55 coaches online • Server time: 12:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2017 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

@zakatan

Check records of rafadavila.

You can see that last time he was in top3 was from 2012-10-29 to 2013-09-29. Naturally the highest cumulated value of weeks (i.e. total weeks) is there (159). However, during this period, he did not made to the top.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2017 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
@zakatan

Check records of rafadavila.

You can see that last time he was in top3 was from 2012-10-29 to 2013-09-29. Naturally the highest cumulated value of weeks (i.e. total weeks) is there (159). However, during this period, he did not made to the top.

But he was #1 in some of the weeks that account for that 159 Total Weeks, which is what I was sorting for.

I think I'm starting to figure out the tables. There is a little contradiction since it displays the best rank for the last top3 period (since it will always rank highest in the cummulative), and not the best rank for the global top3 performance, even if you sort by total top3.

Anyway great stuff, very fun and really good job doing this.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2017 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

He was number one from 2010-03-22 to 2010-10-31, 32 weeks long.
That does not overlap with a period from 2012-10-29 to 2013-09-29 which was his last period of constantly being in top 3.

He made to the top 3 in 5 separate periods, and only in one of them he made to number one , in the third, not in the last (5th).

Best ranking column shows the best ranking achieved during the period determined by the row in question.

Best ranking should be interpreted as "Best Ranking of period" not "Overall Best Ranking". I will put a clarification in the help page soon.

I recommend you to watch "Record(s) of..." Coach Careers Preset with coach filter "=rafadavila" again.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2017 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
He was number one from 2010-03-22 to 2010-10-31, 32 weeks long.
That does not overlap with a period from 2012-10-29 to 2013-09-29 which was his last period of constantly being in top 3.

He made to the top 3 in 5 separate periods, and only in one of them he made to number one , in the third, not in the last (5th).

Best ranking column shows the best ranking achieved during the period determined by the row in question.

I recommend you to watch "Record(s) of..." preset for rafa again.

I did have a good look at his record. I think I didn't make myself clear.

Rafa was top3 in 5 occasions (for 3, 44, 41, 23 and 48 weeks respectively for a total of 159 top3 weeks), the third of which he made #1. OK

But then I look for Career Totals (sort by total weeks) and the output is the last one of the top3 appearances (it will always this way, since the last one will always have the most total weeks), in which he topped #2. My expected output for this query was:

Top3
Total Weeks: 159
Best Rank: 1

Meaning throughout his carrer, he was 159 weeks on the Top3, and he peaked #1 at some point.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here. Anyway, don't take this as I'm criticizing because I believe this is an awesome tool, and it is very neat, fun and properly done, and I aknowledge there is a lot of work behind it. It's just that the output got me a little confused because I expected something different.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2017 - 12:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

you want that field to return best ever value, not best value of latest entry for cumulative total.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2017 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

@zakatan

Thanks, now I understand what you expected there.
However, currently it is not possible.
Records are distint but consecutive time periods of someone in a class.
Filters are just doing the filtering.

To provide what you want, we would need another column as "Class Best Ranking" which should work like total weeks for weeks but instead of summing best rankings, it should take the minimum values over.
I would not make that the regular value of Best Ranking because that would be like not providing Weeks but Total Weeks only.

That extra column could be made but it should be assembled client side because Team history tables are also a little too big in data size. This involves some extra javascript magic.

When I will feel the mood of doing that, I am not sure. I will make a feature request for this though.

Thanks for your feedback and clarification!

Edit: "Class Best Ranking" is not a good name. Maybe "Previous Class Best Ranking". How I put that into the table header?

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2017 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there will be a checkbox next to the Preset named "Show Career Best Rankings []". This will be on for "Class by Total Number of Weeks", "Class by Total Number of Consecutive Weeks" and "Career Best Performances" (only to avoid confusion) presets and off for the others.

My problem is that I have to figure out, how to change the way of rendering of a column based on an outer object's (checkbox) value. Once I tried that and failed (but not sacrifised more time for the solution).

I can't promise it to get done soon but surely will be made for the released version next year.

Thanks again zakatan, it was a good point!

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2017 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Live update works.

Pending data and Virtual Rankings should update in every 30 mins (to 01 and 31 state), in about 07 and 37.

If you played a non-final match wait for the refresh and the just go to Points page, select PENDING in the top middle selector and you should see how much point you virtually have (if you won't concede/fortfeit your next match).

If you played a final then after a refresh that finished tournament should appear in the virtual ranking of next week. To check how many points you get, go to the very same page and select VIRTUAL with the same selector.

In both cases you might have to filter by your coach name. I recommend to always write "=mycoachname" in the coach filter.

Zakatan's suggstion and other known bugs are now listed on the issues page:
http://github.com/FUMBBLPlus/fumbblplus.github.io/issues

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I was looking through the example you gave for Purplechest and Mateuszzz, and there's one thing I don't fully understand.

Looking at Mateusz' points, it seems that his win of the XFL masters is calculated in a ranked slot, with him being losing finalist in XFL Orc in the XFL slot.

I understand that XFL Orc is a top tournament and therefore gets its own entry. What I don't understand is why winning the XFL masters (1160 points) isn't put in the XFL slot.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2017 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

@Sableheart

Nice catch! At the last full rebuild before the beta, I did not cleared the tables completely, and XFL MASTERS were looking for the previously existing reserved slot without success and it falled back to R.

Will be fixed soon. Fortunately that would not change the final points of the current method.

Fixing requires a full rebuild. This makes an opportunity to change a bit in the points table.

By comparing to ATP Singles rankings it seems that a Grand Slam only winner would be around 18th place. Our FC winner is at 23th place.

Reflecting to Tricktickler's objection, I guess I will decrease the Points for Minor tournaments a little.

Rebuild will be done for 2017-01-16.
Suggestions are welcome until 15th.
You have time until then to get more familiar with the system.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Adam, I guess the RTTNAFC doesn't award SR points, as the teams are not from Ranked/Blackbox, but created for that tournament only?

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that this is a lovely bit of work. Good job everyone involved, I love it when the community produces quality stuff like this.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2017 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

@Rabe: Sorry for the long incoming answer. League tournaments does not award SR points.

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2017 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

No worries, it wasn't that urgent. And I could have answered it myself - don't know why I forgot that it is played in League... *facepalm*

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2017 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, I just checked this out and it's amazing! Thanks and congratulations to you both! I think this will really help make it feel like tournaments (especially the minors) are part of a larger picture, rather than just individual stand-alone events. Also, I like the way that it rewards coaches/teams who win some games in a tourney, but don't win the whole thing. It's not just a case of: 'if you win it, you get a nice badge on your profile, if you don't you're just forgotten about ..'.

Also, it would be great to see these rankings integrated more into the coach pages, so it can be more widely broadcast/advertised.

Just want to add: #76 - I'm coming to get ya, top 25! :O

He he, jokes Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz

Last edited by JellyBelly on Jan 08, 2017 - 13:49; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: