51 coaches online • Server time: 15:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Not being at the mercy of others to get games really is the main reason for me.
When I see in ranked how I can give up generously advantageous games to my opponents, am already cutting down on my bash wherever i can, have to rip my leg off to make my teams look less competitive and can still wait for at least half an hour to get a game where i have to be grateful to play 190 tv up, because my opponent didn't feel like conceeding a wiz and a babe to me with a different matchup, I know why I prefer the box. There are of course always the rookies that accept ANY game. But that's no fun.
I guess I can say that box is just a more enjoyable experience for me. Always.
Timetis

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

For me my mindset is that I try to be as competitive as I can while still having the feel of a fair game for both parties. I avoid going all-in with one-trick ponies [my words] like cpomb/natural oneturners/minmax, and I try keeping the same teams alive for a long [indefinite?] period of time. I do enjoy winning though; )

To me, any game I have played in ranked has felt a bit lacking - I will always wonder whether I took/offered an unfair match. Box fully removes this aspect, which I enjoy.

To all those mentioning the 15/30 game limits - build broad teams, and the amount of bash at any tv really isnt that bad in EU times. In my opinion.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean by "build broad teams"?
Timetis

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
What do you mean by "build broad teams"?

Yeah thats a bit vague - I meant build teams that can handle all kinds of opposition, and in general, have more than 11 players.
DeathJester74

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I play to shred teams. I enjoy destroying the other pixels that my opponent has invested hours and hours into building up! Coaches try to play it off like they don't care but those are the ones who care the most! I usually don't even pick up the ball, I only care about getting as many CAS as possible and ruining as many teams/players as I can!!!
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:
I play to shred teams. I enjoy destroying the other pixels that my opponent has invested hours and hours into building up! Coaches try to play it off like they don't care but those are the ones who care the most! I usually don't even pick up the ball, I only care about getting as many CAS as possible and ruining as many teams/players as I can!!!

You only play this way, because its the only way you can justify being so horrible on offence. No offence...... Pun intended! XD

Jeffro
DeathJester74

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
DeathJester74 wrote:

You only play this way, because its the only way you can justify being so horrible on offence. No offence...... Pun intended! XD

I have shredded your team so many times I have lost track, you are no match for me as I have proven time and time again!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 17:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:

How are you doing in the Carnage Cup?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Throweck

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:

So you are openly admitting breaking site rules. Admins?

Why this mindset then DJ? Stick with the thread.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I almost only play in the box. In Ranked, when your opponent see more than 1 player with MB, then you can't get a match or if you have more than about 3 games of winingstreak going.

I play the box, because it is easy to get a game, and I don't mind facing a CPOMB team once in awhile. I have build one CD team at about value 165, to be a buffer for my smaller and fun to play teams. I have Norse/Lizards/UD/Humans at the moment, but I play to get even more variety in my race-selection, but I am not a AG4 coach. Plain and simple. At the moment I have a great challenge with my humanteam with the record 0/3/5 and getting hit off the pitch with many stats decreases following. I still play them, because I like playing humans. I don't win much with them, but it is okay, because I do that with other teams. I lost 3 Catchers in the first 7 games, and still play on. And I don't put catchers in hittingrange besides blitzes.

back to the point. I like the Box, easy to get games, and I find a good variety of opponents. Maybe that variety came about in another tread, where people was tired of coaches who only activated one team at a time. That tread seemed to help.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think Gamefinder is that bad, what makes it bad for me is trying to build teams for tourneys, and with as few matches as possible on top of that. So when I have enough of tourneys I'll surely try Ranked playing just for the fun of it, like madvig is doing with his Skaven, just keeps greenlighting everything, currently playing against JigerJones' 1850k Chaos that even have TacklePOMB. Kudos to that!
DeathJester74

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
DeathJester74 wrote:

How are you doing in the Carnage Cup?

I was not allowed to enter, I was deemed "too violent" to participate. I am on another level.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

My main motivation is that its so much quicker and easier to get a game. Also I do believe the standard of play is higher and you get better matches - in general. Although sometimes you have to put up with cpomb spam, it is in my opinion way less frequent than some people seem to imagine.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 21:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:
I was not allowed to enter, I was deemed "too violent" to participate. I am on another level.

Yeah, I think a number of the regular box griefers lost their bottle when it came to the carnage cup. Pixel huggers eh? Go figure Razz

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
DeathJester74 wrote:

Yeah, I think a number of the regular box griefers lost their bottle when it came to the carnage cup. Pixel huggers eh? Go figure Razz

Was that something that actually happend?
 Jump to: