooted. Make sure Treeman roll their take root in the beginning of the activation but AFTER they stand up (if they have to stand up). Sometimes treemen are just rooted on the ground, I mean, wtf. Of course you can't chain push them.

Also make sure that a Blitz action can be changed to a block action, if the treeman takes root. Loosing your blitz is awfull, loosing the block also makes it even more terrible.

4. Change the AV of snotlings + Halflings. Flings to AV7, Snotlings to AV6 ... Believe me, the AV Change will not make them "overpowered". Next to that:

In comparisson to Goblins

40K Goblin 6 2 3 7
30K Halfling 5 2 3 6 <- yeah, 10K less, losses AV, +MA
20K Snotling 5 1 3 5 <- yeah, 20 k less, loosses ST, 2x AV but gains titchy

Low AV + Stunty really creates more randomness then needed. Flings and Snotlings go off the pitch with blocks quickly enough.

They have to do 1Ds and GFI's more then most teams... have to roll more dice then most teams... failed dodge (low AV, stunty breaks you), failed GFI (low av, stunty breaks you), 1D Block/Pow or Skull (low av, stunty breaks you). It's not that you don't get bashed a lot.... and landing on 4+ is pretty problematic too. I don't want them to be uber competetive, just a bit less random. They are still going to suck... just stay on the pitch a bit better.

5. Since some tournaments just genrally allow the folowing teams as "stunty" ... why not make them official, so that they get a fixed place in the tournament enviorement. And people don't have to lose NAF rated points by playing "skinks" and therefore nerfing their lizardmen rating. Which can create a bigger stunty enviorement.

- All Skink team: "All skinks 1 kroxigor" ... maybe give them a positional (like catch on 1 or 2 of them), kick loner from the krox

- Underworld Goblins: 1 Warpstone Troll, All Goblins, kick loner from the troll, maybe give a few goblins "horns" as positionals

- Snotlings: 4 Ogres, all snotlings

Print in big fat letters that "skavens" in an underworld team is not a stunty team... it's just not, no matter who writes the rules for the tournament. Get over it!

Last edited by kwèk on %b %10, %2016 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
tmoila

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Interception rule is that way to make the flow of the game better and increase the amount of interceptions made.

Because if fumbles would cause no interception roll, the amount of int's would be next to nothing. And it is easier to just allow the opponent to roll for it before your pass sequence.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Dach wrote:
Hmm I get your point bghandras, mostly in tournament environment the apo preventing one good player from coming back is bad. Didn't think about that.

Are you thinking to same about KO on regen?

I did that, because I think regen is currently too strong vs the apo.

I wont go into the details. I commented on your vision, not on execution. In order to comment on your execution i would need to understand, or at least guess about your vision.
I personally would not like to see regenerating gutters, but that is a small point compared to the big picture issues, and i see no point listing these all.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I too envisage a world where everyone with claw access can take regen too. Regen Chorfs!
Wait, what?

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dach wrote:
Necromantic

Undead

Out of everything, this stands out as the least necessary: zombies are not in need of nerfing.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Srsly at least learn the game before you try to "fix" it.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 15:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

kilinrax wrote:
Dach wrote:
Necromantic

Undead

Out of everything, this stands out as the least necessary: zombies are not in need of nerfing.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=812518

Zombs are OP for sure.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 15:21
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Finally someone with an answer to all the overpowered Zombie teams.

We have waited so long.....

Zombies, the hidden threat throttling BB. #NerfZombies16

Actually my favourite bit is dealing with the known problem of Cpomb by giving them regen. Bound to sort it out.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well clearly the answer to all that claw is to give M-access rosters enough other overpowered skills that nobody takes it.

It's so obvious, PurpleChest. Just get with the programme.
 Jump to: