18 coaches online • Server time: 02:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2016 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I'm thinking along the lines of buffer overload... which would be a problem with the interpreter... which in turn would mean... well try the 32 bit version...
Dominik

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2016 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got the same problem and deinstalled and then did a fresh install of Java, but the client keeps crashing after a few minutes.

Sound was always off, I am using Win7 64 bit.
Dorfs_n_Gobbos

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Uninstalled, tried the 32 bit version, same problem.

I found a crash report, but I can't tell anything out of it except for exception code c0000005 although I couldn't find anything to fix it too. This time I didn't play any game and just run it on the Java Control Panel, which honestly I think makes it worse since it probably indicates a problem with the Java installation instead of my game.

http://pastebin.com/BXdtwrYP

Will try Java 7 and see what happens.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm, when you open the file from browser. Click on 'open with', select your java folder and javaws.exe
Dorfs_n_Gobbos

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Uhm, when you open the file from browser. Click on 'open with', select your java folder and javaws.exe

Alright, I ran it, left it running (without a match) to see if it crashes. Anything else I should do?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Dorfs_n_Gobbos wrote:
Wreckage wrote:

Alright, I ran it, left it running (without a match) to see if it crashes. Anything else I should do?

Well you ran it? you mean you're spectating?
If not try to spectate a game. Thats all.
Dorfs_n_Gobbos

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Well you ran it? you mean you're spectating?
If not try to spectate a game. Thats all.

Yeah I was. Although it did run for ~7 minutes which is an improvement to the previous ~4 minutes, it crashed again.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

grasping for straws here but...

go to java control panel check for temporary files... settings...

select NO COMPRESSION
the slider for size of temporary files set to MAX
and then DELETE THE ENTIRE TEMPORARY CACHE.

EDIT:
Oh, also make sure the folder temporary files are pointing to is not write protected... (generally should be the case)

Edit edit:
Even if you find everything else in order, deleting the temporary cache could still do the trick.
Dorfs_n_Gobbos

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
grasping for straws here but...

go to java control panel check for temporary files... settings...

select NO COMPRESSION
the slider for size of temporary files set to MAX
and then DELETE THE ENTIRE TEMPORARY CACHE.

EDIT:
Oh, also make sure the folder temporary files are pointing to is not write protected... (generally should be the case)

Edit edit:
Even if you find everything else in order, deleting the temporary cache could still do the trick.

Nope, still no dice.

Sorry for bothering you like this though. I'm sure it's a hassle, and thanks.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well since you still seem to be motivated... can you post another error log? One that uses javaws this time?
Dorfs_n_Gobbos

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Well since you still seem to be motivated... can you post another error log? One that uses javaws this time?

Will do, although it seems I didn't quite launch the previous one with javaws quite right, so now I'm doing it with the command prompt.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyways... whats your firewall, OS and antivirus situation? ...perhaps that will get us somewhere...

For all the guys who are having this issue, can you determine the timeline when this started to happen?
Was it after a Java upgrade? Perhaps a client update. Did it start at a specific date?
Do you recall installing any software or doing something specific?
b4nshee

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you are using java 8.101? Then it might be worth a shot to try java 8.102. If this doesn't solve your problem, pls go back to 101, thx. Smile

Thunder and lightning heading your way
Dorfs_n_Gobbos

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Anyways... whats your firewall, OS and antivirus situation? ...perhaps that will get us somewhere...

For all the guys who are having this issue, can you determine the timeline when this started to happen?
Was it after a Java upgrade? Perhaps a client update. Did it start at a specific date?
Do you recall installing any software or doing something specific?

I'm using Avira Antivirus, the free version. I haven't excepted anything to my firewall, guess I'll try that, but I don't really expect anything out of it. My OS is Win7 SP1 x64.

As for the timeframe, it basically has happened since the first time I played with the client. However, considering I hadn't launched anything else with java since its installation, it might not be a good idea to confer anything out of that too.

Also, javaws doesn't produce the same report as normal launch (at least in the same folder), it does however produce these two trace logs (in another folder) which are an absolute pain to read.

http://pastebin.com/ZXqzMkJD
http://pastebin.com/5FS7T3pf

b4nshee wrote:

I guess you are using java 8.101? Then it might be worth a shot to try java 8.102. If this doesn't solve your problem, pls go back to 101, thx. Smile

Yeah, I'm using 101, will try 102.

Edit: The client download is going amazingly slow with 102 (I just cleared everything again), will see if the bar ever gets to the end line.

Edit 2: Well the download finished and nope, still crashes. Going to try Java 7.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

You can try chat for a bit... https://widget.mibbit.com/?server=irc.fumbbl.com&channel=%23FUMBBL
Will allow you to test Java in an alternate setting and..
Perhaps one of the admins or even Christer is hanging about. Maybe they can help you.
 Jump to: