40 coaches online • Server time: 12:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xerode

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm starting a Necromantic team in a 10 game league. My experience with Necro has been in places like Ranked, where their slow development curve is mitigated by the fact you can just spam games until they get to a good point.

In low TV matches, what are good strategies? I can't work out if I should be man-marking with Zombies or just use them to make an annoying wall to break through, and then use Wights and Wolves to bring down key players and retreat if possible.

Who are the best Necro coaches? I'm trying to find replays from TV1000 to watch, and learn as best as I can!
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I would try to shunt teams down the sides where your stand firm and frenzy will be hard to deal with.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Necro are not that different from a lot of other teams at TV1000. Though it depends on how you plan to build them to start.

If you eschew ghouls for FGs for example, you would play them more like orcs, if you eschew FGs for ghouls then you need to play them more like Humans.

I prefer to start with 2 wolves, 2 FGs, and one wight. That lets you start with 3rrs and 6 zombies. Of course you can be disadvantaged if your AG3 guys get hurt, so you have to play a bit more safely with them than you otherwise might.

You are pretty turn over prone there too, since you only have one guy with block, but you blitz with the wight (unless you can surf generally) and try to get 2 TDs on one wolf to get him started.

I add the 2nd wight at some point, but never add ghouls (my preference, it's not really a better or worse thing, just how you play your team).

In game is totally matchup dependent. You can man mark a lot in some cases, and clearly sometimes you will not want to do this, but since you are mostly MA4 AG2 this is often dictated to you by your opponent anyway.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can master conservative play then you can start with 2 wights, which will help a bit and perhaps conserve that additional reroll with the extra block.

2 Werewolves
2 Flesh Golems
2 Wights
5 Zombies
2 Rerolls
Total 980k

I like to get some ghouls at some point, though more than 1 is a luxury. They die often but are easy to skill up and make great utility players. I much prefer e.g. to take wrestle / strip ball on a ghoul than I would on a wolf or wight, which I tend to take down the ball handling (wolf) or bone breaking (wolf hitting doubles, wights) routes.

Jump to: