40 coaches online • Server time: 10:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Grotty Little Tournament **

Hello FUMBBL fans, it is I, Milford, your humble and peoples champion of all things majors related.

It is time for the 3rd Ranked major of the season. What in da heck is going on around this joint? Warpstone Open and Ulthuan both won by Lizardmen, serious? No, Iam deadly serious, LIZARDMEN!!!!
It has become clear to me that the Lizardmen population is out of control. It is time, once again, to hunt them down and cull the herd. The price for Lizardmen meat is going to plummet in Cathay as "we" flood" the market with fresh meat. (More on this at a later date.)

Once again I take residence up at the posh Ritz Altdorf pent house suite. The last two majors I revoked the open door policy for FUMBBL fans to drop on by but I got really bored hanging out with no one to talk to. So for the GLT the open door policy, come on by and hang out with Milford "chilling" in the penthouse, is once again in effect.

Well, lets get down to the business at hand and it is serious business.

It is time to apply for the GLT but what qualifier should I go for?

Lets break it down.

High TV Qualifier This qualifier only takes teams with a TV of 1900+. This qualifier is the jack of all trades qualifier and should be filled to the brim.

Speciality Qualifier This group will have 3 Groups for coaches with a CR of 165+ and one group for stunties. Now I have been told if not enough coaches fill the CR165+ groups and enough stunties apply then the stunties might get 2 qualifiers. My gut says if you have a CR of 165+ this is the group for you, just because it is likely you will have a easier path in terms of total matches to play in qualifier to reach the main draw.

Old Teams Qualifier This is the group when the long in the tooth teams come out to play once again. It is also the group that teams that just meet the threshold of 40+ games show up in and pick on the old grey beards. Be warned though, if your team is sitting on 41 total games and enough teams apply, you might be sitting out in front of the stadium begging for copper instead of playing in the tournament.

Forlorn Races This is the group for all races who have never won a major. This is your shot at fame and immortality as the coach who finally un forlorns a race. Oh, you do not know what races are forlorn? Glad Iam around are you not?

the Forlorn Races are defined as any race that has NEVER won a major. these races are: Chaos Pact; Goblin; Halfling; Khemri; Norse; Ogre(CRP); Slann; Undead and Underworld.

So, now is the time to get your team set, figure out which group to apply to and storm the GLT!!!

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

Hello FUMBBL fans, I have been walking around the row of a 100 taverns, getting the pulse of the GLT and watching the fans roll into the capital for the big tournament. The Row is starting to pick up as thousands of fans from across the old world are showing up daily.

I ran across a very interesting kiosk that some merchant set up. It is called the 1000 game club gear. He has fan gear for all the specs who are showing up and anticipating the old teams qualifier group. Get what just might be their last chance to see their favorite old team on the pitch once again in a match of some meaning. Dreams of one of the ancient teams on FUMBBL winning the GLT swimming in their brains.

He has fan gear for the following clubs, including a womens line for each team that is good for Humans, Elfs, Orcs, Ogres, dwarfs and Halflings.

Here are the teams, the legendary 1000+ games club.

Sleeper in Metropolis
Left my Heart in San Fransico
Angry Newcasters
Hellbound Charitoeers
Nandorins
Clint Eastwood Roles
Blood Sea Buccaneers
Cubic
New Baby Dolls
Rotten Flesh is our Ecstasy
Shmerztal Darkbones
Khornes Scorn
Death Valley Daze

He has one massive selection to choose from. He is located in front of the Rusty Trident Pub. So head on down and get your fan gear for this years GLT.

This weekend he will have the Mighty Zug on hand signing autographs. Bring your beer stained Reavers game day jersey down to him and he will autograph it for free.

Monday he has Gromstomp Limb Render of the Buccaneers on hand for autographs and then on Tuesday he has the great DeMaio of the Hellbound on hand. He will be giving lessons on how to properly chug a 28oz stein of beer and not stain your new game day gear.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford: did anyone already unforlorn vamps? You did not mention them...
MrNomad

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

KingVan did in Blackcup VII with his New Vamps on the Blood.
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The Boys in the Hood are gathering momentum before the 1000game mark. Not long left until this milestone of a game
PainState

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the row of a 100 Taverns **

Iam sitting in one of the high class joints on the row and drinking a fruity drink with an umbrella, having a nice conversation with Dhaktokh and watching the "people". I went over the list of the 1000+ match teams and it seems that half of them are not going to make it due to retirement. I can confirm 2 of them are in the Old Teams Qualifier and one of them is in the 1900+ TV group.

Will the Nandorins come on out and give it a go? Are the darkbones going to be able to move and make it to the tournament? Are the Hellbound stuck on the hellbound road with a blown chariot wheel and miss it? So many questions.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2016 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

OH MY FUMBBL FANS!!! THE CARNAGE IS HUGE today as the old teams are getting in some prep matches and for two teams it was devastation of the highest order.

3 of the 4 teams in these matches have applied to the GLT Old Teams Qualifier. Is this a taste of what is about to come?

Boys in the Hood
VS
Warpheadz

CPOMB decimation of the highest order is laid down on the heads of the Boys. 2 Dead and and 2 perms are laid out. The Boys after the match go off in the locker room, screaming to the heavens at the evil and vile CPOMB.

The pain and agony

Trichloro Goes off in a wild kill all menz rage and inflicts 6 CAS on 11 Blocks. Some one needs to kill this guy!

Then later during the day this happened.

Hellbound Charioteers
VS
Dankest Chaos Kill-team

This time it is the Hellbound who enter the meat grinder. Chariots on fire, death and destruction. 4 Hellbound are killed and a perm damage is laid out.

The dead shall rise again!

If this is what the Old Team qualifiers are going to look like, well, maybe that 1900+ TV group is not looking so bad after all.

Very Happy Surprised Shocked

Post   Posted: May 08, 2016 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You have applied for the GLT by now, right?

Post   Posted: May 08, 2016 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Will the Nandorins come on out and give it a go? Are the darkbones going to be able to move and make it to the tournament? Are the Hellbound stuck on the hellbound road with a blown chariot wheel and miss it? So many questions.

We are sitting pretty at 1.498 games and have had talks with PeteW and the Ultimate Superheroes about playing game 1.500 vs them.

So it is unclear right now if we will join the GLT

Post   Posted: May 08, 2016 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Earlier today my Dankest fought the Warpheadz and it did not end well for the rats ... Razz

Post   Posted: May 08, 2016 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Lame to Fame will join the GLT and try to win back to back Majors. The question is which bracket to apply for ...
- Forlorn Races? No after the lizard dominance this year, that is not an option
- Old Teams? Maybe next year, with 69 games the team just dont feel "old" yet - especially not when i still sniggle at 69 ... no not old at all.
- High TV? Well the team is over 2000 tv, so that could be a possibility
- High CR? The coach looks at his CR ... looks at his coach standing .... looks at his team captain polishing his Ring of Nuffle. Hell yeah, Lame to Fame will try at the high CR qualifier - onwards on the march to Fame.

And the team will most likely get annihilated in the first round.
asteflix

Post   Posted: May 08, 2016 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState enters the tavern. Sitting alone at the back is the coach of the Dankest Chaos Kill-Team , which notice the somewhat famous human entering the decrepit place.

''Oh hello PainState , mind doing a quick game ? I know we're both trying to get one more in before the GLT.'' he says as he checks the Buccaneers in the gamefinder.

Coach hears a sound notifying him that a game was proposed. He quickly accepts , yet when he realizes who he would be fighting, quickly turns around and runs away. Laughing
PainState

Post   Posted: May 08, 2016 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

asteflix wrote:
PainState enters the tavern. Sitting alone at the back is the coach of the Dankest Chaos Kill-Team , which notice the somewhat famous human entering the decrepit place.

''Oh hello PainState , mind doing a quick game ? I know we're both trying to get one more in before the GLT.'' he says as he checks the Buccaneers in the gamefinder.

Coach hears a sound notifying him that a game was proposed. He quickly accepts , yet when he realizes who he would be fighting, quickly turns around and runs away. Laughing

Oh man, come on, I would not do that. I had to run because Iam up at work and something big came up and I knew I would not be able to play in a reasonable amount of time.

Very Happy Surprised

Post   Posted: May 08, 2016 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well FUMBBL fans I woke up this morning with a nice stroll down the sewer known as the row of a 100 Taverns. Picked up some java and wandered around amazed at how many specs where passed out in the gutters.

I rounded a corner because there was massive cheers going on. I looked down the corner and there was a hole in the wall pub, place was going nutz and still packed. I checked my coin purse and hid it in my Griff Oberwald autographed jock strap I wear for walks and proceeded down the alley.

I come up to the door and the largest Orc bouncer I have ever scene barred my way, this dude made the Legendary Pantheon look like a welp. He turned and looked down at me, I could tell he was seriously drunk. Suddenly he starts yelling and hollering that Milford is here to record this epic day. He grabs me and practically flings me into the pub.

I "fly" into the pub, collect my self and suddenly a stein of ale is stuffed into my hands. I look around and Iam stuck in some alternate universe, surreal surroundings. The place is packed with over 800 snotlings and goblins. They are dancing and drinking and going crazy in their high pitch childish language they speak.

Over in the corner is this snotling who is sitting on a high chair. A gold crown on his head, which does not fit and he is all excited and animated. I mover closer.

At the base of his high chair is the helmets of two Chaos Warriors. He keeps jumping up and down and stomping the helmets. Over in the corner is cabalvision ball playing over and over on a endless loop this snotling laying out two of the most vicious fouls I have scene in a long time.

The snotlings have decided they are now the kings of the Blood Bowl and they are scrambling to form up a all snotling team to storm the GLT with Vile Lightning as their team captain.

After another round of Ale I get the blow by blow recap of the domination this snotling laid out on the WMD in the Box.

I have to say Iam impressed

Vile Lightning has now topped this snotling tale of heroics. Krikack and the snotling, a tale of woe

Post   Posted: May 08, 2016 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

KFoged wrote:
PainState wrote:

We are sitting pretty at 1.498 games and have had talks with PeteW and the Ultimate Superheroes about playing game 1.500 vs them.

So it is unclear right now if we will join the GLT

Here is what you should do. Get match 1499 VS PeteW and then have match 1500 be the first round of the GLT old teams group.

DO IT!!!