38 coaches online • Server time: 08:46
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Another I need a log...goto Post BlackBox Steel Gaunt...goto Post Stuff de Vindaloo do...
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
neubau



Joined: Nov 12, 2016

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
lol, it is always the germans, austrians, and eastern euros who take he piss out of any idea of indigneous rights.


where? i stated that i do not argue your point at all. i just asked a question because i didn't think an example paint for a mini that ships unpainted is a valid reason for OP to being be sued. look how AD answered, look at your dickish response, only one of you two here is interested in a proper conversation. you don't know me, so calling me racist is a pretty bad insult and couldn't be further from the truth.
pythrr



Joined: Mar 07, 2006

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Cerberus85 wrote:
pythrr wrote:
neubau wrote:
lol pythrr, these don't come painted, so how could anyone sue OP?


lol, it is always the germans, austrians, and eastern euros who take he piss out of any idea of indigneous rights. I'll just leave that there for you all to consider...


Wow, so now I'm offended as a Brit married to an Eastern European by your racist sweeping statement.
.


go back and read the comments. my comment is based on evidence.

"However, you then go and make the above statement against Germans, Austrians and Eastern Europeans"

I made an observation. I made no conclusion -- hence I wrote "I'll just leave that there for you all to consider". You are the one leaping to conclusions.

_________________
Image
Image
pythrr



Joined: Mar 07, 2006

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

neubau wrote:
pythrr wrote:
lol, it is always the germans, austrians, and eastern euros who take he piss out of any idea of indigneous rights.


at your dickish response, only one of you two here is interested in a proper conversation. you don't know me, so calling me racist is a pretty bad insult and couldn't be further from the truth.


where did i call you racist? stop putting words into my mouth

and personal abuse is prohibited by site rules.

_________________
Image
Image
Cerberus85



Joined: May 06, 2017

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If i'm leaping to conclusions it's because your point is poorly phrased and deliberatley vague. I'll expand my point. You made the following comment as an observation apparently.

pythrr wrote:
lol, it is always the germans, austrians, and eastern euros who take he piss out of any idea of indigneous rights. I'll just leave that there for you all to consider...


Firstly your use of the word 'always'. Do you mean in the context of the particular thread or any thread/issue on Fumbbl or do you mean by history and/or culture? I say this as I can only find Punga who is Russian (according to his home page) and Neubau who is Austrian according to his. I can't see any German commenters at time of writing this. So your argument is at best inaccurate and at worst done in such a way to insinuate against people from those nations. Furthermore it's a huge generalisation to make against all Germans, Austrians and Eastern Europeans based off two people on a single thread.

Secondly your use of Eastern European. My wife is Lithuanian and is rightly proud of her heritage. Her country of birth is part of what is normally reffered to as Eastern Europe. However, Eastern Europe comprises of twenty something countries. Slandering one person from over twenty countries makes for a poor argument. It'd be like me trying to argue that all North Americans can't argue their point; it would be a factually inaccurate and totally pointless throwaway line that would only expose my ignorance.

If it feels like I'm labouring the point and I am it's for this reason. You have taken umbridge with this model because of how you feel it insults your heritage; fair enough and again I understand your point of view. You consider it racist; fair enough. However your 'observation' to me is racist for the points I raised above and in my eyes completely undermines what you are trying to achieve. By that single comment you have implied that you are what you are ailing against - a culturally insensitive person whose comments could and have been viewed as racist in their own way.
finsterface



Joined: Apr 29, 2012

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
lol, it is always the germans, austrians, and eastern euros who take he piss out of any idea of indigneous rights. I'll just leave that there for you all to consider...


wow, that is one of the boldest and most outrageous statements I've read in a long time Sad
And which indigenous groups of people do you refer to at all - to my knowledge, there are and were (almost?) none in the regions you're referring to. Laughing

pythrr wrote:
go back and read the comments. my comment is based on evidence.


And which evidence would that be? Laughing

Also, as a canadian (according to your profile) you might be interested in the Copenhagen-report about the indigenous-world 2015, assembled by the international work group for indigenous affairs (IWGIA).

You can find this quote by former UN Special Rapporteur James Anaya after a visit to Canada in the fall of 2013 (which was presented at the Human Rights Council 2014):

Canada faces a continuing crisis when it comes to the situation of indigenous peoples of the country. The well-being gap between aboriginal and non-aboriginal people in Canada has not narrowed over the last several years, treaty and aboriginal claims remain persistently unresolved, indigenous women and girls remain vulnerable to abuse, and overall there appear to be high levels of distrust among indigenous peoples towards government at both the federal and provincial levels.

Now, I don't want to bash Canada for not having resolved problems that exist almost everywhere, where there are indigenous people and when you browse that report, it's pretty clear, there're far worse places. It's ridiculous to name some european countries as the worst and it's frankly irresponsible to the informed, who knows just a few of the atrocities being undertaking till this very day in various parts of the world against indigenous people (certainly not in Germany, Europe or Canada)!
pythrr



Joined: Mar 07, 2006

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

not a canadian. so your point is entirely irrelevant.

_________________
Image
Image
pythrr



Joined: Mar 07, 2006

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

finsterface wrote:


And which evidence would that be? Laughing



the critical posters in this thread. QED

_________________
Image
Image
pythrr



Joined: Mar 07, 2006

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="finsterface"just a few of the atrocities being undertaking till this very day in various parts of the world against indigenous people (certainly not in Germany, Europe or Canada)![/quote]

"take he piss out of any idea of indigneous rights." is not the same as committing atrocities. are you intentionally misreading my comments?

_________________
Image
Image
finsterface



Joined: Apr 29, 2012

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
not a canadian. so your point is entirely irrelevant.


nah, my point is, that your categorization "always the [insert any half-way civilized country here]" who take the piss out of indigenous rights is just plain absurd - in light of what's going on in the world, today Sad
finsterface



Joined: Apr 29, 2012

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
"take he piss out of any idea of indigneous rights." is not the same as committing atrocities. are you intentionally misreading my comments?


no, i'm not, but I'm pointing out the ignorance in that statement. Wink
pythrr



Joined: Mar 07, 2006

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

finsterface wrote:
pythrr wrote:
"take he piss out of any idea of indigneous rights." is not the same as committing atrocities. are you intentionally misreading my comments?


no, i'm not, but I'm pointing out the ignorance in that statement. Wink


no you are not. you are confusing two very different things. but such is your right.

_________________
Image
Image
mister__joshua



Joined: Jun 20, 2007

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 22:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It's a shame as the original topic and model was quite cool, but this thread is sadly beyond redemption. If only people could stop behaving like children...

_________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." - The Dude

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 1.2 © 2003 PNphpBB Group
Credits