13 coaches online • Server time: 05:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2004 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

rotf
Laughing

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2004 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Sinister Urge 1 vs 2 Scurvy Lads of Yore</b>

We had the Urge .....the Urge to SUCK tonight. In the battle of undeads, we were pussified by the mummies. Kicking off down 1-0 we managed to score on the overconfident Lads only to see them score thanks to massive attrition. A display of sportsmanship allowed 2 turns for the equalizer until the nuffle f-ck perfect defence which put mummies between us and the endzone.

Clearly outmatched and outcoached (Mully is an idiot) we look to play some other wolfies in cross over #2.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Week #6 Results</b>

The North Americans managed to come out of the cross over games with some respectability after finishing with a 5-5 record.

The Euros have the overall edge with a 4-2 record while the Aussies stumbled and bumbled to a 2-4 start. These two divisions will face each other in the 2nd week of cross over games.

On the bright side, Mully the Professional Prognosticater went an amazing 8-3 on this week's picks. The only 3 losses were picking the Warriors of Woe (who had some of the worse dice I've ever seen), Hamburger Helper (who rolled a 1 for GFI on the endline in T8), and Cartoonettes (well.....one bad pick isn't too bad).

The Black Demons remain the only unbeaten team through week #6.
Quod's Warpies remain the only winless team through week #6.

Ronald Roadrunner (Kadrin Kannons) is the league leading SPP player with 6 TDs and 26 SPPs.

Mully got to witness firsthand the league leading CAS player William Kidd (Scurvy Lads of Yore) with 9 CAS.

The Northern Raiders' Sigurd Stormthrower leads the league in Comps with 9.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2004 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Words from the Master</b>

This should be an interesting cross over round as the American Divisions almost all have similar races going head to head. Meanwhile the top 2 international titans go at it for bragging rights.

<u><b>NA I vs NA II</b></u>
1s – Kadrin Kannons (5-0-1) vs Bullz on Parade (5-0-1) – The dwarves found it tougher pushing Orcs around the pitch in cross over #1. They should find it equally hard with their psycho cousins from the North. The Bullz are out to prove 8 legs are better than 4. Prediction : BOP by 0.6

2s – Rocky Horror Blood Bowl Team (4-0-2) vs Sinister Urge (3-0-3) – Rocky Horror had no trouble with the Zons from Europe. When I predicted the bitches would triumph I completely forgot that Rocky had 2 bitches of their own. This match should be a real dogfight. It's is a must win for Mully as he could drop from 2nd to last place with a loss. Prediction : Urge by 0.2

3s – Warriors of Woe (3-0-3) vs Illusion (3-0-3) – The Woodies rolled enough 1s for an entire season last week. Illusion has found new confidence and is coming off a beating of their Nephew Elfs. This should be a close prancy match. Prediction : Darkies by 0.1

4s – Slaves of Chaos (1-0-5) vs Canada's rat cities (3-0-3) – Both teams are coming off of wins in cross over #1. One of them will accomplish the unheard of ...... 2 wins in a row. The Slaves are starting to come into their own lately but will have a hard time keeping up with the rats. Prediction : Beasts in OT, Slaves by 0.1

5s – Hamburger Helper (2-0-3) vs New York Giants (2-0-3) – Hamburger is still mad about the failed GFI in T8 of last game while the Giants are mad that their coach failed his bonehead roll before the game. The Giants should have too much firepower for the Helpers. Prediction : unless Shaq is suffering from sleep deprevation Giants by 0.5

<u><b>Europe vs Australia</b></u>
1s – Black Demons (6-0-0) vs Scurvy Lads of Yore (5-0-1) – Game of The Week - The Demons needed a well placed fireball to put down the dwarves last week. The wizard won't help this week as they must tangle with Scurvy's killer mummies. The forecast is for pain with occasional niggles. Prediction : Lads of Yore by 0.3

2s – Cartoonettes (4-0-2) vs Riverbottom Nightmare Band (4-0-2) – Neither team played up to snuff last week. One of them will fall for the 2nd time in a row. The Zons will be dancing to the music on the way to the endzone. Prediction : Zons by 0.3

3s – Northern Raiders (3-1-2) vs Tepoc’s Chosen (3-1-2) - A very even matchup with both teams playing well last game. With a game this close to call I'll go with the more experienced coach. Prediction : Raiders by 0.1

4s – Blackrock Wardogs (3-1-2) vs We do it for love (2-0-3) – The Wardogs found some luck last week and hope to continue their roll. The elven lovers have fallen on hard times and won't find any valentines on this pitch this week. Prediction : Wardogs by 0.3

5s – Seahawk Clan (1-0-5) vs Druin Dumpster Dwellers (1-1-3) – The Clan beat the winless Warpies with the help of a wizard last week. This week they will need some mouse traps to catch the Dumpster Dwellers. Prediction : Clan by 0.4

6s – Darkest ot Hillside Thickets (1-0-5) vs Quod’s Warpies (0-0-6) – This is the best (and only?) chance for the Warpies to get into the win column. The Thickets have been pyshically pummeled two straight games and morale is at an all-time low. Another loss by the Warpies and coach Quod may consider changing their name to Quods Magpies. Predictiion : Warpies by 0.4

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2004 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Prediction : Urge by 0.2

Looks like Mully enjoys the sting of humiliation when his predictions go belly-up.

My prediction: I'll have to keep my kids away from the computer during this game. Mully's language definitely won't be family friendly....

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully can say what he wants, use the language he wants, it will never be as coloufull and as expressive as some Quebec French cursing!!!!
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2004 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Normally I'd be quick to agree with you Diamond ... then I went and played Mully two games in a row last week! My ears are still ringing!!!!! :p

Needless to say The Scurvy Lads next recruit could be named Mully. With cursing like that he's gotta be a damn fine sailor!
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2004 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Sinister Urge 4 - 3 Rocky Horror Bloodbowl Team OT</b>

On a dark and gloomy night, golems, wights, ghouls, zombies, and wolves gathered for a brutal fight for survival. But who invited the elves? Led by Tricky Dick ...err........Richard Nixon, the RHBBT dodged, passed, and weaved through the Urge defense with elf like finesse. The 5+ passes were mundane for these Wood Elf wannabees. It was the blocking that hurt them as 3 early sets of double skulls ruined a chance for a T8 TD and 2-1 lead. Thus the 1st half ended a 1-1 tie.

Second half was more of the same with both teams exchanging TDs. The last, a T8 TD pass in the sun by Tricky Dick without rerolls sent us into OT.

RHBBT received to start OT when a rock took out a zombie. A double skull by a blitzing werewolf allowed the Urge to pounce on defence. The ball was knocked lose on a 1D block where it laid in the middle of an 8 Necro scrum. Coach Grue took his chances by pushing a player into the scrum and Zombie Nixon (for the Ugre) grasped the bouncing ball with his wrinkled claws.

A quick handoff to Ghoulish Desire outside the scrum allowed the Urge to finally break free and score in T7 for the win.

A great back and forth game. The only regret is that I couldnt kill one of those damn wolves.

That plus the fact that RHBBT's fan factor curse now crept onto us and we rolled a 1 for post game.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Rocky Horror Bloodbowl Team 3 - 4 Sinister Urge
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=541746

Well, even a stopped clock is right twice a day so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised when a senile old monkey looks up from drooling his mashed bananas down his chest and actually calls a game correctly. And a very proper Halloween game it was too, dead on dead.

As Mully indicated, the two teams had rather different approaches to the game. The RHBBT relied on Elfy tactics like flooding the Urge's backfield with potential receivers and then firing off a quick (well, temporally speaking. I don't think we threw less than a long pass and at least one of them was in the sun -- who plays a dead on dead Halloween game when the sun can come up?!?) pass. Reliable scorers Magenta and Columbia scored in this way and even Dr. Frank got into the action, high stepping into the endzone for the tie after receiving a pass from former President Nixon. Tricky Dick really was pretty spectacular this game, the only thing he did wrong was getting himself knocked out while holding the ball in OT, which I suppose we won't hold against him.

Sinister Urge played a more brute force game, lacking the finesse of the RHBBT but effective none-the-less. Taking advantage of the offense's ability to choose their battlefield, the Urge would mass their players at one point in our defenses, punch a hole through and then establish a beachhead where they could defend their receivers until they could receive a hand-off. Consonant with their more barbaric approach, Urge dirty player Lincoln (who names a dirty player after Abraham Lincoln?!?) attempted a rather pathetic foul against former President Nixon, knocking Tricky Dick out but getting himself ejected from the game. One can only imagine Mully's reaction. Both teams tactics seem to work for them as we ran up an rather Elfy 3-3 score (largely because Mully was afraid of Riff-Raff, our MV9 AG4 Werewolf and so never stalled for very long) by the time the final whistle blew.

We were selected to receive the kick-off in overtime and, despite Riff-Raff finding a way to weasel out of taking the field, we began executing our normal flood of the Urge's endzone that had served us so well. And then disaster struck. As Magenta started to run by an SU zombie she paused long enough to deliver a hit and rolled double skulls. Mully's boys took full advantage of this and, rather than spread across his backfield we found ourselves tied up in a knot in the middle. You'd think this might be to our advantage, given that we have the stronger players, but RHBT casulties started flying off the field and we couldn't break free. Sinister Urge used our own strategy of 'Victory through Attrition' against us and eventually the inevitable (although if we'd been able to hold on two more turns it would have been evitable) occurred, with the help of a block from Eddie that I didn't look through carefully enough and bounced the ball into an opposing zombie's hands, and the Urge freed up the ball and ran in the winning TD.

Dr. Everett von Scott has once again asserted himself as the team's most replaced player: this time meeting his end as Urge Flesh Golem Dead Girl Superstar (whatever that means) gave his wheelchair a shove and sent him careening into the crowd who folded up the conveyance for him despite the fact that it was not intended to be collapsable and Dr. Scott was still in it. On the bright side, recently our fan base seems to be barely willing to tolerate us rather than expressing open revulsion and leaving in droves. Even more satisfying was that Mully seems to have caught our FF eating disease and managed to lose fans even though he had a +3 to the roll.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2004 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Game of The Week: The Black Demons managed to win vs Scurvy Lads of Yore: 2-1 in OT

Unfortunately it was not a fun game to play, but you can't have that every time. On the bright site the Black Demons managed to overcome a 0.3 point odd and they extended their winning streak in OT with a close 2-1 win.

Game report

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Hamburger Helper 0 vs 2 New York Giants</b>

An inferior team + inferior dice + inferior coach = ass whooping. Between Shaq and Nuffle we gut farcked hard. And he didnt even give us a reach around. Meat Loaf became "just meat" when the Apoth decided to only heal sucky players and let him die. Filet Freddy soon joined him in BB Heaven.

As far as the game, after 4 in the BH/RIP box, it had all the excitement of the WWB quarterfinal also won by Shaq 3-0. Fortunately I get to play him with my Necros next and ONLY gave him 19 SPPs for this game. The final score came with 4 players on the field. Turn 8 couldnt come soon enough.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2004 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Riverbottom Nightmare Band 1 vs 1 Cartoonettes

Well...a tired affair by both teams really. Cartoonetes opened the scoring with a well worked reverse sweep that the Band couldn't cover...and failed to even it up at the half. A gaggle of errors to both sides in the second half ended up being just enough for the Bottom boys to put some bash on and even the score. OT But in a sad state of play...an outnumbered Amazon squad just kept dancing enough to worry the goats off the ball. 2 failed attempts to pick up the rock cost the Band big...so it all ends up as a draw. (or does it? do we have OT ties?)
Thanks for hanging in there Sideshow! Good Game

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Week #7 Results</b>

The Euros outplayed the Aussies with a 3-2-1 record in the 2nd week of cross overs. Incredibly we had our 3rd tie of the year with Cartooonettes and Riverbottom Nightmare Band fighting to a 1-1 draw.

Mully the prognosticator had another strong performance with a 7-3-1 record. An impressive 15-6-1 record in predicting the cross over games.

<b>And then there was 1</b> - The Black Demons remain the last undefeated team as they got by the Scurvy Lads of Yore 2-1 in OT. They are also the 1st team to clinch a playoff spot with 5 weeks remaining.

<b><u>Mid-Year Playoff Prediction Update</b></u>
<b>Seed ....Team</b>
1 Black Demons (Eur) - with a TR 23 points higher then the next best team, the Orcs should not lose more than 1 game the rest of the way.
2 Scury Lads of Yore (Aus) - a weak division will help the Lads accumulate much needed wins.
3 Bullz on Parade (NA II) - these CDs are hard to hurt and even harder to beat.
4 Kadrin Kannons (NA I) - running away in another division void of competition
5 Cartoonettes (Eur) - these ladies should be able to edge out the Blackrock Wardogs for 2nd place.
6 Rocky Horror BB Team (NA I) - if the wolves survive, this is a tough team to beat.
7 Tepoc's Chosen (Aus) - unless they keep trying to give their Krox TDs, this team should earn 2nd place.
8 Riverbottom Nightmare Band (Aus) - as long as they can beat the bottom feeders, they should make it in.
9 Illusion (NA II) - the darkies are playing top notch ball right now
10 Sinister Urge (NA II) - the Necros will earn just enough points to edge out the Blackrock Wardogs for the final spot.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
7: Tepoc's Chosen (Aus) - unless they keep trying to give their Krox TDs, this team should earn 2nd place.

Well Alright, Maybe the Krox should slow down on his TD getting spree. Time for my Saurus to get some Razz. They don't seem to break armour and get that last CAS that 4 of them need for a skill, so maybe a TD is the way to go. I'll have to try it.

Brad
Diamond5119

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd keep an eye out for the Canadian Rats....they do not have 1 star players....they have 3 guys that score times and again...and they run like hell (for hell is usually after them!)

They need one other game like the last one they played....and then, we are in business....
 Jump to: