49 coaches online • Server time: 18:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Severedunit

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

All of them now that we get to pick 3 players for the MVP, they're able to skill up pretty easily.
bates

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The krox, because he is bad as, and prob the best big guy around.

When playing Chaos Pact, altho I'm an absolute newbie I truly loved playing out all three big guys. They added some serious punch to the team and as log the dice are on your side you can really counter the game in your advantage.
vaclav

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I take all big guys except mino for chaos dwarfs and find them all usefull, even thinking of taking mino for chwarfs for extra muscles now when there is no PO.
kummo

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Severedunit wrote:
All of them now that we get to pick 3 players for the MVP, they're able to skill up pretty easily.

Problem with big guys isn't their skilling but the fact that they are unreliable (loner + negatrait) and that it might give opponent inducements (or more valuable skills).

Personally i'd rather have +str chaos warrior with block and tents than mino with tents and stand firm.

Or beastman with 3 normal skills + one double rather than non-skilled mino.

WA big guys have armor 8 so they are also targets (altho good coach might be able to lure opponent to gang on one side while he does other stuff elsewhere.. like move ballcarrier away from that crowd).

Building team around one can be fun and fluffy but competitively it can lead to early disadvantage (in cases where opponent gets rid of your "best piece" on turn 1 or 2).

Wiz is out now.. so now there might be some point on playing with big guys that are seen as unnecessaries to team. But it seems like wiz is coming back on deathzone 2 and at that point optimizing your team becomes relevant again. With broken (imo) inducement system even more relevant than before.

Matthueycamo wrote:
A lot of the time that second drive is probably going to be 1 turn. Really not worth having your coach sent off for. Presuming you have not already argued and rolled a 1 in the first drive.

Didn't say it was a good buff or that roller is still worth it Wink
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My opinion is the Beast of Nurgle, Human Ogre and Kroxigor are useful. The Beast can lose value as the rest of the team skills up. Rat Ogre and Wood Elf Tree are useful team options. I tent to avoid Wild Animals unless I wanted to build around them.

My main dislike of them is that for the cost you give away the value of a Wizard.
Therefore With semi-random MVP and no Wizards, even if they will be back soon, Big Guys are more appealing as you could just keep firing them at 16 SPP if they do not get a double for block.

Lyracian.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
My opinion is the Beast of Nurgle, Human Ogre and Kroxigor are useful. The Beast can lose value as the rest of the team skills up. Rat Ogre and Wood Elf Tree are useful team options. I tent to avoid Wild Animals unless I wanted to build around them.

My main dislike of them is that for the cost you give away the value of a Wizard.
Therefore With semi-random MVP and no Wizards, even if they will be back soon, Big Guys are more appealing as you could just keep firing them at 16 SPP if they do not get a double for block.

Also no PO which means their life-span is considerably longer, both game- and career-wise.