33 coaches online • Server time: 10:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Oly1987

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like it if in the post match stats (and mid match stats which is another idea I'm toying with) included a statement to show the number of turnovers in play each team has given up (i.e failed block/dodge/pass etc) to help give an indication of how much a coach has been able to end a turn of their own volition (and to see if it might be an interesting game to spec/watch replay)
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Oly1987 wrote:
I'd like it if in the post match stats (and mid match stats which is another idea I'm toying with) included a statement to show the number of turnovers in play each team has given up (i.e failed block/dodge/pass etc) to help give an indication of how much a coach has been able to end a turn of their own volition (and to see if it might be an interesting game to spec/watch replay)

Yes please!
Raughri

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

#TerrifyingTurnover counter!
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll agree with this
I've had numerous games that look even based on the current stats shown, but would probably show how much more one-sided they were with a turn-over counter.

like a recent Skaven vs necro match I had, where my Gutter Runners failed on 7 different 2+ rolls that ended turns
Harad

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Understand where people are coming from but not sure I agree. We would have rookie coaches pointing out how all their turns end in turnovers. Obviously there will be times when Nuffle shafts you but more often than not it will be masked by other factors.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
Understand where people are coming from but not sure I agree. We would have rookie coaches pointing out how all their turns end in turnovers. Obviously there will be times when Nuffle shafts you but more often than not it will be masked by other factors.

Not owning the situation and positioning with the possibility bad dice is a classic rookie mistake though. It might make a coach feel better for a moment but you cant hide from trends.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Better measurement would be how many player movement was missed due to turnover. 11th player failing a dodge means less than the 1st player action failing thus missing out on 10 other possible actions.
That metric would correlate more to winning than number of turnovers.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

You can already check the total turns taken by all players, guess that is a pretty good indication.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

That's total turns on pitch, though. Not actions taken. And even if it were actions taken, it wouldn't account for forgone actions.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Better measurement would be how many player movement was missed due to turnover. 11th player failing a dodge means less than the 1st player action failing thus missing out on 10 other possible actions.

Could you do a weighted count? If you only have 8 players on the pitch and you fail the 7th action, that's somewhat different than having 11 and failing the 10th.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring back the Luck Meter 2017!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
bghandras wrote:

Could you do a weighted count? If you only have 8 players on the pitch and you fail the 7th action, that's somewhat different than having 11 and failing the 10th.

I'm not so sure. Isn't it kind of the same? IF you suffer turnovers you lose actions within the turn. If you lose players you lose long term actions, but overall both things leave you at a disadvantage.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
bghandras wrote:

I'm not so sure. Isn't it kind of the same? IF you suffer turnovers you lose actions within the turn. If you lose players you lose long term actions, but overall both things leave you at a disadvantage.

You're right, I wasn't parsing it correctly.
 Jump to: