98 coaches online • Server time: 21:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
So were do you stand?
Merge the two divs with a box scheduler
39%
 39%  [ 86 ]
Keep the divs seperate
36%
 36%  [ 81 ]
Iam a box purist and proud of it. Down with Ranked
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
PainState you dont know the depth of my hatred of Cherry Pickers which is why I play Box.
10%
 10%  [ 22 ]
Give me a Box pie to go please.
9%
 9%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 220

PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont see why some coaches are so resistant to the idea that merging Box into ranked with a Box scheduler is such a bad idea?

1)It allows for one large div. that everyone plays in. Except for that odd ball coach who only plays league.

2)It still allows the box puriest to play only box scheduled games.

3)creates a larger pool of coaches/teams that play in majors/minors.

4)would create more matches, fun. If coaches who could not find a Picked match in a normal span of time to jump into the schduler and to get a game at the top and bottom of the hour.

It seems that the resistance comes from the Box purist's that want nothing to do with this idea. But I know they are not the majority of coaches who play in the box.

lets be honest here. Based on allmost a year of majors in the box the intrest level is allmost 0 outside the box community. Atleast with ranked majors coaches who are not in the major do follow the tournie through the predictions thread and occasionally spec a game or two if the match up is good. NO ONE CARES when the crown of sand hits the semifinals outside of the participants and the very few followers. I can not prove it but I suspect the WIL finals match last season drew more specs than the Crown of Sand fianls match.

My evidence..Check the number of views in the threads for ranked majors compared to Box majors. It is a landslide in favor of the Ranked majors.

Plus Iam just tired of the Purist in the box. Once you get past the:
1)my team is better because I dont "pick" matches.
2)Iam better because, well just cause Iam.

Then ranked and Box teams are exactly the same. At the end of the day you line the pixels up and smash them apart. It matters not what div they play in. The Box Purist needs to get over himself and acknowledge that if Box and Ranked teams meet in a unified major it matters not how they prep their teams.

It only matters in the mind of the coach, so when a box team loses they can claim the moral high ground of not "picking". And when the Ranked coach loses he can claim only a Box coach would be able to field a team with 6 CL/RSC players with 7 DP back ups. Both coaches follow the timed honored tradition of losing in a major for reasons other than they just got beat, its got to be some other reason.

Once the new client comes out merge the two divs with a box scheduler and if the purist want a little box or icon on their team showing their awesomness, then so be it.

Unify the two divs. Unify the majors/minors and get back to the days of larger tournies and more fun.

And take some of the ideas from the box majors and incorporate them into the ranked majors. There was some very good ideas on that front.

Last edited by PainState on %b %02, %2014 - %18:%May; edited 4 times in total
Calthor

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Merge it, baby.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I fully endorse this idea, and your idea to grandfather all the LRB4 teams to FFB. One ruleset and one division for tournaments is great stuff. At the end of the day fumbbl is about playing games of BB and this is for sure the way forward.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

/cheer
zakatan

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If two equal TV/TS teams make a good match-up, why bother how they got there? I would actually play box if I could activate my R teams when I just want a casual game.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

/activate sarcasm mode

I am very much opposed to this idea. B was such a great way to unload all the people we wanted to get rid of in Ranked. A place where they could play their 11 dp khemri teams and claw-on-every-double Chaos and feel really tough about it.

Why would we want those people back?

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, just for this idea Painstate wins:

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a sad thought indeed...

When it comes to teambuilding/getting ready for tournaments. You can play against a friend that wants to trash his team anyway... You get an easy match... Hello Major... This is one of the flawed things in [R] (i know it's illegal to do so.. but seriously who will find out.... Oooh they did some time ago i see, i've never done it btw)

I vote for seperating the two... You are talking about having [B] teams play against possible picker teams O_o I think it defeats the purpose of [B]...

[B] has its own problems.. as stated above.. dp teams claw++teams etc etc. only teams i've noticed myself is shadows dorfs.. and calciums khemri.. since shadow became amused with everything i've played around with the thought that they could be real human beings with real feelings.. So i've decided to let them live.... for now..

edit: Painstate you have played 10 games in [B] and 0 games in the new client.. i will not take you that serious anyway.....

Last edited by On1 on %b %03, %2010 - %10:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Reisender

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
/activate sarcasm mode

I am very much opposed to this idea. B was such a great way to unload all the people we wanted to get rid of in Ranked. A place where they could play their 11 dp khemri teams and claw-on-every-double Chaos and feel really tough about it.

Why would we want those people back?

Warning! You forgot to deactivate sarcasm mode. You must deactivate sarcasm mode before talking to the boss or the girlfriend, or consequences will be terrible!
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd still like to have teams that have played only games arranged by the scheduler clearly marked somehow. Optimally, only those teams would contribute to a player's coach ranking. Likewise, some major tournaments could be limited to "pure" box teams. In essence, I'd like to see effort to make the scheduler the default mode of play for serious gaming.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not merge [L] with [R] then? If anything it is a closer match. The teams would be able to drop in and out of leagues as often as they like.

But, for the ones of us who like Blackbox as it is, please leave it alone. If yuo do not play Blackbox, then how does it affect you if it's separate?
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:

But, for the ones of us who like Blackbox as it is, please leave it alone. If yuo do not play Blackbox, then how does it affect you if it's separate?

We had this argument to death. The answer to this is:

"Well lets have an optional (separate) scheduler in Ranked then". The Blackbox people then say "no that would kill Black Box, totally unfair, you are not allowed to improve Ranked because that would make it more attractive". And so it goes.

Anyway, Christer made it clear in a blog he wouldn't do this, so the point is moot.

Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Grod on %b %03, %2010 - %10:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
If yuo do not play Blackbox, then how does it affect you if it's separate?

I can't use the scheduler for my ranked teams.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:

the team pool is smaller in both divisions

and you know... the whole matches attract matches thing
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2010 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:

I don't care if Ranked has a scheduler, it wouldn't affect me anyway as I don't play any games in the division.

If that's all some of you are after, then add a scheduler to Ranked, but leave Blackbox alone.
 Jump to: