35 coaches online • Server time: 12:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

At the hours I play it just wouldn't work. I activate Box every 15 minutes and just about always end up giving up and playing Ranked.

But when it's really quiet, Ranked is just like Box. Who's on? Anybody? If so, that's who you play. Or you can just not play at all....

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, that makes sense Harad. Thanks for sharing.

Agreeing about making the Amazons more interesting, but not more human or norse. I meant a variation in lineup. Look at other teams with a common theme. Slann have leap and very long legs. They also have agility 4 catchers and Kroxigor. Norse nearly all have block. They also have ulfs and a snow troll. Dwarfs all have thick skull. They also have large positional variation and a deathroller. Nurgle has Nurgle's Rot. They also have a big guy and variation of players in regards to MV, STR and AGI. My point is that teams with a uniting theme do have variation. Amazons, with their dodge, are the only exception: a universal 6/3/3/7 statline that is dull. Their line(wo)men are also overpowered early due to being undercosted, and can make blitzers, catchers and throwers redundant due to the same statline and probability of doubles with enough linewomen.

I'd really like to see something more interesting happen to them, but I guess that's outside the scope of this thread.

For my 2 cents with Zons; have contingencies. Your players will die. Even assuming you fight a team with no tackle and all your players have blodge... the other wise will roll 6s/POW a surprising amount. Your zons will go down. They will also be splatted easily by fouling. It's rarely worth the effort to protect anyone for this reason.
Xerx

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Current best starting roster for zon :
4 blitzers 360
9 Linewomen 450
1 Apo + 2 rerolls 150
Total 960 (may be one less linewomen for one more reroll, same price)

With blitzer AV8 100k, MV7 catcher 80k, Linewomen and reroll 60k
4 blitzers 400
8 Linewomen 480
2 Reroll (may add 1 more linewomen or apo for 1 less reroll)
Total 1000k
You lose 1 linewomen and the apo but you have 4 AV8 blitzers so unfortunately i believe the starting roster will be as strong as before.
On the other hand it cost 40k more and is stronger at higher TV (not even counting any MV7 catchers).
or
4 blitzers 400
1 Catcher 80
8 Linewomen 480
1 reroll (may subtract one linewomen for one more reroll)
Total 960k
Maybe not as good as the previous roster (only 960k TV though) but a MV7 BC (with agility access on top for latter) is very nice.

Problem that still remain is the thrower which is not really attractive.
However at only +10k TV now over linewomen and reroll costing +10k, he is at least much more interesting as a leader "caddy" (before he was not worth it for this role as rerolls/linewomen were cheaper and even minmaxer did not bother to take one as they want to stay low TV to the max and that the thrower will take block level 2 anyway so they have to wait level 3 to see the benefit TV wise with of course the liability of a AV7 reroll caddy which is dangerous when aggressively minmaxed).

To make the thrower even more attractive and original i would add sure hand or accurate for only +10k more.
This way he become a "good" option to either carry or throw the ball at a very reasonable cost.
It could eventually be very helpful at higher TV (especially with MV7 catcher, the throwing option is always bad but you gain a "reliable" ability to do so cheaply if need be).

There must be a zillion way to make the roster more interesting anyway instead of the awful current "linewomen" one but it become much harder to balance it if we keep the blodge theme intact.
moussambani

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2017 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, after recovering from the massive stun just suffered, let's see if we can reactivate this. Please leave alternative Amazon Rosters on relevant threads, since that is not going anywhere, I think. Smile
thoralf

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2017 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Great thread!
Were I to write a strategy guide, I would start with two very important skills any Zon coach needs to develop:
1. Learn to roll 3+.
2. Dare to roll 6-6 on at least one of your first skill rolls.
Everything else has been covered, except perhaps foul play.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2017 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
Dhaktokh wrote:
Lots of hard words vs zons on higher tv here. Interesting Very Happy

My way with Crossdressers has almost always been to use the strength from each position. I love the catchers, getting some ss-dt cheap and easy. I love the throwers since the thing with zons, for me, is to have tons of optional play styles avaliable. That includes for sure a decent passing game. I have won tons of games this way. I might be wrong here, but thats how I love to play them. At high tv.

Don't listen to him! He also plays goblins! Shocked It's pure madness!

EDIT: I always love watching Dhaktokh beat people at high TV with his zons. Very Happy

LOL
Thanks!!
And goblins are... just different. They changed my haircolour to grey, that is impressive!
 Jump to: