56 coaches online • Server time: 11:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState's recent league idea reminded me of one I had a while back, in which teams are made up entirely of Legend players. At the time, that would have needed countless builder matches to achieve. However, thanks to the new Custom Leagues, a true Legends League is now within our grasp.

Wait a sec, Anti... What do you mean?

With new custom rulesets, achieving a full roster of legend players is a breeze. Obviously, skill progression will HAVE to be unique, but what once took 10-15 builders can now be completed in 1 game. To achieve "Legend" status, all a player needs is 0 SPP.

But what's the point of playing, if everyone is maxed on skills? Well, for starters **Updated 10/11/16** Each player gains 4 skills after their first match. Not quite Legends, but certainly the cream of the rookie crop. And then, they continue to progress.

Super Star - 6 SPP
Legend - 16 SPP
Legend+ - 51 SPP
Legend++ - 76 SPP
Chosen of Nuffle - 176 SPP

Currently the league has a Custom Roster, available nowhere else. Warpstone Gorgers. What is this roster, you ask?

Gnoblar (0-16) 30k - MA 6, ST 2, AG 3, AV 6, Stunty, Right Stuff, Dodge (A access on normal rolls, everything else, M included on doubles)

Gnoblar Trapper (0-2) 80K - MA 6, ST 2, AG 3, AV 7, Dauntless, Dodge, Prehensile Tail, Regeneration, Stunty (AG access on normal, everything else, M included on doubles)

Warpstone Yowie (0-1) 160k - MA 5, ST 5, AG 1, AV 9, Always Hungry, Bone Head, Break Tackle, Loner, Mighty Blow, Throw Team-Mate (S access on normal, everything else, M included on doubles)

Ogre Gorger (0-4) 130k - MA 6, ST 4, AG 1, AV 9, Always Hungry, Frenzy, Throw Team-Mate (SM access on normal, everything else on doubles)

Re-Rolls: 60k

Other league rules:

*Money will never be an issue, each team starts with 1,000,000,000 cash. This cash will be for replacing players on the roster, only.

*Inducements, due to the previous rule, coaches are not allowed to transfer money into petty cash before a match. Thus, each team will be given 50,000 to spend on cards each match, and 150,000 to spend on all other inducements. The same Star Players will be allowed to both coaches, assuming they each choose the same star.

*Roster size, Seriously guys, this is NOT the league to min-max in. It's just not happening. Absolute minimum players on a roster is 14 (set by rule set), this allows up to 2 slots for Star Players, though I have a feeling most coaches would prefer a full 16 man roster.

*Overtime will happen, but only in the playoffs. These games are extremely challenging. They'll take long enough at 2 halves.

*Spiked Ball will be used in all matches. Our players are the best of the best, so the added threat of Ball! makes for a more exciting game

*Being that all players are Legends, ClawPOMB is being weakened. Claw does NOT stack with other skills to modify AV.

*Right Stuff negates Tackle on blocks

*Sneaky Git will act as guard on foul assists.

*Retiring of Healthy players is not allowed. Heck, these players are Legends, they deserve a death on the pitch. Exceptions will be made for stat losses on a case by case basis. If you have a player you want considered for retirement, then consult with the league commissioner (me) for a decision.

Recruiting: Seeking one League co-commissioner with knowledge of BB code,

Seeking, 15 coaches with plenty of free time on their hands, the goal is to set 2 conferences of 8 teams with a 7 week season. Ideally, I find 8 Euro timezone coaches, and 7 North American timezone coaches, and can split the league in such a manner.

All LRB rosters are welcome to join The Legend's League

Once a team is created, PM me and I'll work to get them into the league

Last edited by Antithesisoftime on Mar 16, 2017 - 17:55; edited 11 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

1 skill per spp.

....... no thx

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
1 skill per spp.

....... no thx
only to Legend. Every player on every roster will be starting at 6 SPP week 1.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, this actually sounds pretty funny. count me in, if you get enough other coaches

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds pretty fun, but alas I have to many kid commitments at the Mo.

Jeffro
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Shame keggie, would love to have you participate
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like fun, but I don't want to commit to league play right now. Open scheduling works better for me.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not asking too much, just one game a week
Endzone

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2016 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a cool idea but too much rl atm. Hope it works.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, i just want to get to a minimum of 8 coaches, just to see how teams of legends work against each other, and to get a season in the books.

Ideally, I'd like 16 total coaches, and have a full league, but for now, I'm simply aiming to get this off the ground.

By the way, anyone interested can create a team via the link in the first post, and apply to join
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in. Dark elf squad on the books. Has anyone else created a team yet?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

So far, that gives 2 teams.
I've also created a Splatling team for building purposes.
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean, cool idea, but you really should ban Nurgle. I mean that sincerely.

All legends nurgle is going to suck the fun out of life for everyone.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
I mean, cool idea, but you really should ban Nurgle. I mean that sincerely.

All legends nurgle is going to suck the fun out of life for everyone.
Reasonable suggestion.
Nurgle is banned
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2016 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Why ban nurgle? The kill stack nerf should keep them in check.
 Jump to: