21 coaches online • Server time: 07:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dalfort

Post 1 Posted: Nov 08, 2017 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

As the FUMBBL Cup XVI hits its 4th Round tonight it is time once again for the discerning coaches of the FUMBBL community to submit their favourite player of the Tournament (along with a link and explanation of why of course).

Nominations will run for the next week and I will compile a Poll to find the Fan Favourite of the XVI FUMBBL Cup.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2017 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

FWIW, I'd like to nominate

Otto Ohnegnade of NickNutria's Slann team Matschplanscher.

In turn 4 of the 2nd half of the second round game vs Dhaktokh's Crossdressers, Otto Ohnegnade saved an almost lost drive by picking up the ball in a tacklezone and HAIL MARY PASSING it to a diving catching receiver, who managed to score on the next turn.

While it was not enough to prevent the loss against the Amazons, the move itself was an outrage, just like the Slann team as a whole is with its nearly 3000TV.
It is the kind of move that would be thoroughly ridiculed if you suggested it in the forum or chat but nearly made the team's day.

If anything, the fans loved it, and that is including the opposing coach. Smile
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2017 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

"Kicking PeteW from a FC" would deserve to be a badge, and one that is ultra-hard to get.

Coach Manp achieved just that in the third round game vs the Ultimate Mr. Men with his renowned Painelf.

Imho, this game was the funniest and most entertaining match of this years FC yet, played on a very high level of coaching (I guess, I am not good enough to judge). At least, despite the abundance of 'great' side-line coaches on this site (including me), there was very little 'lol, stupid' to be read in the vivid spec chat of this one.

One cornerstone of Manp's matchplan was fouling the hell out of the Mr. Men's stat freaks, of which they have more than an Ogre team has Snots.
Now, the FUMBBL community can very, very rarely agree on something. But if there is one thing you can get everyone behind, it must be the boot to the head of a stat freak! Smile Fans just love it. Fouling in general. But stat freaks even more.

So on behalf of all fans who love fouling, which is all fans, I want to nominate Locola of team Painelf, who commited 9 of the 11 lovely fouls - comically encouraged by the ref, who kept waving at him on every foul, animating him to keep going next turn.

tl;dr
/stomp
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2017 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Bowl fans everywhere were ecstatic when the heavy underdog Stardancer coached by Amir beat the Lustrian Challenge Champion Blood Bay Stealers led by the legendary coach Harad.

The blood suckers put up a good effort and took the wood elves into overtime after some fancy passing by the steel nerved Ed Stark gave the dancers the advantage.

Ed would have easily been named fan favorite if it were not for his team mate Lana. The thralls had done there best to foul her into pixel dust but still she stood for overtime. With ba....guts of steel, Amir called for the one turn TD that most coaches would not have dreamed of attempting. Lana was pushed into Steeler territory, and then took a hand off. She lept, and then fully sprinted for the winning TD. (The reroll had been burned early in the turn.)

Stunned vampire fans could only go back to Blood Bay and wonder what may have been if Nuffle had shown them a little love.
Scarlak

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2017 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

K"Chain Che'Malle , former Major winner and pumped full of steroids entered the cup as one of the favourites.

First game up against Orcs and disaster strikes with nuffle clearly displeased about a team on drugs. From the first blitz when Elfkicker laid out a Saurus or the mighty Elfhater with his 4 cas in the game clearly these Orcs hated Lizards as much as their hated Elves!
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2017 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

That slann HMP moment was amazing
Wood elf Vs PeteW was also heroic... Such balls!
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Great suggestions so far, keep them coming whilst I watch the replays Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

During the aforementioned HMP by Slann there was a discussion amongst spec earlier in the game as to why that skill was on a Blitzer. Then the magic happened.
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Rawlf wrote:
FWIW, I'd like to nominate

Otto Ohnegnade of NickNutria's Slann team Matschplanscher.

In turn 4 of the 2nd half of the second round game vs Dhaktokh's Crossdressers, Otto Ohnegnade saved an almost lost drive by picking up the ball in a tacklezone and HAIL MARY PASSING it to a diving catching receiver, who managed to score on the next turn.

While it was not enough to prevent the loss against the Amazons, the move itself was an outrage, just like the Slann team as a whole is with its nearly 3000TV.
It is the kind of move that would be thoroughly ridiculed if you suggested it in the forum or chat but nearly made the team's day.

If anything, the fans loved it, and that is including the opposing coach. Smile

I totally agree on the slant blitzer, and I was the opposing coach. Crazy skill choice on that player and the catcher had to use diving catch to get the ball. Very Happy
Scarlak

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Just watch the replay of Mektummys v Defending Champs Marvin Tribute. Throamm Bornmeister must surely be up there now with these 2 TD's. The one in the first half was sick.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Legolas

This smarmy bastard almost singlehandedly stole the game from me on multiple occasions. If not for a 6+ pass by a rotter, he'd be in round 4 instead of me
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2017 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Poll will be set-up tomorrow after I have overseen the Round 4 deadline process (i.e. after 22:00 BB Time) so get any last minute nominations in before then!!

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2017 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Nominations are now closed, you can vote in this new thread