13 coaches online • Server time: 06:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2017 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
I activate more than 1 team on Gamefinder. I start with the Woodies, and if nothing suitable is there, I activate other stuff. And I don't play much Ranked, so I'm not overly arsed about it. It is hard to get a game, so I do have to face one Mighty Blow Tackler now and again, but it is usually damaging on the team. Two is counter-productive to tournament prep.

With the new MVP rule.. maybe that will change.

That is cool. I would say with the MVP rule it will be harder to get that sweet game you are looking for. This because you will not face as many teams with players who have one or two skills so the power will be piled into 3-4 players at that TV. I would guess that even on a developed elf team you are going to see at least a pair of Mighty Blow Tacklers.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2017 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the old Ranked dilemma really, if you're building for Majors you shouldn't really be accepting matches that are likely to leave your team worse off than before. It used to be that 2x MB Tackle was a case of "at least no PO" but that has changed now. Of course, it's easier to control 2x MB Tackle if they are AG2 MA4, than AG4 MA7+ Dodge. As a general rule I if I offer Elfbowl games I tend to look for equality, so if I have one MB Tackle I will offer to teams that also have one.

And then I'll get impatient and offer to some Orcs and take two perms on good players. Damn that apoth. Always the same story. Wink
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2017 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe he wasn't dodging.

Coaches that multi-green on gamefinder can either be picking or just accepting the first taker.

He maybe declined or he got scared at your tackle+mb, or he just accepted some other faster challenger.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2017 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
A pair of Mighty Blow tacklers is enough for me to decline a game against anyone with my delicate 'tournament' woodies.

Its a sad world if just 2 MB tacklers puts people off there really isnt hope for Ranked lol

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2017 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Dan-Da-Man wrote:

Its a sad world if just 2 MB tacklers puts people off there really isnt hope for Ranked lol

so the new now is 1 MB tackle, and the other just tackle or just MB
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2017 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Green lighting people and then rejecting them anyway seems rather an annoying practise. People wait for an offer and then find out it is just a false dawn.
Declining due to two mighty blow tacklers? Wow. Though it does seem to be sadly common.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2017 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
Roland wrote:
Dhaktokh wrote:
Rabe wrote:
Throthradir is a crossdresser?

WHERE??!?!?

COME COME LITTLE ELF!!!

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11702006

Very Happy

Post #6 explains it. Not quite a crossdresser but....Embarassed

https://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=28350

Ohhhh... totally missed that story! Gotta read it eventually! Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2017 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
A pair of Mighty Blow tacklers is enough for me to decline a game against anyone with my delicate 'tournament' woodies.

QFW and archived for posterity.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2017 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, are the Amateurs suddenly going to have a hard time getting games 'cuz we're too bashy?

I mean, we usually like to carry 3 MB/Tackle. There was a time, oh, two weeks ago, when this wouldn't have scared much of anybody.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2017 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Before they were mid hitters in a shark infested pool. Now they are significant hitters in the drained and reassigned paddling pool. There is still some dps and claws floating about though.