34 coaches online • Server time: 10:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bates

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2017 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi team,

It has been a couple of months since I joined the board and so far I have tried to plan a tutorial game 2 a month. Learning from the senior players with whom I will join our local league after summer. I have been handed the opportunity to showcase the 4 teams that have been released by GW so far in their latest release and I have been lucky to learn from my mistakes and grow as a rookie player.

Even better is that I got my hands on a sculpted team by one of the artists that I really like and in a couple of weeks I should have my Chaos Pact team arriving soon.

With some luck I will also be able to get a second team ( Slann) by the same artist.
so fingers crossed.

so now the obvious questions:

When playing the Chaos Pact team. Should I aim to get all 3 big guys on the pitch, together with the 3 renegade players, 5 Marauders and limit myself to 2 re-rolls with the possibility that the fan factor may give me one extra re-roll or how would you make a basis team for an overenthusiastic rookie?

Secondly, I would like to ask the same for the Slann team. I know they are weak, but really fast and slicky. i would like to grab the opportunity to try to cause some mayhem ( If I get the team). How would you incorporate the leap and very long legs skill.

Many thanks for your senior advice.

K.r. Thomas
luxyluxo

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2017 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

BIG GUYS guaranteed to let you down every time at the crucial moment Very Happy
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2017 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

luxyluxo wrote:

Yes but they are fun when they don't Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2017 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
luxyluxo wrote:

Yes but they are fun when they don't Wink

oh, they are fun even when they DO!

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2017 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Take all 6 positional for pact. 2 rerolls to start is ok because your 3 best players are loners anyway. Take leader on your first marauder normal skill up.

Oscar Wilde
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2017 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The beauty of FUMBBL is that you can actually make these teams you have questions about and play them here to get a feel for them outside of your TT environs.

Sure people can give you advice, but meh, play a game already Wink
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally i wouldn't take the minotaur. But up to you.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Big guys are fun and unstable. If you want a good or efficient team, don't choose the Minotaur.

But man are they fun when they work.

That said, with so very few base skills to start, I would not start with only 2 re-rolls with Pact. With three big guys, it'll be fun when things are working, and a disaster when things aren't.
bates

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

Many thanks for the prompt replies.
I moved the additional question about the Slann to a new topic to avoid confusion.

Since I became a dad, playing online videogames is rather difficult.
I do prefer to go out, meet people and support my local store by playing the game using their facilities.
Maybe in the near future I will find more time to do this at home.

Anyway, back on topic.
Yesterday I received the opportunity to test play the Chaos Pact vs Orcs.
The guy with whom I played is also a member of our local league and has a very aggressive way of playing. Search and destroy, Caging is not my cup of tea.

I won the toss, deciding to receive.
I fielded all three big guys and three renegade outlaws and 5 marauders.

After two turns I had the ball in safety and managed to remove already 4 of his orcs, of which 3 BoB J
It turned out to be a game of bashing and bashing harder and unfortunately due to my opponents experience and amazing tactical view it was a real challenge of getting some speed in my game.

The highlight of the game could have been an epitome of excellence when my ogre tried to throw my goblin and ball towards the N-zone, only 5 moves out of reach. Unfortunately at that stage the dice turned odds against me and I did drop my goblin twice ending up with him being stunned at the end of the 7th turn. Everything became clear and I started to feel the frustration of playing three big guys with only 3 re-rolls.

However, I enjoyed every moment of it.

Conclusion:

I’m really happy to have had this chance to test the team.
And I was even more thrilled with the draw, something which I was not able to do with the more tier 1 teams such as Orcs, Dwarfs, Skaven and Humans.

During the game I told my mentor that when looking at the upcoming season my main expectations are the following.
· Aiming at the wooden spoon, so at least I can win something
· Trying to complete as many actions as possible so I can develop and grow my team.
· Trying to score
· Repeat previous idea

He told me that the way I tend to play would fit Orcs or Skaven.
Chaos Pact is a challenge but maybe a bit too much of challenge for a rookie season.

Till a certain extend I have to agree with him. Last game most of my plays ended well.
But if something goes wrong, it really goes wrong and it puts me back at the drawing board.
Especially as I will only start using 2 re-rolls and one spare player on the bench.
I know this might cause some point of discussion but in the few games that I have played so far the re-rolls didn’t really prove their use most of the time. Sometimes making it more worse than before.

Overall great experience and good fun messing around with the special skills.
So I’m happy I bought my team.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!
Chaos Renegades are rather bad during early stages, they really need some skills.
Orcs start with 4 Block players, AV 9, and four ST 4 Black Orcs, they are tough and reliable, unlike your players.
Also, I don't suggest to play with the Minotaur, you can do well with either the Ogre or the Troll or both of them.
bates

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback.I do see your point but the mino is soo much fun and a frontrow of three big bad stupid guys is a lot of fun to play with. I tend to keep on using this set up so I can focus on developing my marauders and Renegade players. If you leave out some of the big guys the team is really lacking a bit of everything.
 Jump to: