62 coaches online • Server time: 00:10
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Recent Forum Topics goto Post What's happening to ...goto Post The Legend's League,...goto Post Picon Expansion Proj...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Introduction and Rationale

As most rosters do change over time and how these rosters change depends on other persons, I as a league administrator felt it uncomfortable to add those rosters in the roster settings or as external rosters in my custom ruleset.

Some days ago I volunteered to set up a warm-up tourney of an upcoming NAF tournament in Budapest and I took the task with belief that I only have to set the group as a league upon NAFC ruleset which is the base of the currently running Dungeonbowl (K)Online 2018 tournament. However, that ruleset do not fully follow the current NAF Rules as it has not been adjusted to DZ2: Chaos Renegades are missing a Renegade Orc, and Goblins are missing the Doom Diver and the 'Ooligan. There is also a typo (Deamons of Khorne). As Competitive rosters are also not updated to DZ2, it seems to me that the most relevant rulesets are adapting slowly. I wanted to make rostersets which are up-to-date and maintained. Big part (cloning) is done, and now I am looking for other maintainers who would help with being informed and doing the small adjustments.

Static Rostersets

As a result I've decided to create rostersets for the varios official and NAF rules exclusively to contain the rosters of the particular rules. Ideally, these rosters are graved into stone and should only change when a deficiency gets resolved or errata is published. These rostersets are made not only for reference but also for group administrators who want to set up their group to have rosters strictly connected to a given rulebook and they also want to diverge from the default league settings.

You can not set your league group to use these rulesets directly. Instead you should add the rosters one-by-one as externals. Go to the Rosters tab of your ruleset, set Available Rosters to Custom only, and click onto Add Existing Roster in the right. Search and pick the appropriate roster by its ruleset name.

There are confusion about the admissibility of Bugman's Star Players, Grak & Crumbleberry and other positions in the current NAF rules (see the comments of the announcement). I opted to not include these stars to the NAF Rules Aug17 rosters and the NAF Additional Teams Jan18 rosters as the reference documents are not allow them explicitly. If someone claim those stars, I will make the necessary rulesets.

Currently the following rostersets are available, grouped in FUMMBL rulesets for technical reasons:

ROSTERS FROM GW RULEBOOKS
ADDITIONAL ROSTERS BY GW
ADDITIONAL STAR PLAYERS BY GW

EXPERIMENTAL ROSTERS BY GW

ADDITIONAL ROSTERS BY NAF

Dynamic Rostersets

The following rostersets are dynamically adapting to the rules they have relation with, eg. if a positions price changes according to some new rulebook, it will change in the relevant roster ASAP. New positions and Star Players will be added when needed. Removed positions will be set to 0 allowed but existing players will remain unaffected.

As a league administrator you can import the rosters the same way as with static rostersets.

• GW Actualized
    Adapts to the most recent offical rulebook, possibly ahead of FUMBBL's competitive divisions. It is also a Dynamic Ruleset (see below).
    Deficiencies: Same as for Static Rostersets/DZ-S1 rosters and Static Rostersets/DZ-S2 rosters

• GW Experimental Actualized
    Adapts to the most recent offical rulebook, possibly ahead of FUMBBL's competitive divisions. In addition, it should contain all other rosters published by any official GW material including but not only the White Dwarf and the My Dugout App. It is also a Dynamic Ruleset (see below).
    Deficiencies: Same as for GW Actualized, Static Rostersets/Grak and Crumbleberry and Static Rostersets/My Dugout App rosters

• NAF Overloaded
    Adapts to the most recent NAF tournament rules. In addition, it should contain all the GW Experimental rosters and Star Players, plus those officially published by NAF. Basically, everything should be included. It may be good for groups running multiple NAF based tournaments, if the members obey the rules eg. not creating a Pestilent Vermin when it is not allowed for a tournament. It can be also nicely cloned (see below) for tournaments of custom needs, as removing a Star Player is a lot easier than adding it.
    Deficiencies: Same as for GW Experimental Actualized, Static Rostersets/NAF Rules Feb17 rosters and Static Rostersets/NAF Additional Teams Jan18 rosters

Static Rulesets for Leagues

I also made fixed rulesets to get used directly by league groups for open and/or tournament play. These rulesets should be set for the most conformance with the default league play rules of the underlying rulebook(s). All optional rules including Special Play Cards are disabled. These are fixed and will not change over time, so as a league administrator, use them only if you know preliminary that your league will not intend to adapt other rules later.

• CRP (CRP: 24 teams, wizards, Piling On -- you know that well)

• DZ1 (Death Zone Season 1 with ToL: 23 teams, DZ1 stars)
    Deficiencies: Same as for DZ-S1 rosters

• DZ2 (Death Zone Season 2 with ToL: 23 teams, DZ2 stars)
    Deficiencies: Same as for DZ-S1 rosters and DZ-S2 rosters, plus
    • (In)Famous Coaching Stuff (DZ2 pp40-43) is not supported by FUMBBL

Dynamic Rulesets for Leagues

The following rulesets are dynamically adapting to the rules they have relation with. Both the rosters and the default league play settings are managed, eg. if a positions price changes according to some new rulebook, it will change in the relevant roster ASAP. New positions and Star Players will be added when needed. Removed positions will be set to 0 allowed but existing players will remain unaffected.

As a league administrator you can set these rulesets for your league out of the box if you know preliminary that your league will stick to the default league rules of the relevant rulesbooks.

• GW Actualized
    Adapts to the most recent offical rulebook, possibly ahead of FUMBBL's competitive divisions. It is also a Dynamic Rosterset (see above).
    Deficiencies: Same as for Dynamic Rostersets/GW Actualized and Static Rulesets for Leagues/DZ2

• GW Experimental Actualized
    Adapts to the most recent offical rulebook, possibly ahead of FUMBBL's competitive divisions. In addition, it should contain all other rosters published by any official GW material including but not only the White Dwarf and the My Dugout App. It is also a Dynamic Rosterset (see above).
    Deficiencies: Same as for GW Actualized and Dynamic Rostersets/GW Experimental Actualized

Cloning Rulesets, Rostersets and Rosters

I am able to spare your time and clone them for you. Contact me about that if you are a Gold Supporter.

Final Remarks

To get all icons/portraits done, I've started the BB2016 Icon Project. Please contribute if you are an icon or portrait artist!

I welcome any help in managing these rosters for the most conformance, up-to-dateness and look.

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on Mar 20, 2018 - 12:22; edited 80 times in total
sann0638

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

As regards confusion with the current stars, the rules are they do not have to be included, so a given tournament has to explicitly include them.

Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2018 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Good deal Adam. Nice to have these ruleset links handy. Thanks Exclamation

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Now the list of rostersets is updated with detailed list of active deficiencies.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to have Khorne and Brett added to the default League ruleset like Simyin is?

(sorry if this is the wrong place to ask)
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Kari Coldsteel (DZ2, p41) added
My Dugout App rosters added

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
Is it possible to have Khorne and Brett added to the default League ruleset like Simyin is?

+1

Oscar Wilde
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
ramchop wrote:

+1

+1

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Please, is it possible to add the Renegade Orc to Chaos Renegades since the icon is already available?

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

GW Experimental and NAF Overloaded rulesets added. Note on cloning of rosters added. Pretty much done for now. Next, I have to update the artwork projects.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Grombrindal and the Black Gobbo are added to the Static Rostersets

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Brets blitzer still has catch, not dodge.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you sure?

As this document seems to be newer than this one. Its name (update) is also suggest that is newer.

BTW it would be nice to make some versioning or timestamping in the papers by NAF to avoid confusions.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch. Looks like a massive typo.
At least, nobody has said that the NAF is making a (huge) change to the teamlist.
I'll ask on TFF.
Cheers
Martin
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The document linked on the naf page has bret blitzers with catch and that is also how they are currently played at naf tournaments. So I assume that is still correct.

Jump to: