13 coaches online • Server time: 05:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Hourly box activations?
Permantly change box to hourly activations
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Permantly change box to 30mins peak, hourly offpeak
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Trial change box to hourly activations
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Trial change box to 30mins peak, hourly offpeak
24%
 24%  [ 25 ]
Change nothing
64%
 64%  [ 66 ]
Total Votes : 102

Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Cloggy wrote:

Way to dig into that trench dude. Getting easy wins is actually just as easy in the Box as it anywhere else.

And yet you keep on playing in Ranked and not in Box.
Since, according to you, winning is as easy in Box as in Ranked, why you don't you play more in the Box?
There must be something that induces you to play in Ranked and not in Box.
And why most coaches have a better win rate in Ranked compared to Box (given two relatively even match samples played in Ranked and Box)?

Blind much?

My non-tournament games are actually quite evenly spread over B and R nowadays. Aside from that, you keep falling back into the delusion that the reason to play in R is easy wins, easy picking, CR gain or some other unimportant thing.

Good Sir, your preferred division is seen as LESS FUN by enough coaches that your game volume is becoming a problem. STOP blaming people who play elsewhere for your own problems please.

As to the win rate thing: That's only true for the 5% worst pickers in ranked. Sure, if you wait around for hours just so you can trounce some N00b you have a close to 100% chance of winning. However, Ranked forces most decent coaches to accept slightly disadvantegeous matchups simply because the other guy has the right to refuse.

I'm quite sure my Box winrate is higher than my Ranked winrate, especially if you would disregard tournament games. I'm also quite sure that goes for most of the above average coaches who play in both divisions.

In short: stop pretending you are some sort of GUARDIAN OF THE ONLY TRUE BLOODBOWL. Your arguments make no sense and are based on false assumptions.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Who is the craziest? The crazy man or the man who argues with the crazy man?

You really want to know who the crazy man is?

IT IS ME!!!!!!!

Why in the hell do I even care about a Div I might play on average 3 games a month in.

I only care about Ranked Majors, KPL and the Blood Sea Buccaneers.

Why am I wasting my time? Iam the crazy one.

Shocked Surprised

** Foot note **

Do I get bonus points for at least playing in the box?

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

speaking of KPL
When's that start back up? Been almost a year now
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:

My non-tournament games are actually quite evenly spread over B and R nowadays.

Uhm let's check:
Ranked games played: 5123
Black Box games played: 157

You have a really weird concept of "quite evenly spread over B and R".
Cloggy wrote:
Good Sir, your preferred division is seen as LESS FUN by enough coaches that your game volume is becoming a problem. STOP blaming people who play elsewhere for your own problems please.

Yes, because people not playing in Box are part of the problem.
They could play in Box, but they don't do it.
If they played, finding a game in Box would be quicker and there would be fewer failed activations.
Cloggy wrote:

Ranked forces most decent coaches to accept slightly disadvantegeous matchups simply because the other guy has the right to refuse.

Is that the reason I often see Super Star and Legend coaches playing vs Rookies and Veterans in Ranked?
Cloggy wrote:

In short: stop pretending you are some sort of GUARDIAN OF THE ONLY TRUE BLOODBOWL. Your arguments make no sense and are based on false assumptions.

Nah, I just use logic, competitive games should not allow to choose your opponents (majors are not played with the Gamefinder).

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %13, %2017 - %01:%Oct; edited 4 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
PainState wrote:

speaking of KPL
When's that start back up? Been almost a year now

It is on the horizon...Swimming pool season is almost over and I can focus 100% on the KPL and the reboot with S. League rosters.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Cloggy wrote:

If they played, finding a game in Box would be quicker and there would be fewer failed activations.

Be careful Matt. You won't get many people joining if you make them think that it is full of ultra-competitive hardasses who may suck all the fun out of the game.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Cloggy wrote:

Be careful Matt. You won't get many people joining if you make them think that it is full of ultra-competitive hardasses who may suck all the fun out of the game.

Oh my...I so want to respond, my hands are twitching, but Iam triggered, Iam crazy, to HELL WITH IT.

Iam out, going to get some beer and just relax and figure out my next installment of Milford and the up coming FC, which BTW will be awesome.

** Side Note **

Iam seriously considering, with advice from my twin boys, starting up a you tube account where you get Milford live and in person reporting on the Ranked Majors.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
A COMPETITIVE division must be competitive, choosing/avoiding the opponents is against the competitive logic.

+1

Ranked is not a competitive division. Therefore, it is failing at what it is supposed to be doing.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
A COMPETITIVE division must be competitive, choosing/avoiding the opponents is against the competitive logic.

+1

Ranked is not a competitive division. Therefore, it is failing at what it is supposed to be doing.

Nonsense. It is doing what it has always done.

I don't know what "competitive" means in this context, but it means whatever Christer intends it to mean.

It does its job. If you don't like it, don't play it. Just as many people don't play Box.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

+1

I wish Box could fail like Ranked and carry the majority of site traffic.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Cloggy wrote:

So there was another coach I'm buddies with who came back for a moment and then left because the attitudes of people playing were garbage.

Quote:
Sadly, I think I'll be departing again.
I just find so many of the players here absolutely insufferable...
I have fond memories of playing you, and a couple other individuals, but otherwise, this site seems to be largely composed of two different types of players –– the "Old Boys", who get to do and say whatever they want, abuse newcomers, and treat this place like their personal playground; and the hyper-competitive powergamers, who––by their own estimation––only lose because of luck and win because of skill, and don't chat except to reinforce this mantra.
In a few years, after some of those people die off, perhaps I'll have another go at it.

I think he nailed the problem. Now it's a game of sorting which coach into which category Wink
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

+1

It might carry most of the site's traffic, but is that really because it's so awesome, or just because it's 'the default'?

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

+1

It might carry most of the site's traffic, but is that really because it's so awesome, or just because it's 'the default'?

Probably both?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:

[L]eague isn't the default. [L]eague is also doing more business than Box these days.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:

[L]eague isn't the default. [L]eague is also doing more business than Box these days.

Yeah, but [L]eague is actually a good division, so that makes sense .. Laughing

Look, I never said that Box doesn't have problems - it's pretty obvious that it does and that it needs to be improved.

The thing that annoys me about R is that Ranked CR is really completely meaningless. But, if we take that away, what is being done in R right now could just as easily be done in L. Literally, the only reason to keep R is to perpetuate a meaningless ranking system and because, mainly due to historical inertia, it happens to be the default division that everyone flocks to.

As an example, I can't remember the number of times I've taken an R game because I couldn't get a game in B. That doesn't mean that I wanted an R game, or that I think R is a better division! Razz

Jump to: