53 coaches online • Server time: 16:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling on is having a very talked about death. But are we going to lose a lot more attrition due to fouling as well? Sure the arguing calls is a buff to fouling, but the new MVP rules means the lion's share of MVPs will go to blitzers and blockers. Fewer linemen skills mean fewer dirty players and kickers (and fewer pombers on the ground to foul).

Do you think we are going to see fewer and fewer dedicated fouling players?

Are you in the camp that dirty players are better or worse foulers than unskilled rookie linos?
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Dirty players are better at fouling. Worth the TV on most non elf teams to have at least one DP if you carry 12 players.
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the new MVP rules makes it easier to skill up a dedicated Dirty Player, and ensure they don't get a second skill that means you have to let them go.
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I will almost be more likely to have dirty player on my teams because if is both easy to get any one player to that first skill (and it is worth having one skill on most linemen) and knowing that they won't get a second skill keep it from being potential bloat down the line. I wouldn't worry too much about fouling happening less.
Motskari

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

DonnyRainboe wrote:
Dirty players are better at fouling. Worth the TV on most non elf teams to have at least one DP if you carry 12 players.

Why not carry dp:s on an elf team? They are the only teams that can usually gangfoul without losing position because of their ag4 and good movement. Elf teams usually carry a lot of blodge so getting rid of opposing tacklemb:s is so good.

Sure they are expensive and all, but I think elves should not be excluded having dirty players.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Motskari wrote:
DonnyRainboe wrote:

Why not carry dp:s on an elf team? They are the only teams that can usually gangfoul without losing position because of their ag4 and good movement. Elf teams usually carry a lot of blodge so getting rid of opposing tacklemb:s is so good.

Sure they are expensive and all, but I think elves should not be excluded having dirty players.

in league situations where you need to take out the trash, yeah. I have 2 on my NBFL team.

In box and ranked, especially with av7 ones, you dont get many shots to use it when bodies start flying and it has more downside risk when that happens. I'd prefer to have block or wrestle when short handed than DP. Although a case can be made for going with 13-14 players with pelfs and 12-13 with delf helfs players if your heart is set on fouling.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2017 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Carthaginian wrote:
I think the new MVP rules makes it easier to skill up a dedicated Dirty Player, and ensure they don't get a second skill that means you have to let them go.

Great point, one i had not thought of

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
 Jump to: