24 coaches online • Server time: 04:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

As per GW usual policy, the boxed set only contains partial teams (2 blitzers per team, 2 black orcs, etc).

Do you guys know how it is possible to assemble the remaining parts WITHOUT resorting to buy a second BB starting Box (which would be, frankly, idiotic).

I know it is a stupid question, but stupid people like me can't find the answer. Sad

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

A few options:

1. Wait until GW release extra positionals. Unknown when this will happen.
2. Swap with someone else who has the box. Your Orcs for their humans, or vice versa. You both get one full team (except troll and goblins).
3. Use the provided players differently. Some are using the BoB and blitzer models as BoBs, then using 4 of the Orc linos as blitzers. Similarly with the humans.
4. Convert from other GW plastics. AoS Orruks are very close, but the humans are less simple to match.
5. Buy the missing players from 3rd party manufacturers, though then style and scale can be issues.
6. Use previous edition models. If you have 3rd ed box and this one, you have your 4 BoBs, blitzers, etc, but again, scale and style are off.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I head that there is already a booster pack for at least skaven team (you don't have to buy skaven pack twice, you'd buy 1 skaven pack and then the "fill-up pack").. i think that there will be packs like that for humans and orcs too (might already exist).

Haven't checked if all this is true.. 2nd hand info.. handle it as such..
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:
I head that there is already a booster pack for at least skaven team (you don't have to buy skaven pack twice, you'd buy 1 skaven pack and then the "fill-up pack").. i think that there will be packs like that for humans and orcs too (might already exist).

Haven't checked if all this is true.. 2nd hand info.. handle it as such..

No such thing on the GW online shop so far, but thanks for the heads up.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I inquired abut miniatures at GW and was told they are only planning on releasing humans, orcs, and skaven, the rest will be done by an affiliated third party company fantasy forge.

So it looks unless you have some from previous editions, third party figures are the way to go. A google search brought up a few like this, have a scout you'll find some options. Do share if you come across some cool ones!

http://www.comixininos.com/humans-set-of-4-blitzers-fanath-art.html

https://www.tritex-games.co.uk/blood-bowl-miniatures-309/

Here's some 3rd
kummo

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Found the info. One guy i happened to talk with watched the warhammer twitch stream where they answered questions and made announcements about future of TT.

They said there something about blisterpacks upcoming.

Damn.. they made so many videos just recently.. not daring to look the right part for quote. But it was warhammercommunitytv on twitch where it was mentioned on ONE of the recent videos.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Rags wrote:
I inquired abut miniatures at GW and was told they are only planning on releasing humans, orcs, and skaven, the rest will be done by an affiliated third party company fantasy forge.

Would be odd that GW wouldn't be making the models themselves. Sounds like someone who wasn't sure what he was talking about it telling you that.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe Fantasy Forge is Forge World, which isn't a 3rd party, more of a subsidiary. And yes, blisters are coming, but the rumour I heard from the GW tourney this weekend was that separate plastic Orcs and Humans aren't due until April. That doesn't rule out alternate sculpts from FW in the meantime though. And is all fairly unsubstantiated.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2016 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Rags wrote:

Would be odd that GW wouldn't be making the models themselves. Sounds like someone who wasn't sure what he was talking about it telling you that.

Fantasy Forge / Forge World is still for all intents and purposes GW, the distinction is more on the corporate level than anything actually important to the end user. Although last time I checked they did use different materials, plastic vs resin IIRC. But that was years ago so someone who still has money for miniature gaming would have to clarify if that's still the case.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2016 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently developing on a new line of miniatures doesn't necessarily pay off for GW. They seem to prefer a no risk, small reward model over higher reward and higher risk.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2016 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of the Lineman can be used as Blitzers, with the simple tagging of Red bases. I personally bought another set of teams off of a fella, who only wanted the game portion. I also bought 2 Skaven teams, in hopes of using the other half for UW. I just need the Gobbos, which I hope will come out soon.

Jeffro
 Jump to: