26 coaches online • Server time: 07:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

an idea - would it be possible (and would people like) to add an option so that when you are searching for game you can find one with or without overtime?

Maybe two additional tick boxes per team selection line so you opt to look for games in both, so as not to limit the games available?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't get overtime in standard ranked game though.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to see OT as standard in all the divisions. It would change how some people play the game.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I meant as an option when using gamefinder so you could look for games with or without overtime. It might depend on your playstyle or the team you were playing or the time you had available.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

What AD is saying is that a game MUST be scheduled through a tournament currently to have overtime enabled. The default for the client is no overtime. I don't know if this is something Christer could program or not, but that's the only way it would become possible. Even in tournaments, it's either enabled or disabled. There is no option for the players to choose at the start of the game.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure it's possible to code. It's also possible to apply OT rules to any type of tournamnet in League now. Whether C would take the time for it in ranked and whether he even would want that is another question. As much as I like ot, as it stands that might be a dividing factor in the gaming landscape.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

We had OT in the old KPL league and that was a round robin.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't matter what type of tournament you run, the point is you have to be playing in a tournament format where OT was enabled. You can easily run a tournament (such as Swiss format) where OT is not enabled.

Ranked Gamefinder and Blackbox Scheduler are NOT tournament formats.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
It doesn't matter what type of tournament you run, the point is you have to be playing in a tournament format where OT was enabled. You can easily run a tournament (such as Swiss format) where OT is not enabled.

Well, the client is basically recieving a bunch of data open which it sets the parameters how it's gonna play. It doesn't know it's playing a tournament. It just got a boolean value for doing or not doing overtime. If it retrieves data to do overtime, it does overtime.
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The very essence of ranked play means every game must follow the same rules or how can you rank teams fairly? If you want to play games outside the usual ranked parameters go play league??

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Cavetroll wrote:

Well, the client is basically recieving a bunch of data open which it sets the parameters how it's gonna play. It doesn't know it's playing a tournament. It just got a boolean value for doing or not doing overtime. If it retrieves data to do overtime, it does overtime.

I was simply clarifying the way things work now because there seemed to be some confusion over what is actually possible today. What you stated may be possible for Christer to program, but he would have to set something up to allow the data to be chosen by the participants at the time the game is set up. To my knowledge, that is not possible today under any division.

Also, sheepycollins has a good point. I tend to agree that all games in Ranked/Box should either be OT or not OT.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think offering another way for people to avoid playing each other is probably not a step forward for ranked.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Jedi_Knight_Amoeba wrote:
I would love to see OT as standard in all the divisions. It would change how some people play the game.

nope. nothing wrong with a good old fashioned draw

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Jedi_Knight_Amoeba wrote:

nope. nothing wrong with a good old fashioned draw

What if we play OT without a ball?

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2016 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

And stupid coin toss should be removed and replaced with penalty kicks. Each team fouls one player without assists and first armour break wins.