44 coaches online • Server time: 17:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to take?
Stand Firm
29%
 29%  [ 13 ]
Pass
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Accurate
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Foul appearance
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Very Long Legs
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Other (please post what and why)
43%
 43%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 44

RobtheUncreative

Post   Posted: May 31, 2004 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

All very good suggestions. Dodge, two heads, good for ballhandling and blitzing. an extra point of movement is always handy as well. Though I think you've all ruled out one choice, if I may be so bold, the obvious choice. With AG4 this Chaos Warrior will obviously be in possession of the ball quite a bit, and I believe he could use some skills that could help him get possession of said ball. THUS, YOU HEATHENS THE OBVIOUS CHOICE ON DOUBLES FOR THIS PLAYER IS DIVING CATCH!!!
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: May 31, 2004 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd say just save a reroll for his dodges, - he's not going to fail many with ag4, so imo, stand firm is useless. with str 4, you might as well kill the person in front of you with a blitz, so i'd go claw.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

foul appearance, then go for pass block, he'll be able to doge out of a tz easily enough, and put the catcher/passer under pressure with that FA, also has a 33% chance of an intercept.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the freak, go for FA, and then you'll have two goes at stuffing up a passing play.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Although the conventional wisdom is that Big Hand is redundant on AG4, the ability to blitz in, get 2 dice on the average ball carrier, then 2+ pickup the ball from two tackle zones and 2+ dodge out to end with the ball in ST 4 hands is no small matter!

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

deathgerbil wrote:
i'd say just save a reroll for his dodges, - he's not going to fail many with ag4, so imo, stand firm is useless. with str 4, you might as well kill the person in front of you with a blitz, so i'd go claw.

Just out of curiosity, is there any time that you wouldn't recommend claw on doubles?

*looks at deathgerbil's chaos teams

Ah, I see, it's ok to pick RSC if the player already has claw or mb. Wink

Seriously, though, if you are going for a bashy chaos team, Deathgerbil is right. If you aren't going for the "victory through carnage" approach, I'd go with VLL. He will make both an excellent ballcarrier and pass blocker that way. If you want to break into cages, get leap then multiblock - with enough guarders you can get a two die block on both the ballcarrier and the player at the corner of the cage.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend claw. Once you get a single claw, MB, or DP on a chaos team, nobody will play you except for dwarves/orcs/khemri/etc. Even with a harmless chaos team, it can still be difficult to get games against elves. You can make it easier by making a comment like "non-bashy chaos looking for a game" and putting something about going for "TD ahead of cas" in your team bio. Picking claw seems like a great way to get yourself relegated because you can't find games.
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

In the end Nurgle wanted me to take foul appearance.

Thanks for all the replies. I considered both Stand Firm and leap for a long time but I really, really wanted a mutation. Fluff-reasons forced me into FA, even if VLL was very tempting.

VLL was just not Nurgly enough for me. I saved it for the next double for the guy. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

quite frankly, i find most elf coaches won't play you even if you don't have any injury modifiers, - their find something to complain about. the best one i've head was "You have too many chaos warriors!" - 4 chaos warriors, no real skills on them yet on a very new chaos team.

If you want to play a team without mb's, dps, or claws, find another race, - chaos are meant to cause some destruction, thats why their not agility 4 and movement 8-9. if you play like an elf when you're not an elf race, your team will be little more than fodder for cherrypicker elves. you're not going to be able to win the games you play against the elves, and if you play against anything other than elves, you'll get annihilated.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Which is why my old Chaos team that played the non-attrition way had a record of 26/4/4. Beat elves by caging and good defensive blitzes not by destroying them.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

As Chaos you should not try and adopt Elf-play but it is my firm belief that there are more roads to victory than claw/rsf.

A cage is a cage, with multiple guards and sure hands (no strip ball) it is far from easy for elves to get to the ball.

Foul Appearances are useful, as are tentacles on a warrior etc etc.

Of course it requires a little more thought than "whom shall I kill with my piling on/claw/rsf dude this turn" but that is something I do not mind. Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

leap

Recordopedia Spluttanica

Last edited by Zweiblumen on %b %01, %2004 - %08:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Aries

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Tentacles... mmmm dodge out and stick him on people you dont want moving Smile
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass is far superior to accurate on a team without any agility access (you want to save the team rerolls for the catch or any gfis).

I'd have taken tentacles. AG4 dodging with that and passblock is more useful than a single foul appearance against elves.
bluetooth

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO leap is a brilliant choice. If you don't like leap, then take NOS.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2004 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I got an ag5 chaos warrior with block and pass block, I've figured I'd get thim VLL if he gets double on his next roll, since I think mobility is what he's lacking the most. It will also make him intercept on 3+, which isnt bad with pass block. I'm wondering what to give him though if I only roll a normal skill. I was thinking maybe guard or mb, but I usually don't send him straight into the action so that'd be wasted. Tackle or strip ball would make him more of a blitzer type, which isn't bad since he's usually hanging somewhere in the back field. However, his ma5 doesn't allow him to cover a lot of ground. Another choice would be kick, since I've lost my kicker and as I've said he lacks the mobility to make very good use of blitzer type skills. Any ideas?