65 coaches online • Server time: 21:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

He finally makes it to the top of the tower, all 1179 steps, he is winded and takes a few moments to steady himself, curses under his breath about drinking to much. He stands at the top of the Celestial tower at the college of magic. He steadies himself and knocks on the large wooden door.

He hears 4 locks unbolt and then the door opens up. Standing before him is a very old man, dressed in the traditional robes of a wizard, he is tall, and looks down on him.

The wizard turns and welcomes him to his inner sanctuary of study and observation. The room is large, covered in books and parchment, astronomical instruments sticking out of the roof here and there, the room has a red glow about it, no candles or torches are lit.

On one of the walls is a large book case with Blood Bowl artifacts, he can see a cabalvision ball turned on in the corner with some random match being played.

"I knew you would be coming."

"You did?"

"Yes, I did. You have questions about what is to come or what you know is coming."

"Well, I would not be so melodramatic about it but yes, I have heard rumors in the back alley pubs. I can feel something is coming and I think it is a big deal for those in the know."

The Celestial wizard hands Milford a tall frosty mug of Bugmans XXXXL, the wizard offers up a toast and then sits down across from Milford.

"I take it you are not a witch hunter in disquise Milford? For what Iam about to tell you would most likely get me burned at the stake."

"I can assure you good, sir. Iam not a witch hunter and I to do not like having to deal with those guys. I have had a few run ins with them over the years."

"Good, have you ever heard of the dark comet?"

"Dark Comet? ah, mm, nooooo,"

Milford takes a large gulp of his Bugmans.

The wizard stands up and goes to one of his telescopes, looks into the looking glass and then adjusts the focus. He motions for Milford to take a look.

Milford with some trepidation, looks into the lens, he sees the stars up close. Then he sees it, faint but yes, a comet, with a green flame trailing behind it.

"Why is it so hard to see wizard? You would think that green tail would be scene?"

"Well, that is because Milford the comet is coming right at us. All you can really see right now is the tip of the green warpstone core that makes up the comet."

"What do you mean right at us? Like, collision course, end of the world?"

"Oh, no, nothing like that but the comet does come close, we will be able to see it at night in about a week. The dark comet shows up every 75 years and goes over the polar north. It is drawn to the warp gate up there."

The wizard turns and sits back down in the his chair. Miflord follows him and refills his mug of Bugmans.

"The Emperor has already been by. He was here last week. The Dark Comet is a omen of bad things to come. Every time the comet appears it is always followed by an increases in the activities of the followers of chaos. Sometimes the hordes of Chaos come charging out of the waste to destroy the world. This is always set off by the apperence of the comet.

Some have speculated that the comet stirs up the chaos in this world, drives its followers insane and they lash out. I have records that go back thousands of years to support this idea."

"Well, I can understand why the Empire would be concerned about this comet. Why then do I give a crap? I follow and report on Blood Bowl."

The wizard stands up and goes over to his Blood Bowl collection. Pulls off the top shelf a large book. He brushes off the dust and carries it back to Milford, lays it down on his coffee table for Milford to look at.

Milford takes a step back from it. The tome is very large, over a 1000 pages but Milford is disturbed by its appereance. There are runes of chaos on it, a very fait green glow can be scene on them. The pages are dark brown, from dried blood and the cover looks to be made from flesh.

"No need to be ashamed Milford, I have that same feeling every time I touch it."

"What is that?"

"Well, it is a very ancient tome that I spent 40 years looking for. I had some grand adventures in my youth to aquire it. Inside that book you will find the match reports of over 5000 Blood Bowl matches, history and tales of glory and carnage. I have to say it speaks to my soul."

Milford gives the Wizard a sideways glance at that last comment. He notices that the wizard is now over in the corner of his office, he is putting on a travelling cloak, he has a large back pack and then he grabs his wizard staff.

"Why am I here wizard?"

"Well, Milford, you are going to be my companion on the adventure of a life time."

"Really?"

Milford starts backing up to the door

"Why, yes! I would think you would want to witness one of the greatest spectacles in Blood Bowl history."

"Well, Yeah, but......Iam very confused."

The wizard looks at Milford and then picks up the tome. Holds it up on high, the tome starts to glow brighter.

"We are off to the edge of the Northern Waste Milford, about 50 miles north of Erengrad. "

"Ah, why?"

"Well, we are going there because in about 16 days when the comet reaches its apex over the warp gate that will signal the start of one of the most ancient and pure Blood Bowl tournaments ever played. A tournament that plays by the old school rules, a tournament that is the true essence of Blood Bowl.... THE CARNAGE CUP!!!!!

It is going to be Glorious Milford. Then I will be able to open this tome and continue to record the history of the cup, the match reports, the tales of glory and death. It is my destiny!"

Under the cover of darkness, Milford and the Celestial wizard depart Altdorf, headed to Erengrad for the start of the CARNAGE CUP

Details of the Carnage Cup are forthcoming from Azure. It is going to be glorious!!!!!

Last edited by PainState on %b %11, %2016 - %00:%Mar; edited 5 times in total
Endzone

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Rated 6!
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford and the Celestial wizard continue to trek north.

Every night as they make camp the Wizard explains the format of the Carnage Cup to Milford. Reading from the tome of the carnage cup. The wizard tells tales of carnage and Blood Bowl from thousands of years ago from the match reports.

On March 16th applications will be accepted for the Carnage Cup...which will start on the 23rd. This is not any normal brawl...not at all.

Instead, the prize for this Cup will go to the team that inflicts the most blood and broken bones during the tournament.

Yup! No pansy elves are going to win this one. This Cup will be for all the bash teams that can inflict CAS and still win the games.

Unlike other tournaments - this one is going to reward teams for pushing other into OT just to get a few more CAS - yes...this is only for the most brutal and most terrorizing of teams!

More details below:
- Standard KO tournament

- Prize is awarded to team that ends the tournament with the most CAS inflicted (as shown on the match summary) - so *probably* a team that makes it to the finals, but not necessarily.

- Prize would be dependent on number of entering teams - need at least 32 teams for there to be a prize - which would be fan favorite given to the player that inflicted the most CAS on the team that inflicted the most CAS. If more than 64 teams, then Fan Favorite + Foul Appearance to that player.

- Since prize is given for inflicting injury, fouling often and certainly fouling on T16 is encouraged. In addition, taking a game to OT just to inflict more CAS is also a viable option.

- No stunty teams are allowed to enter.

- Any coach that concedes a game will be banned from all tournaments for no less than 6 months.

- No forfeits will be given during the tournament, all games must be played.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The Blood Sea Buccaneers B side crew is in some back water port on the far side of the planet.

They feel the "pull" of chaos, it enflames their souls.

Next morning they pull anchor and head off to Erengrad under full sail. They will do battle for the carnage cup and leave a swath of dead pixels across the pitch on their way to winning this!!!

The pull of chaos is to great.

Blood Sea Buccaneers B side crew are on their way to dominate and destroy all before them.

Oh, what? You want to see some credentials for entry? Fine!!!

Back to Back HLP top CAS producing human team.

Buccaneers are the TOP scoring DMU team of ALL TIME!!!! Yeah, those dudes are ranked but our B side guys are just as nasty.

Need more?

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2016 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

2 Things to know about the Carnage Cup.

#1 Yes, scoring is based on CAS BUT in order to win this thing you still need to win your matches. The final 4 teams will most likely have the best shot to win this based on their total CAS count. I do not see a team knocked out in the early rounds having a shot at this.

#2 In order for Azure to hand out prizes at the end of this we need 32 teams and if we hit 64 teams the prize will be beefed up some more. Also it is in the works that not just the winner gets a prize. Maybe the final 4 will get something handed out to them.

