44 coaches online • Server time: 10:09
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Free Blood Bowl Toke...goto Post Team Walesgoto Post Crowd funded teams &...
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly



Joined: Jul 08, 2009

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Espionage wrote:
I'd like to see a situation that if 4 coaches activate, but only one game is possible, that game is scheduled if the match up rating is over 900. It would help a bit.


Yeah, I agree Espionage, that would make sense. It's still a blind draw consisting of 4 coaches, so I can't see how that could easily be abused.

_________________
"Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got them and they all stink." - The protagonist, Fallout 2

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
dashergeaux



Joined: Jan 29, 2016

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Espionage wrote:
I'd like to see a situation that if 4 coaches activate, but only one game is possible, that game is scheduled if the match up rating is over 900. It would help a bit.


What a great idea! Very Happy

"If 4 coaches activate the team algorithm match up scoring is the same, why not pick the highest rated matchup and have the single game fire off?

example

A vs B @805
A vs C @900
A vs D Not allowed
B vs C @825
B vs D Not allowed
C vs D Not allowed

All coaches monoactivate...A, B, and C could all be matched up. D can not an is the problem. A and C get matched up as the highest rating and B can call D names on the forums... everyone wins!"

Quoting myself from a Blog post. I've seen this idea now from 2 other users before I came up with it.
Lorebass



Joined: Jun 25, 2010

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 23:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure pulling out only 1 match from 4 coaches can be gamed fairly hard. I am also sure we would see more "ARG, i never get a match but those two keep getting them!" rather than when i go on main chat and beg you all to activate and you don't cause I'm scarey???
JellyBelly



Joined: Jul 08, 2009

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
... rather than when i go on main chat and beg you all to activate and you don't cause I'm scarey???


It must be your evil goatee, Lorebass Wink

_________________
"Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got them and they all stink." - The protagonist, Fallout 2

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
dashergeaux



Joined: Jan 29, 2016

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
Pretty sure pulling out only 1 match from 4 coaches can be gamed fairly hard. I am also sure we would see more "ARG, i never get a match but those two keep getting them!" rather than when i go on main chat and beg you all to activate and you don't cause I'm scarey???


if it requires 4 coaches to game the system, it can be done now.
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 1.2 © 2003 PNphpBB Group
Credits