22 coaches online • Server time: 03:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post killing by fun?goto Post Raising a Thrall wit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
veron

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox wrote:
Or you could just not look at teams before you play.......... And take them as they come....

Wow, Zy, that's really deep, the french are starting to get to ya, mate Wink
Aries

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

another solution is to check thier roster before hand and if they have 50k+ ask them if they plan to buy any wizards or star players.... if they say yes then you have 2 options, buy your own and play it out taking it like tabletop...(do it after you agree to play before you connect, so its like tabletop) or just wimp out and say, you know what i dont wanna play you. This way you wont be breaking the rules and youll know...
Jared

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

my incident was earlier, i had agreed to play someone with 10TR less than me, (his choice not mine) low and behold he got a handicap

XXXtreme ball with added XX
Markus

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

At least we all know the Main reason why NEVER to start a game without telling the opponent about our intentions to buy a wizard.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

veron wrote:
Zy-Nox wrote:
Or you could just not look at teams before you play.......... And take them as they come....

Wow, Zy, that's really deep, the french are starting to get to ya, mate Wink

Did you miss the memo, Veron? He's going by the name of Zy-Paul now.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Myrdin:
Thank you for humiliating yourself like that, I have no idea why you wanted to put yourself on the spot and this openly.
I'm on Alibaba's side all the way and so are many others.
CB
Uber

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The guy has teams with 3-4 dirty players, and one with 7 piling ons and he's trying to give a lesson in sportsmanship, yeah right !!

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

i had this problem with a guy, i cheaked his roster beforehand not expecting him to buy lord borak, as soon as i say the game is up and have no choice but to continue and jus to top it of i take his abuse all game cos i foul.. he has 2dps + borak i was shocked even when he beat me, slightly poor defending on ym hand and the game is finished he still continues the abuse people like him make me wanna leave evenmore why cant we jus be honest and play fairly, its only a game witch i dont play to win, i play to enjoy shouldent there be a rule implicated to stop this, as in some occasions it can be painfull, when your undead and the coach secretly picks zara the slayer with stakes, and a wizard its just annoying and takes the fun out i am really dissapointed with this but u get pricks like that on this...
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

oh and he made up some excuse that he couldent host the game so he could hire the god damn star now how low is that i wouldent of minded if he told me

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you are gonna hire Wizzys or stars make sure you arent hosting...... Smile
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

While I think hiring star players and wizards before the game is perfectly acceptable, I recognize that it is against the fumbbl social contract. That is why I always hire my stars immediately after I play a game, so I won't have this potential problem (I only buy stars for gobbos).

Honestly I feel that takes away a lot of strategy from the game (I think hiring before connect is a perfectly legitimate tactic) and if it were up to me it would be acceptable. But we at fumbbl are a community (one that is getting very big) and the members should respect the unwritten rules of the culture and act accordingly.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
While I think hiring star players and wizards before the game is perfectly acceptable, I recognize that it is against the fumbbl social contract.
... But we at fumbbl are a community (one that is getting very big) and the members should respect the unwritten rules of the culture and act accordingly.

Well said. I'm wondering if I should write up some of the 'unwritten rules' for the user guide... Sure, no one reads it, but if someone does something that bugs you there would at least be a quasi-official link to point to to explain why you're complaining.

Of course, I'd have to come up with a new name... "Look where the unwritten rules are written down," just sounds daft.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
"Look where the unwritten rules are written down,"

Heh, sounds good to me. More fun for the newbies.
Jevulen

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

This is what you do after you've agreed to play a game:

PRE-MATCH SEQUENCE
1. Hire Freebooters, Wizards
and Star Players.
2. Roll on Weather Table.
3. Work out the Gate.
4. Work out Handicap.
5. Roll on Handicap Table.
6. Roll for Niggling Injuries.
Cederlund