Finally the tournament needs to be in even numbers with no BYE's. So a 16, 32, 64 or 128 team tournament. Azure is the admin and will sort the teams and so forth.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2016 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

On March 16th applications will be accepted for the Carnage Cup...which will start on the 23rd. This is not any normal brawl...not at all.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2016 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Altdorf, the capital and heart of the lands of man. The night sky is dark, no moon, yet a faint green glow can be scene in the heavens.

The dark comet has arrived!!!

The citizens cry out in fear as the comets green tail comes into view. Just viewing the comet sends the citizens into a panic. They scurry back into their homes and lock all the doors and windows, pull out their swords from under the beds and prepare for the worse.

The emperor stands on his balcony, flanked by wizards and generals. Watching the comet come into view over the eastern horizon. They move into the war room and begin to prepare.

Milford is sitting in some dark forest with the wizard around a camp fire. He looks up into the sky and can see the green glow from the comet light up the night sky. He looks over at the Wizard and change is coming over him. He spends every minute of the day reading that dark tome. The glow from the comet and the fire sends illusions of light over the wizards face, he can sense he is changing, his soul is becoming corrupt and Milford thinks to himself this might not end well for him.

All across the old world, in the back alleys and the dark forests, there is a awakening of Chaos. Teams begin their trek to the north to once again do battle on the grid iron, bask in the glory of the Lords and Gods of Chaos and continue the legacy of the Carnage Cup.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2016 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Some crazed fanatic Blood Bowl fan wants to know, Where do I apply my team for the Carnage Cup?

He then stares into the sky, spit drooling off his warpstone dust laced lips, he watches the Dark Comet and has dreams of carnage and glory.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Folks - the time as come. If you want to be part of the Carnage Cup...it is a standard KO tournament with the added twist that a prize is also given out for the team that inflicts the most CAS and some additional gold for the teams that make it to the semi-finals.

If you want to be part - time to apply is now!

Apply HERE.
Timetis

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I've applied undead. They must be the bashiest team I got, and it'll make for some merciless zombies when we get to booting the killers!
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Sea Buccaneers B side crew arrives in the port of Erengrad and start the trek north to the Wastes.

It seems some shambling undead crew is following us about a mile behind since they have no idea where they are going.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The Dark wizard opens up the tome and begins to read

The first thing to remember is that the Carnage Cup is a standard KO tournament. That is the basics of it - the only real difference is that a prize is given out to the team that inflicts the most CAS during the tournament. So you want to win your games - but if you want the prize, you also have to inflict the most CAS.

So, apply with your most brutal team...or apply with those sneaky elves that think these big bruisers are easy targets Smile

I will be taking the highest 16/32/64 teams based on TV. So there are no byes.
- To be clear, the winner is still the team that wins the tournament - they get the tag line on their page saying they won the Carnage Cup.
- The prize (if 32 teams, Fan Favorite; if 64 teams, Fan Favorite + Foul Appearance) goes to the team that inflicted the most CAS (to the player on that team that inflicted the most CAS).
- To keep it fair, I will do my best to have everyone play same number of games - hence no byes, and not accepting applications from halfling or goblin teams. Everyone else is welcome.

Extra GOLD is also allocated to the final four teams - since the tournament promotes extra bloodletting, a bit of extra revenue comes in from the expected massive crowds.
2 semi-finalist losers: 50k gold
1 runner-up: 100k gold
1 winner: 200k gold

So if you are looking for a no-holds barred tournament where anything goes to rack up those amazing squish sounds - APPLY HERE

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well maybe I was to hasty in deciding to bring the Bucs B side crew.

These guys might be better joining the Carnage cup.

Dark Sea Raiders A hard hitting dark elf team with MB/PO, some more MB and dirty players.

I might have to think about this.

Buccaners B side for comparison

Still leaning towards the Bucs though.

Give me you thoughts.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well right off the bat we know this.

WMD in the Box
Buccanners
and some nameless shambling horde of zombies are headed north.

Are you going to make the trek?

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2016 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow Almighty Claw II have applied and we have a cool logo for showing off Wink