45 coaches online • Server time: 10:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How much is removing a negatrait worth?
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
29%
 29%  [ 19 ]
17%
 17%  [ 11 ]
23%
 23%  [ 15 ]
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
an apple pie
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 64

zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Diddyboy wrote:
if you are allowed to remove negatraits then we have the question of vampires. to get rid of bloodlust is huge and well worth 40-60k

This is a different question, and the rule as suggested by WB would only apply to Big Guys, which don't include vampires.

On the other hand, Vamps hardly have any decent double choice, so that would add some new horizons for the team. Some would argue that it would make them too powerful, but it's not that the team is overpowered to begin with.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd pay 30k to take off really stupid on a BoN. 60k is hogwash. More than a +str for making a BG not a burden? Really? No skills or stats with a selection. Just removal of a trait that probably shouldn't be there at all.

Outside of 5-6 teams in the entire game BG's aren't worth there tv. And they get even more inefficient with the option. So you add 60k just to make them reliable and with that alone all of them except trolls are 200 tv+ just for that?
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

obviously some negatraits are worse than others. I'd be fine with 20k and normal roll. Opens up the variety on big buys.

though I can see that being too light on vampires.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well we already have examples of big guys with the loner negatrait removed.

How do the ogre team ogres and fling team treemen compare to their human/chaos pact and wood elf counterparts?

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Well we already have examples of big guys with the loner negatrait removed.

How do the ogre team ogres and fling team treemen compare to their human/chaos pact and wood elf counterparts?

uh completely forgot about trees. Getting rid of take root would be a thing too.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

more seriously, it's a double, so 30k

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If this is based on my rule suggestions, remember big guys can get 2x mighty blow. I can't remember what else right now,maybe cost breaks. The removal on top of that makes them more and more viable.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

AFAIK in the pricing guide the negaskills only give a 10-20k discount. Maybe that's one of the reasons that Big guys feel so overcosted.
Anyway, voted 40K. I think.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

i feel there have been some interesting thoughts in this thread. Maybe we could consider Loner and the rest of negatraits separatedly. Loner adds unreliability and general uselesness to the team, while the rest of the negatraits are important character and fluff skills.

Suggestion would be that Remove Loner is a normal skill (20k) and that Remove Negatrait is a double skill (30k).

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played several long seasons back in the day with Big Guys who could use rerolls.
IMO it is a bigger deal than you'd think.
The ability to take that GFI, to block earlier in the turn, and even to reroll when you need a knockdown... It felt like a huge deal when we went back to 'loner'.
Cheers
Martin
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 23:06
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I dislike the concept of Loner, except for on journeymen. I don't think Big Guys should have it. That said, I think it's the worst negatrait next to Wild Animal, and removing it should be as valuable. I think they should all be doubles really.

I'd allow it on Vamps too. It's great for them, but competing with a lot of other skills and stats. Would you remove BL over +Str or +Ma on a vamp if you rolled double 5 or 6? Tough call

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Medon

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

What about getting rid of secret weapon on a death roller. That would be AWESOME!!! Same applies to goblin fanatic.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2016 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

People seem to be assuming that all skills are equal worth to all players. Or even that all skills have equal worth. It should have the same cost as a double. At 50k it would be a trap.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2016 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Talking about rolls, and what you'd align negtrait removal. I'm now personally playing: normals, doubles, + MA, ST, AG the same, but +AV on a 9 and traits on an 8 and I absolutely love it.
 Jump to: