28 coaches online • Server time: 00:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dominik

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to let both coaches select their MVP's simultaneously? I don't see the point in having to wait for my opponent's decision and vice versa.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the kind of thing that I am sure would have been done if it was easy so I am going out on a limb here and going to say no. Aren't all other decisions in the game (inducements etc) are taken sequentially as well?

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Would it be possible to let both coaches select their MVP's simultaneously? I don't see the point in having to wait for my opponent's decision and vice versa.

What other systems in the client have simultaneous interaction from both coaches outside of marking players which only renders on the individual's client?

I have left you a breadcrumb that 'the point' might not be a conscious choice but a technological limitation baked into the client Wink
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
This is the kind of thing that I am sure would have been done if it was easy so I am going out on a limb here and going to say no. Aren't all other decisions in the game (inducements etc) are taken sequentially as well?

Ha beat me by a minute. Yes, if every interaction bar player marking is sequential it might suggest there's a reason for that.
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't realize it wasn't simultaneous.

I guess I've always gone first...

Probably because I always win Wink
Dominik

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
I didn't realize it wasn't simultaneous.

I guess I've always gone first...

Probably because I always win Wink

I won my last game and was second to choose.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik complaining about having to wait is one of the funniest things ever!

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Even better, may the coaches' MVP nominations be indipendent? So if my opponent leaves before selecting the MVP the game doesn't get stuck.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:

Well, rules say you have to wait up to 4 minutes per turn for your opponent. There are no rules for the order of selection of the MVPs, if I am correct. You see the difference?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Even better, may the coaches' MVP nominations be indipendent? So if my opponent leaves before selecting the MVP the game doesn't get stuck.

"Plz don't leave before selecting your MVP" -MattDakka on Turn 8, 2nd half.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:

Well, rules say you have to wait up to 4 minutes per turn for your opponent. There are no rules for the order of selection of the MVPs, if I am correct. You see the difference?

yes. one involves 16X4 minutes; the other 30 seconds.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Dominik wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:

yes. one involves 16X4 minutes; the other 30 seconds.

As if my suggestion is completely unworldly and useless. Why do complain about my game speed in this thread?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do you refuse to laugh at yourself for the juxtaposition of a quantum complaint from a quantum thief?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Just happened to me in a tournament game, I guess my opponent wasn't aware of it and hasn't had much experience with the new MVP thing - as with FUMBBL in general. I don't blame him at all - I just hope he comes back soon!

Maybe there could be a popup window saying "Please wait until you opponent has made his MVP nominations." - just like with rerolling winnings, waiting for the opponent's decision on apo/skill usage etc.?

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:

Maybe there could be a popup window saying "Please wait until you opponent has made his MVP nominations." - just like with rerolling winnings, waiting for the opponent's decision on apo/skill usage etc.?
I second this idea
 Jump to: