40 coaches online • Server time: 14:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Luck Rules
1: Your ‘Bad Dice’ are not the fault of your opponent.
2: Your opponents ‘Good Dice’ are not the fault of your opponent.
3: Your opponent does not usually think your dice are as bad as you think they are.
4: Your opponent does not usually think his dice are as good as you think they are.
5: Any roll can succeed on a six no matter how unlikely it is.
6: Any roll can fail on a one no matter how easy it should be.
7: Re-rolls will fail sometimes.
8: Every other Coach has suffered from this at sometime in the past.
9: Most other coaches understand when you are truly having bad luck but there is nothing they can do that will help ease your frustration.
10: It is a dice game.
extra point: "The RNG is programmed to reward better play. If your first action of a turn is a 1 dice block with a player with no skills the RNG will not like that so will cause you to fail on average 1 in 3 times. However if you start with a 2dice block on an unskilled opponent the RNG will approve and award you with a knockdown 75% of the time. But if it's in a bad mood it may still fail you, in my experience this happens 1 in 36 times." by spubbbba

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 09:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I assume your talking about this game https://www.fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3793259?

10 3+ dodges made of which 6 failed?

Unfortunate for sure but hardly enough to consider the dice as being the problem.

Before looking to the dice why not look at your play style first? I would start by missing the easy 2d block on the ball carrier in the second half beacause u were makeing un nessasary GFI's with other players first!

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
I assume your talking about this game https://www.fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3793259?

Unfortunate for sure but hardly enough to consider the dice as being the problem.

Before looking to the dice why not look at your play style first? I would start by missing the easy 2d block on the ball carrier in the second half beacause u were makeing un nessasary GFI's with other players first!

Nah I mean in general I feel like a lot of my box games go like that. Where as in BB2 and Ranked I feel like I get away with a lot of "elf bullshit" with my humans. Like I remember so many times of pulling off plays with long strings of 4+s and plays where I win because the other guy snaked or dub skulled on the last turn. It just feels like I am luckier in BB2 and Ranked than in Box
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sequence of moves, and dice therein is pretty important.

As an example, turn 5 first half you move your thrower to within 1 square of the orc thrower and then proceed to 1d block to clear a small path (needed at least a pow-push or the next dodge is 4+), then dodge out a blitzer to assist, and then attempt to dodge another blitzer out to make the hit.

At that point you roll 2, and reroll 2.

But your sequence is already 4+/3+/3+ (and the hit on the orc thrower ranges from 2+ to 5+ depending on what you deem an acceptable outcome).

If you were determined to hit the orc thrower that turn a better way may have been to gfi with the thrower, then blitz (with a gfi) with the blitzer you moved last, giving the sequence 2+/3+/2+

Be more aware of your surroundings too - second half after you scored you were making GFI in a blizzard (3+) to open your turns - turning "free moves" into dice rolls.

Sometimes I find it helps if you think you were particularly unlucky on a turn to go and plug what you did into http://www.elyoukey.com/sac/

It's sometimes surprising what is "better".

[edit] Another thing to consider may be your standard of opponent. "Elf magic" with humans can and will beat a lot of people, but eventually you will start playing people who've seen enough of those turns where humans make every single 3+ dodge and then play a 5+ pass/punt to score the next turn.

That doesn't necessarily mean they can do anything to stop it if the dice are right, but they can make the dice you need a lot worse.

Lastly - if you know it's sub-optimal, why expect it to work?! Just be happy when it does, and understand it's a shot to nothing when it doesn't Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Not when it's a misclick.

Let Spiro mansplain.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
Not when it's a misclick.

Let Spiro mansplain.

oh gods yes well put sir

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:

Oh the stupid GFI in the snow was a misclick
thoralf

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:

That can't be true, since you failed it.

A more reasonable interpretation is that you really wanted to do the GFI, but got censored by your inner censor. Lapsus manum etc.
Seany18

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:

Nah I mean in general I feel like a lot of my box games go like that. Where as in BB2 and Ranked I feel like I get away with a lot of "elf bullshit" with my humans. Like I remember so many times of pulling off plays with long strings of 4+s and plays where I win because the other guy snaked or dub skulled on the last turn. It just feels like I am luckier in BB2 and Ranked than in Box

As someone who has lost to human teams that make these 3+s like they're nothing I'm glad nuffle is clamping down on this shenanigans Twisted Evil
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
ph0enyx13 wrote:

That can't be true, since you failed it.

A more reasonable interpretation is that you really wanted to do the GFI, but got censored by your inner censor. Lapsus manum etc.

It was a missclick, but I realized I did it. Missclicks only work when you don't realize you did it.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Seany18 wrote:
ph0enyx13 wrote:

As someone who has lost to human teams that make these 3+s like they're nothing I'm glad nuffle is clamping down on this shenanigans Twisted Evil

Nuffle once punished me for deleting my Khemri team with a game where my humans took like 8 turns to pick up the ball between the 2 halves and the one or two times they did manage to get the ball they failed a pass or hand off
thoralf

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
Missclicks only work when you don't realize you did it.

Fair enough, if by a misclick we mean something that implies a just noticeable difference between a voluntary move and an involuntary move.

However, what makes you think that there was not a part in you that wanted to mess up with your game and provoke a mistake from your part?
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, because I get really really pissed when I lose due to "bad dice" I mean usually I can tell between A. I am playing bad B. I am playing bad and the dice aren't helping and C. nuffle hates me

This may be related to me telling Nuffle to get fucked when the SoBs lost the CoS on the coin flip.
Timetis

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think my humans ever failed a 3+, how is your relationship to our overlord, nuffle? You could try some poem blogs, check keggie for examples, to win his love.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2016 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
I am playing bad B. I am playing bad and the dice aren't helping and C. nuffle hates me

Perhaps Nuffle is pulling a Libet by making you believe that you're the one who plays your moves.
 Jump to: